Sci-Fi Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Avengers: Endgame

Tagline: Part of the journey is the end.

Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction, Action

Director: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo

Cast: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chadwick Boseman, Brie Larson, Tom Holland, Karen Gillan, Zoe Saldana, Evangeline Lilly, Tessa Thompson, Rene Russo, Elizabeth Olsen, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Tom Hiddleston, Danai Gurira, Benedict Wong, Pom Klementieff, Dave Bautista, Letitia Wright, John Slattery, Tilda Swinton, Jon Favreau, Hayley Atwell, Natalie Portman, Marisa Tomei, Taika Waititi, Angela Bassett, Michael Douglas, Michelle Pfeiffer, William Hurt, Cobie Smulders, Sean Gunn, Winston Duke, Linda Cardellini, Maximiliano Hernández, Frank Grillo, Hiroyuki Sanada, Tom Vaughan-Lawlor, James D'Arcy, Jacob Batalon, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Gwyneth Paltrow, Robert Redford, Josh Brolin, Chris Pratt, Samuel L. Jackson, Lexi Rabe, Joe Russo, Ross Marquand, Emma Fuhrmann, Michael James Shaw, Terry Notary, Kerry Condon, Ben Sakamoto, Ava Russo, Cade Woodward, Stan Lee, Yvette Nicole Brown, Callan Mulvey, Lia Russo, Julian Russo, Taylor Patterson, Agostino Rosalina, Ken Jeong, Ty Simpkins, Jackson A. Dunn, Lee Moore, Bazlo LeClair, Loen LeClair, Matthew Berry, Joy McAvoy, John Michael Morris, Michael A. Cook, Brent McGee, Brian Schaeffer, Jamie Wedel, Anthony G Breed, Erica Ribley, Monique Ganderton, Jim Starlin, Jimmy Ray Pickens, Hye Jin Jang, Russell Bobbitt, James Lin, Jack Champion, Sam Hargrave, Patrick Gorman, Aaron Lazar, Robert Pralgo, Tom Wisdom, John Posey, Ameenah Kaplan, Olaniyan Thurmon, Jennifer Elmore, Mike Lutz

Release: 2019-04-24

Runtime: 181

Plot: After the devastating events of Avengers: Infinity War, the universe is in ruins due to the efforts of the Mad Titan, Thanos. With the help of remaining allies, the Avengers must assemble once more in order to undo Thanos' actions and restore order to the universe once and for all, no matter what consequences may be in store.
Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Two problems with Endgame:
One they did not get the Soul Stone
and two
Thanos had way too much power to defeat the Avengers.
But... the key fracture is the Soul Stone.

The sacrifice to get the Soul Stone was Not within the parameters of the rules.
In Infinity War, Thanos sacrificed the one he loved to get the Soul Stone.
An act that could not be undone.
In Endgame, the sacrifice was no one sacrificing another but a sel-sacrifice.
Self-sacrifice was not what the Soul Stone needed.
When she pushed away from his grip - it becomes a self-sacrifice.
While it plays to the heart-throb of the audience it betrays the intent of the story.
Everything that happens after that, is invalid.
They could not have all six stones so none of the events could take place.

But, if we assume the Soul Stone event is valid.
Thanos was able to beat off the Avengers without the Gauntlent.
If you remember from Infinity War, Thanos was only able to beat the Avengers using the powers of the stones in the Gauntlet.
So, without the Gauntlent or the Stones, Thanos could not over-power the Avengers in the way that was depicted.

Granted it IS a fun movie to watch.
However, if you possess even a smidgen of a rational mind, given, in a suspended belief understanding, there is a bit of rationality that screams "foul" that breaks the disbelief.
I do understand the need to accept what is given.
Most will just take it as it shows but some of us are just not so oblivious to allow such blatant inconsistencies to go unnoticed.

If you think Endgame was brilliant, I wonder if Stan Lee would agree?
It seems like the "Vision' of the Avengers is taking the same road as Star Trek after Gene left the scene?
Shall we be doomed to a faded vison of Marvel that compares to the aleady faded vision of Star Trek?
Where are we actually going?

I think it's playing again at the local theaters with extended scenes; I may have to make a point of seeing it, else I'd have to wait for it to hit DVD on Netflix (since streaming will be tied up to Disney's service which I'll likely not be subscribing to).