Politics Baggage handlers and drugs

Given the recent drugs case involving Schapelle Corby (big news here in Australia) and the many other people in prisions around the world for the same sought of offences, what are peoples thoughts about airport security, baggage handlers, and drugs. Any personal experiences??

security background checks on baggage handlers x-rays of luggage at point of departure and point of arrival...and at the biggest smuggling ports (miami for example) drug sniffing dogs moving randomly through bags, particularly those coming from drug producing states...there must be systems in place to pin-point who placed the drugs and who is responsible for them if found...the corby case just feels awful and wrong in terms of the guilty verdict and the sentence...

mexico city said:
security background checks on baggage handlers x-rays of luggage at point of departure and point of arrival...and at the biggest smuggling ports (miami for example) drug sniffing dogs moving randomly through bags, particularly those coming from drug producing states...there must be systems in place to pin-point who placed the drugs and who is responsible for them if found...the corby case just feels awful and wrong in terms of the guilty verdict and the sentence...
[post="1369917"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Australia has stricter laws than anywhere in the world regarding what you can take into the country. Sometimes when I fly in from countries with a bad reputaion (India a lot recently), I have felt like a criminal even though I haven't done anything wrong. They are very thorough.
The baggage handlers on our side are in question though. We have a lot of people from the countries where drug smuggling is a problem working in these jobs, and there have been huge reforms talked about since the Schapelle Corby fiasco started. I agree that there just isn't something right about it all.

But, like other people, I am starting to think it was her brother who planted the drugs.

Back