Australian Addicts Unite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not compared to overseas though.

Sydney isn't as safe as Central London at night.

Sure you could walk around and nothing might happen, but things do happen.

Even things like leery men make me uncomfortable by myself.

It's not exactly sensible walking around the city by yourself at night. I know people who have had problems in Sydney and Melbourne on their own at night (including a friend who was raped).

you can't really generalise like that....eg. sydney isn't as safe as central london.....i'm not down with that at all.....it's not exactly sensible to walk around any city by yourself at night....let alone pretend to know what the hell you're talking about

What? I'm confused. Maybe it's the lack of sleep. :confused:

All I am trying to say is that when I was younger (19/20), I was fine walking around London by myself at all times of the day and night, and using public transport.

In Australia I would never do that, and have noticed a lot more people are apprehensive about doing it.

Of course any city is dangerous at night.

I'm not really understanding why you are taking issue with an off-hand comment from a few days ago.

woah! didn't mean to get so serious.....

Natalia said:
I'm not really understanding why you are taking issue with an off-hand comment from a few days ago.
[post="1319010"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

huh?? i'm a bit confused...what do you mean here?

[quote name='Joey's Pizza?' date='Apr 28 2005, 10:29 AM']i kind of disagree....i don't know you're area at all but where i live it is perfectly sage to catch the train and/or bus at any hour....or even to walk, maybe i'm deluded or maybe i'm just not making Australia out to be a really dangerous place. This may sound crazy but maybe the inner-city of sydney is more safe than canberra....or are you just making it out to be worse than it is??

EDIT: because sage has nothing to do with saFety!
[post="1318639"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]

Its perfectly safe where I live, I love perth! I'll like, do anything! In most places anyway. Of course theres the dodgy suberbs....like, balga, and mirrabooka and that.....

[quote name='Joey's Pizza?' date='Apr 28 2005, 03:07 AM']woah! didn't mean to get so serious.....
huh?? i'm a bit confused...what do you mean here?
[post="1319017"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
[/quote]
I meant that you seemed upset about a comment that really didn't mean anything. It all started because I said I wasn't comfortable catching a bus by myself at night, and that I felt safe doing it in London, but not in Australia. And that's the truth. I felt safer living in London.

My Australian friends who came to visit me thought it was really strange how safe it was in the city at night, and were surprised when I didn't want them to accompany me home at night.

Joey said:
[post="1317253"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right]
apparently so

but do I want it any more less? NO!

SCREW YOU CHANNEL SEVEN!

has anyone ever been to the city (melbourne lol) in the middle of the night? dude, druggos, prostitutes and people collapsed after drinking too much

one scary place

Well, ive seen S4 (all of it aired so far) and i can tell you right now it is not felgercarb. It could use some improvements, but im actually really enjoying it so far. Its great.
And if anyone want to disagree, BRING IT ON!!

Bubbles said:
apparently so

but do I want it any more less? NO!

SCREW YOU CHANNEL SEVEN!

has anyone ever been to the city (melbourne lol) in the middle of the night? dude, druggos, prostitutes and people collapsed after drinking too much

one scary place
[post="1319023"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

sorry have to disagree there, i dont know where your hanging in Mel, but i used to catch the last train (12.25am) home every night from work from flinders (fo those who dont know flinders is the central train station in the city) an i would walk/tram it there from st kilda and carlton depending where i was working that night, and not once did i have any problems nor did i ever feel scared....

if anyone wants to talk about unsafe areas in australia, walk around redfern in sydney at night - then you'll know scary.

AusGal said:
if anyone wants to talk about unsafe areas in australia, walk around redfern in sydney at night - then you'll know scary.
[post="1319085"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I'll definitely agree with you on that! I dont even feel comfortable driving through there at night and I always make sure my windows are up and doors locked!

yay n00bs!!! :D lol

ohh tasmanian tv sucks lol
tv.gif

Commenwealth Games.

Esh that like a year away.

Well I coming to Melbourne for the October Long Weekend and I currently looking for a job.

Hey everyone :hi:

^^ Bahaha, really? I didn't notice!

Haha Andrew, quit baggin out tassie telly, you'll have to get used to it!! :lol:

👋 everyone. I been kinda a lurker around AllAlias for ages. I normally chat over at SD-1 but gucci_94 asked me to come over so I found myself here.

Dani is that you? It's me Ness! Yeah I know I have a different name here, I don't know why I did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back