Batman Begins / 6/05

I think there going after more a "Batman: Year One" look with this movie, hence a younger Bruce Wayne and etc....which could be a good thing.

some guy here in the tampa, FL area has an exact replica of the batmobile. some people believe that it's the original one from the first movie...i personally don't...

but anyway, i'm not a big fan of katie holmes. i hope she doesn't ruin the movie for me. :(

Apparently Liam Neeson has been signed. It is not clear, however, what role he will be playing. The future Commissioner Gordon, the Scarecrow, and R'as Al Ghul himself have all been suggested.

Supposedly this Batman will be a darker vision than the previous series.
;)

Update is that Neeson has definitely signed to play a villian (per Cinescape) but it is unclear whether it is R'as Al Ghul, The Scarecrow, or crime boss Carmine Falcone. I, of course, am hoping for R'as Al Ghul, as that sounds by far the most interesting, and I like Mr Neeson's work--and he makes for a most imposing figure.
^_^

Interesting that Variety reported that Liam Neeson would play R'as Al Ghul and then retracted it and then said he would play a mentor of Batman's and that Watanabe would play Ghul instead. Oh well. I like Watanabe, but Neeson's height and intensity would make him a fine villain and his talents are almost always underused. He was in many ways the most mesmerizing figure in Gangs of New York and he was hardly there at all. Oh well . . .
^_^

verdantheart said:
and I like Mr Neeson's work--and he makes for a most imposing figure.
^_^
haha you're my new best friend for saying that :smiley:

I wasn't too sure about the choice for Katie Holmes for this movie. But if they're doing a younger batman then it makes more sense.
Originally I was like, she barely looks 18. She's too young for him.

But I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Liam Neeson on board with this movie might help it to actually make the worlds most recognizable comic book charactor into a decent movie. The last 3 movies have been really camp and crappy....

spy_girl21 said:
you have got to be kidding me, a fifth batman??? i think i'm going to pass on this one.
but its been so long since the last Batman came out. They have plenty to work with since this is a prequel of sorts.

Since this has now opened, I'm bumping the thread so that people can see it. ;)

LOL Yeah. :D Me too. I don't want her to ruin it for me. But with Cillian and Christian, I am hoping she'll be forgettable enough... ;)

i saw it the nite that it opened. and i thought that it was AWSOME!!!! i highly recommend it to everyone. katie holmes...meh they could've pick some A LOT better for that role. but christian nailed bruce/batman PERFECTLY. i hope that he will do more of the batman movies. anywho...cillian=greatness and he's major hot so yea, his eyes like totally stood out and...mmmmm...anywho enough rambling! :lol:

Back