Background Noise

Nnem

Cadet
What's yours?

Mine varies, lets say im oding something like... grinding solo, I like to have some techno music playing, keeps my interest, and keeps a beat for me.

Maybe for a raid Ill have the tv on low in the back ground, for those downtimes when everyone is mending and such...

For pvp, I like to have some music on low, usually something thats slightly upbeat and faster.

You?

I don't listen to music while I play. Mostly because I don't own any, but also because it would block out the little noises in the game. Well, that, and I've never really followed music. That's why I don't really tell people what I like, since that only ends up in an arguement, unless they like the same stuff. People tend to be kind of critical about music, from my experience. :/

Anyway, I often have the TV on in the background while I'm on the comuter, but it's usually off when I'm playing a game... I'm bored! :(

I only listen to music while being pretty idle in MMOs typically. If I'm pvping tho' I can start off with music, but then I have to turn off winamp.
Sometimes I have the TV going, generally just letting Cartoon Network roll on or the History Channel.

No musci for me, mostly beacuse I tend to play in the wee hours of the morning and have neighbours to worry about.

It depends on the game. I like to keep the immersion level high in MMORPGs and I will listen to the default music as long as it isn't too repetative or annoying. WoW had a good soundtrack.

If I do listen to anything in game, I usually stream techno/trance from Digitally Imported

Techno, Trance or whatever else is on my file server... normally though, I listen to the default music in the game... I like to hear NPC's voices and such.

~ Jaraeth

J-Rock. Mostly High and Mighty Color, but also The Pillows, some Shin Kidouseki and this one really great song by Kung Fu Generation. I'll throw in some American tunes once in awhile, but they really aren't that good by comparison.

Oh.. sometimes I do watch movies on my 2nd PC while I play. Lately, I have been strangely addicted to the movie - "Super Troopers." I keep watching it over and over.

"Littering and... Littering and... Littering and... "
"You are freaking out... man."

I like Dschingis Khan, although I don't really listen to them much anymore.

I don't really listen to anything at the moment, although I like ICP.. And Coheed and Cambria a bit.

I turn off the game music, and leave the sound on, and use winamp to play other music ranging from j-pop to rap, so i can hear the ingame fighting and other noises and music .

Back