Ball/Prom/Formal Dress

Ok, how much did you pay for your dress?

• less than $100

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $100-$200

• $200-$300

• $300-$400

• $400-$500

• more than $500

• Total voters
I really can't remember how much it was, all I remember was that I had fun (I think..) and that I picked the wrong shoes lol, my feet died that night ;) so shoes are important :lol:

Osiris said:
i paid about $180 for mine
[post="1307622"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Me too! And I just wore it again this past weekend to my sororities formal, so I consider it as now $90 since I wore it twice. I love that dress. Took me forever to find it.

Mine is coming up in December and I already have mine I think it was $209
Anyway tell me if my mum went overboard a bit here. We went out just shopping and she came across this dress shop Hilton's to be exact so she dragged me in there she was looking at all these dresses and found one she loved and asked me to try it on I said no coz I was tied and just wanted to go home so we did. The next day my mum said she couldn't sleep because she could just see me in this dress and she would not let it go. Anyway a coupple days later I come home to find mum with a huge grin on her face she runs away and comes back with THE dress in her hand and tell me to try it on i said what if it doesn't fit and she like too bad can't return it (It fit perectly kinda freaky actually).
has any one elses mum done that?

Junior year prom it was about 275

Senior year prom closer to 400 :blush:

And I'm sure I will never wear those dresses again...though I would love too...especially Senior year...it was soo pretty!

Junior prom, I uh wore one I already had. It was last week hah! My feet hurt so much.. they still do, and my sunburn does too!! But that was from Saturday morning. I'm definately buying one next year!!

ams4alias said:
Mine is coming up in December and I already have mine I think it was $209
Anyway tell me if my mum went overboard a bit here. We went out just shopping and she came across this dress shop Hilton's to be exact so she dragged me in there she was looking at all these dresses and found one she loved and asked me to try it on I said no coz I was tied and just wanted to go home so we did. The next day my mum said she couldn't sleep because she could just see me in this dress and she would not let it go. Anyway a coupple days later I come home to find mum with a huge grin on her face she runs away and comes back with THE dress in her hand and tell me to try it on i said what if it doesn't fit and she like too bad can't return it (It fit perectly kinda freaky actually).
has any one elses mum done that?
[post="1307791"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Mine was way back in 1997, but my mother bought me a dress when she was away in Sydney.

I loved it though because it wasn't one of those big satin numbers almost everybody wears.

I think it cost just over $100, but it would probably be worht more now.

Wow, that helps heaps! lol, there's some people at my school paying like $600, and thats just the dress! Crazy!

I got mine on the weekend, i tried this really cool one on in Intangible that was like....$170 but then I went to good sammys (2nd hand shop) and found the most awesomest dress ever, and it was only $20 ^_^ and I've got 3 balls that I'm going to this year, My school ball, my best mates school ball, and the Venturer Ball :P Fun Fun Fun! AND I'm like, one of the most tomboyish gals in my year ^_^ its weird getting dressed up.....but seeing as its my last year at school and stuff.....*shruggs*

i hav my yr 10 formal coming up in november and me and my sis are making my dress. IT's gonna cost me like under 50 bucks which is great cos i'm kinda strapped for cash. plus, it'll have sentimental value cos we made it!

I don't really get this prom thingy... when do you have like "the prom" you see in all those movies/shows...

don't you normally have like just one ball at the end of your time in school?

and like "the prom dress" do you just wear it one time at your own prom or do you use it afterwards? lol

Well for my school, in australia. We have a Year 11/12 ball. We have it combinded becuase its a smallish school. So you get the chance to go twice. Its in may, which is second term, first semester. Its then so as we're not worrying about dresses and dates and stuff during exams.

Back