Reality TV Australian Idol

Yeah, and also Dicko was on 2day FM this morning and people were calling up asking about Cosima and the medical staff advised her and if they did that then I suppose it was a good idea for her to pull out, I wou;dn't want my thraot to get worse just when something really good may come by, but I think she'll be back, but go Guy!!! :smiley:

I think the timing of when Cosima announced her 'quitting' was a bit bad. It took away from Shannon's moment of making it in to the top 2 and what about the people who voted - they wasted their money.

I have enjoyed some of her performances but her voice couldn't take it. I always wanted Guy and Shannon in the final so I am very happy that they are.

Sorry if I sound a bit mean regarding Cosima!

Go Guy! He has the package! I knew he would be the first name to be announced last night. Because everyone knew that he would make it, it made the mystery of who would be out between Shannon and Cosima.

P.S. I think Dicko is a crack-up! He's so funny!

BTW, I am going on my Sydney trip tomorrow (yay - one sleep!!! Lol! Yes, I am 19!) therefore won't be on allalias.com til next Tues or Wed. So everyone have a great week and enjoy next week's ep's of Alias and Australian Idol! I will chat to everyone about it when I come back!

Kelly

I feel sorry for Cosima and I could tell her voice wasn't up to the harsh regime of singing that the idols have to do everyday. I really do hope she gets better and gets past the medical condition because she has become a really entertaining performer.

The producers of Australian Idol are really unfair with voting and the controversy clouding Idol now. From one source, I heard that they are sending the money that they got from the voting, but another source said they're gonna refund people's money. Either way, everyone has been screwed by the voting some way or another.

Final note: Did you hear about Millsy? A Sydney newspaper (The daily telegraph) had a photo of Millsy kissing Paris Hilton :lol: I don't know what's happening there but Millsy is really capitalisin' on his new found fame...he's hangin' out with famous millionaires and all

Yes i saw that!!!! i was so shocked when i saw that!! lol....rove and all these radio hosts were all baggin millsy out on that yesterday.

The voting was really screwed on sunday and monday like what jess was saying. but apparently the people that voted after 7pm on monday would get their money refunded but the popele that voted before that would have their money donated to charity. but u know what? my friend told me that australia spends $10 million voting!!!!!

Hello everyone!!! I am back from the land of Sydney and home to Brisbane!!!

I had a great time and I was on Channel V with Andrew G!!! I spoke about the story of Millsy and Paris Hilton 'hooking up'! Andrew is such a nice guy and he'd be one hell of a guy to go out partying with!!!

I thought Shannon's performances on Sunday night were outstanding! I liked Guy's as well but thought Shannon was amazing!!! Loved Guy's outfit though for Crazy In Love!!!

It certainly is going to be a close one to see who wins!!!

Kelly

I hope guy wins!!! i loved it when he sang I'll be there. it was soooo nice! I totally agree with you kelly. Guy looked so funky!I loved his sunnies! hehehehehe..... Did you guys see all the finalists, minus cosima (i think!) there during the finals???? Cle was so funny.

Do you like the song their going to release, "Angels Brought me Here"? I reckon it is better than rise up becuase it reflects who they are even more.

I do like Angels Brought Me Here. I think it is such a sweet song. I like Shannon's version just a little bit more than Guy's. I think Shannon's voice suited the song a bit more. I would have loved to see Guy's first single as a funky tune or something a little more jazzed up!

Kelly

That "Angels Brought Me Here" song is ok, very poppy but I guess that's what's makes a guarenteed hit !

And no way was Shannon's version better, Guy Rocks !!! Shannon singing is so one dimensional. He's just a Barnesy impersonator and can't really sing in any other style. Where guy has shown that he can sing all types of genres...

If Shannon wins, its only coz they got all the country towns to vote for him becuase he is a good aussie bloke, not because he can actually sing good...Well thats my opinion anyways...

I never said that Guy wasn't capable of doing all sorts of styles, just I thought Shannon's version was better.

I like both of the guys! I hope they both get recording contracts!

Kelly

i think guy is more suited for "international success" ~ if shannon wins, i think he'll do ok nationally, but i don't think he stands a hope outside of the country! i also think that Australia's kinda over the whole "working-class man from the country" & i don't think that that kinda image represents what Aus. Idol is all about

I think Guy would do better internationally too. But I just have a soft spot for Shannon as well!!! I think they are both great and would buy both of their cd's.

Kelly

Today in the Sunday Telegraph, it said in an article that both boys have 5 album record deals with BMG anyway, so it's only really a matter of who will get the Australian Idol title. I'll scan it later if you like :smiley:

They had something like that up here in the Brisbane Courier Mail. And if their first album doesn't sell well, they can drop them off the label. Pretty scary stuff!!!

Kelly

Just a reminder that Australian Idol isn't on tonight. At least this means we won't run the risk of missing the first minutes of Alias (thought its usually only previously on Alias stuff anyway lol!), when Australian Idol runs overtime!!!

Enjoy the two hour Alias finale everyone!!!

Kelly

Intel said:
Today in the Sunday Telegraph, it said in an article that both boys have 5 album record deals with BMG anyway, I'll scan it later if you like :smiley:
OOOOOHHHHH yes please!!! i don't get the sunday-hearld so i did'nt see it!

Records labels put so much pressure on their artists to succeed. its can probably shake them up a bit.

i read in the paper that world idol is goning to be held on christmas day and the result of who will win will be reveled on new years day.

EVERYBODY ENJOY D ALIAS SEASON FINALE 2NIGHT!!!! im actually putting on hold my studying for my maths yearly exam just to watch alias!!! ahhhh!!!

:asleep: 3 MORE SLEEPS TO GO UNTIL WE FIND OUT!!! (y) GO GUY! (y)

Holding World Idol on Christmas Day? That would be hard wouldn't it? I can't imagine it getting amazing ratings because, I don't know about everyone else, but on Christmas Day, I don't really watch telly, except for maybe the news.

But thanks for posting that info!!!!! Where did you find it? I would love to read the article, if you have it available.

I can't wait for the show on Wednesday! But I've found out I have to work til 8pm so I will miss the first half hour!!! Lucky for me, my mum is a big fan and she will be able to tape it for me! Yay!!!

Is anyone going to the show at the Opera House?

Kelly

No problemo. I think i read it in the daily telegraph. i don't remember!!! ahhhh... sorry!!! Ohh you poor thing!! get your work over and done with so then you can rush home and watch it!!!

im watching it right now and it is packed at the opera house!!!!!!! sooooooooo many people!!! apparently it's harder to get tickets to aussie idol grand final than to the rugby grand final!

Oh!! i just saw an ad for a new tv show that channel 10 is going to be airing! Take a guess: AMERICAN IDOL!!! i can't believe it!! it is sooo weird!

:D GO GUY!!!!!! (y)