Back from E3!

Royce

Cadet
Whew! What a week!

So many things to do and booths to explore... and yet, I found most of my time at our booth playing (or watching) HJ be played.

FYI, Rule number 1 if you "ever" go to one of these... bring comfortable shoes... for the love of all that is holy... never forget that.

You've all read about Wyr by now. You've seen the pictures. but let me just list a few points that I love to see and do.

1) Teleport Backstab. It's the thief in me I know, but damn is it cool. In and out. Any true rogue will see the use of this and drool!

2) Harm Spell. Once the "grim reaper" brings forth his scythe, your foe will know its over!

3) Mortar. Mwahahaahahahaha! Just like is sounds. Launch your AOE from a distance... then close for the kill.

4) Female Gear Knights... are HAWT!

5) Arrow Swarm! Love the bow? This AOE ability is for you! Launch a swarm of arrows in that will fall in a circular area (which you pick the size and place of) making your targets into pincushions.

6) Jet lag sucks. It's 12:36am eastern. I should be sleeping.

7) Free Mountain Dew for 2 days. 'Nuff said.

8) Dragons breath does hurt!

9) 3D monitors are cool as hell. Having your H.U.D. up close with the action in the background was, very new and fresh. http://www.iz3d.com/

10) Laura Croft is shorter in person.

11) Paris Hilton is a true blonde and gives the rest of them a bad name.

12) There are more Simutronics Players, past and present, in the world than you would think.

13) If you get lost in LA, it takes at LEAST 30 minutes to get back on track.

14) If you are not a rude driver and are afraid to cut people off... then take a taxi because you are NEVER going to get off at your exit.

15) The g4tv cast is shorter than Laure Croft.... all of them.

16) Did I mention Female Gear Knights are hawt? They really are. (if you want them to be that is).

17) It's still worth it to wait in line for 45 minutes to get a cafe mocha and a coffee cake.

18) Never pay 40 bucks just to park close to anything. Chances are, you cant get out of the parking lot at the end of the day anyway. Take an extra 5 minutes and park a block or two away.

19) The US Army lets you take their weapons for free. And they seem to like Peanut Butter energy bars (Named "HooHah")... and they wash it down with some odd Kool-Aid drink of the same name. Still it was free so here the website to thier training game. America's Army

20) And I'll end it at this. It's more fun to play HJ than you probably think! And I know some of you think it's probably fun.... think bigger.

There's my brief list. This is the first site I've posted on since I came back so.. there's an exclusive for you Frosty.

I'm going to go recline and watch Dr. Who.

P.S. Rule number 2, never... ever take the very last row of an airplane OR the emergency exit row. the seats do NOT recline. I learned the hard way. I learned the last row on the flight out and I learned the emergency exit row on the flight back.

Awesome Royce! Simply awesome :smiley: So... when are you guys handing out the all-access, unrestricted "it's secretly finished" games? Heh, I know, I wish...

Here's to waiting for more and more, and maybe a chance to play HJ sooner rather than later. /cheers

~ Jaraeth

First of all, I cant think any bigger or my mind will EXPLODE!!!!

You have made me want to play a femal gear knight.

Arrow swarm sounds cool. And does the size of the circle have an effect on the damage per unit in the circle? same with mortar. I think I read somewhere that it does.

Brush your teeth, MT. Dew is baaad!

Hope you had fun, and I'll bet it's going to feel nice to relax and watch Dr. who.

Ok, here's a scoop too.

It "may" happen that those that attend the unofficial con in St louis in 6 weeks or so will have a chance to play the game there.

There are no "solid" details, but we're looking into it and I'll be sure to let you all know. ;)

Do tickets for E3 cost like $500?

And I don't think I could have thought any bigger than when I read that review about some guy blowing up enemies in-game with a freakin mortar.

Will there be any upcoming movies (i.e. showing in-game action rather than the one movie we've seen so far)? We all want to see more!

Originally posted by HJ-Royce@May 13 2006, 09:57 PM
1) Teleport Backstab. It's the thief in me I know, but damn is it cool. In and out. Any true rogue will see the use of this and drool!
That's gotta be the coolest name I've heard for a move in a long time.

To get into E3 is more then just paying $500. You need to be apart of the media in someway shape, or form. I'd be qualified to go becuase of Hero's Hall, and being part of Golevel.com. However, it does range from about $550-$1,000 for a ticket.

Mortar was by far my favorite ability. No doubt about it. The range on that thing is grrrreat!

About the Wyr... this has so much potential. I love it. LOVE it I tell ya!

And anytime a soda company decides to pass out free 20oz soda's when cans are selling for near $3 only a short walk away is going to win a ton of brownie points.

Laura Croft IS shorter in person... and much more attractive.

I'd also add that Snoop Dogg has many more 'fans' in the gaming industry than I had originally thought.

And to whomever started the myth that Booth Babes were a thing of the past... well... I'm glad they were wrong. :P

Originally posted by Daax@May 14 2006, 09:07 PM
Booth Babes make me hard in pants.... :Ph34r:
Booth Babes got banned.

Google "booth babe ban" =/

EDIT: Or did they? I guess they didn't....

Booth babes I belive just had to wear more clothing. This years E3 seemed kinda stale in my honest opinion. So much information came out last year from E3 in the gaming industry in general. This year just seemed kinda... BLAH.. Good thing I'll be going next year though! I'll rock the party, not to mention I'll be bringing home a few booth babes ;)

Here's my new creation! Truly a masterpiece.
mesohorny.jpg

Yes. That is a crayon dancing on a strip pole.

About the whole Lara Croft thing..

Was it the -real- Lara Croft? (I mean the real live Lara Croft, the model that the character was made after)

Anyway, I'm just curious about that.