Sci-Fi Avatar: The Way of Water (2022)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Avatar: The Way of Water (2022)

Tagline: Return to Pandora.

Genre: Science Fiction, Action, Adventure

Director: James Cameron

Cast: Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldaña, Sigourney Weaver, Stephen Lang, Kate Winslet, Cliff Curtis, Edie Falco, Jemaine Clement, Brendan Cowell, Jack Champion, Jamie Flatters, Britain Dalton, Trinity Bliss, Bailey Bass, Filip Geljo, Joel David Moore, CCH Pounder, Matt Gerald, Duane Evans Jr., Chloe Coleman, Keston John, Scarlett Fernandez, Jake McLean, Jeremy Irwin, Johnny Alexander, CJ Jones, Ava Diakhaby, Gumball Williams, Ryan Terk, David Thewlis, Vin Diesel, Michelle Yeoh, Dileep Rao, Giovanni Ribisi

Release: 2022-12-14

Plot: Set more than a decade after the events of the first film, learn the story of the Sully family (Jake, Neytiri, and their kids), the trouble that follows them, the lengths they go to keep each other safe, the battles they fight to stay alive, and the tragedies they endure.

Saw it in 3d in a lounger theater.
The movie is pretty but it doesn't really do anything that new, pretty much the same ole story as the first one in a different setting. I actually left before the ending 'bout 10 min before the credits. Meh...
The first film has much more 'wow & wonder' to it.

Saw it in 3d in a lounger theater.
The movie is pretty but it doesn't really do anything that new, pretty much the same ole story as the first one in a different setting. I actually left before the ending 'bout 10 min before the credits. Meh...
The first film has much more 'wow & wonder' to it.
I'm surprised to read that the story line is similar to the first one. With the first movie being more-or-less a retelling of Ferngully I was expecting that the story for this one would be really different to squelch detractors.

Cameron has indicated that Avatar 3 will 'fire' based so I guess Avatar 4 will be 'air' based. Wait... land, water, fire, air... this concept seems familiar.