Feedback AWalkerBit.me Post Ratings

AWalkerBit.Me

Survivor HQ
OVERVIEW
Main question about differences between XenForo and vBulletin, many users asked about "rep" being used. After quite a debate, it was concluded that "Likes" (which are used by xenForo) is the same representation as "Rep", what vBulletin uses. We have used just that simple system for a while, until this was released. Well, I think it takes Likes, adds in Reps, and also adds in your own personal "rating" for the post. The system works very well, and it would make your forum experience here better if you used it and shared your opinions on other posts.

To begin with, after reading a post, and you want to rate it, follow this
ShowRatings.gif
As you can see in the image above, once you "rate" the post, a bar appears with how it was rated. Clicking on the "List" link at the end, will bring up a box showing you who rated each post and what it was rated, such as this:

pr2.png

AREAS TO SEE RATINGS
At the present time, we have a few different areas to view you ratings. They are shown here.

Visitor Profile Panel / Forum Home Page
View attachment 4

Member Card Overlay / Click on Anyone's Username
View attachment 5

Registered Member Page
View attachment 6

Member Profile Page
View attachment 7

Postbit Display
View attachment 8

Once you post anything, you then have the chance to be "rated" on that post. When someone does rate it, be it good or bad, you will receive a notice.
A little pop-up balloon will appear in your Alerts, informing you of new information. Once you hover over it, you will see the relevant alert concerning your post.
View attachment 9

You are also able to navigate to your profile area, and view them in the Latest Alerts link:
View attachment 10

Finally, the last area you can see this, is in the Recent Activity:
View attachment 11

At AWalkerBit.me, we have a decently wide variety of ratings that can be chosen from. Each "positive" rating also has a "negative" rating to balance them. From the image below, you can see them all. Depending on growth, usage, suggestions, etc the amount of post ratings can be changed to add or remove.

View attachment 12
Here are each with a brief description:
Like ----- Self-explanatory
Dislike ----- Self-explanatory
Love This! ----- Completely agree, perfect post.
Funny ----- Self-explanatory
Winner ----- Self-explanatory
Informative ----- Post that provides some useful information.
Toxic ----- Dumb post, pretty useless.
Spammer ----- Random post that has no use in the discussion.
You've Got a Pulse ----- In the right direction, just not quite following you yet.
Creative ----- Great artwork, idea, suggestion, etc.

I am sure everyone can differentiate between the ranks, and know what to use when. If you have any questions about the ratings, please inform the Admin team. If you have a suggestion, or idea, we are open to them, please, post them in the appropriate forum.

Thanks.

Attachments

• postrating1.png
    postrating1.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 235
  • postrating1.png
    postrating1.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 230
  • postrating2.png
    postrating2.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 229
  • postrating2.png
    postrating2.png
    83.2 KB · Views: 232
  • postrating3.png
    postrating3.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 218
  • postrating3.png
    postrating3.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 274
  • postrating4.png
    postrating4.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 216
  • postrating4.png
    postrating4.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 230
  • postrating5.png
    postrating5.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 215
  • postrating5.png
    postrating5.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 218
  • postrating6.png
    postrating6.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 220
  • postrating6.png
    postrating6.png
    9.5 KB · Views: 230
  • postrating7.png
    postrating7.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 231
  • postrating7.png
    postrating7.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 211
  • postrating8.png
    postrating8.png
    12 KB · Views: 216
  • postrating8.png
    postrating8.png
    12 KB · Views: 181
  • postrating9.png
    postrating9.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 214
  • postrating9.png
    postrating9.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 184
The post ratings have been re-implemented. :smiley: The graphics are a little different but they behave the same way as described above. If you hover your mouse over each of the images you'll see the description that goes along with the rating.

Hello!
I have no way of knowing what each smiley rating means. I have searched. I can discern a few, but when I press on each, a bunch of stuff pops up...but not the word or meaning.
I'm on a phone, no hovering, just pressing. :D

Hello!
I have no way of knowing what each smiley rating means. I have searched. I can discern a few, but when I press on each, a bunch of stuff pops up...but not the word or meaning.
I'm on a phone, no hovering, just pressing. :D
Good point! The ratings have changed since the time of this point anyway so I'll create a new thread this weekend with each of the ratings and their descriptions.

Thanks for pointing this out. :smiley:

Icky, I didn't forget about this.

Over the weekend I started writing up a post but noticed that the smilies used for the "Post Ratings" don't all match the smilies that are actually selectable in the posts. I've started going through both the ratings and the smilies so that they match and are available in both places.

Lack of time didn't allow me to finish yet so as soon as I have them matching I'll finish up writing the public post. "Time is the fire in which we burn."

Back