Bad Piggies (Angry Birds spinoff)

Robby

Helper Bot
__thumb_-2-BP_843x403_highlight.png

Espoo, Finland- September 4, 2012
Rovio Entertainment, the creators of Angry Birds, today announced their newest game, Bad Piggies, launching September 27 for iOS, Android and Mac. This innovative game turns the franchise on its head by letting the fans play as the pigs – with all new, never-before-seen gameplay – and not a slingshot in sight!

“There’s a lot of empathy towards the lovable enemies from the Angry Birds games, and we’ve been constantly asked: what about the pigs’ side of the story?” said Mikael Hed, CEO of Rovio. “Bad Piggies gives you the chance to play as the second-most-loved characters in the Angry Birds universe, and explore this rich world through their green eyes.”

The new game will launch on iOS, Android and Mac on September 27. Windows Phone, Windows 8 and PC versions will follow shortly.

“We’ve had a lot of fun creating a totally new and unique gameplay experience,” said Petri Järvilehto, EVP Games at Rovio. “There’s so much more to these pigs than what is seen in the Angry Birds games, and Bad Piggies is the first glimpse into what’s going on in the imaginative and ingenious minds of the pigs.”

To get in on the action and see all the gameplay news first, go to www.badpiggies.com, follow the pigs on Twitter http://twitter.com/badpiggies and like the pigs on Facebook Log In or Sign Up to View. Stay tuned during the next few weeks, and see what the pigs are up to!

Oooh, I'll play this. I've played all of the prior Angry Birds games on my Android phone and am now replaying them on my Nexus 7.

Bad Piggies available now!
Source: Rovio.com

September 27 -- Espoo, Finland -- Rovio Entertainment released its newest game, Bad Piggies, for iOS, Android, Mac, and PC. Told from the pigs’ point of view, this innovative game lets fans build amazing machines that crawl, roll, crash, and fly the pigs to the eggs!
“We’ve never done anything like this,” said Petri Järvilehto, EVP of Games. “Where Angry Birds was all about destruction, Bad Piggies is all about the joy of construction. It’s not just about getting three stars -- in this game, failing is almost as much fun as succeeding!”
The game is set on Piggy Island, where the Bad Piggies are after the eggs again -- but as usual, nothing is going according to plan. They need help in creating the ultimate flying machine and steering it safely to their destination.
With more than 60 levels, and free updates coming up, there’s hours and hours of pig-crashing, exploding, and flying fun. Fans can unlock an additional 30 levels by getting three stars, and four sandbox levels let them stretch their creativity to the utmost. With 33 objects available to create the ultimate machine, the sky’s the limit -- if you can navigate around all the obstacles first!
This is the first time the Bad Piggies are protagonists of a game, but it’s just the beginning of a series of Bad Piggies related games and other entertainment.
Bad Piggies is available now on iOS, Android, Mac, and PC, with Windows Phone coming soon. For more information, check out BadPiggies.com, or follow Bad Piggies on Facebook or Twitter. Press inquiries may be sent to media@rovio.com.
About Rovio Entertainment
Rovio Entertainment Ltd is an industry-changing entertainment media company headquartered in Finland, and the creator of the globally successful Angry Birds franchise. Angry Birds, a casual puzzle game, became an international phenomenon within a few months of its release, and is now the number one paid app of all time. Angry Birds have expanded rapidly in entertainment, publishing, and licensing to become a beloved international brand. Following this success, Rovio published Amazing Alex and Bad Piggies. For more information, check www.rovio.com

I've been playing this on my Nexus 7 tablet and so far find it interesting. The only thing I don't like is that I can't do pinch-to-zoom like you can with Angry Birds.

I just installed Bag Piggies and have only played a few levels, looks like it will be a good game - possibly even better than Angry Birds as it looks more challenging.

Back