Superheroes Batman: The Dark Knight

Does this mean that this is a whole new line of Batman movies having nothing to do with the originals? (not that I would have a problem with this). I mean, the Joker was introduced and defeated in the first Batman, so if this does come out, then it would have to take a completely different road from the original line of Batman flicks. How the heck is this supposed to work?

Yes, it's going to be a completely independent new "series" of movies. So, it would be okay to introduce the Joker, because technically, he has never been introduced to this Batman. ;)

Apparently, so says my roommate, Katie is retiring from acting to raise Tom's kid, so it's pretty definite she won't be in this one.

Apparently, so says my roommate, Katie is retiring from acting to raise Tom's kid, so it's pretty definite she won't be in this one.

I really hope she's not, but I've heard some rumors out there that she will be back.

Also stumbled across this one today:

Batman goes Brokeback
Posted by Clint Morris on February 6, 2006

Sounds like Jake Gyllenhaal's been admitted into the big boys club.

The Oscar Nominated star of "Brokeback Mountain" is rumoured to be suiting up as D.A Harvey Dent in the "Batman Begins" sequel. A scooper for Superhero Hype says both Gyllenhaal and Paul Bettany's names have been whispered quite a bit on the set of the new Chris Nolan/Christian Bale/Michael Caine film "The Prestige" - Gyllenhaal as Gotham City's good-guy attorney, Bettany as the devilish Joker.

Should Gyllenhaal agree to the role, it's likely he'll be signed for a further film. Rumour has it that Dent will mould into his mutated alter-ego, Two-Face, in the third film.

The "Batman" sequel isn't the first superhero film that Gyllenhaal has been linked to. He was in line to replace Tobey Maguire on "Spider-Man 2", had the young actor not returned to the role, and was Kevin Smith's choice to play "The Greeen Hornet" a couple of years back. At one stage Gyllenhaal had even met Warner about playing the Caped Crusader himself.

In the "Batman Begins" sequel, Batman teams with Harvey Dent to take down the clown prince of crime, The Joker. Chris Nolan returns as director, with Christian Bale, Katie Holmes, Gary Oldman and Michael Caine all reprising their roles from the 2005 hit.

http://www.moviehole.net/news/20060206_bat..._brokeback.html

Bad news. Effing Heath Ledger has been given the role of The Joker.

Say your prayers. <_<

ETA: More news from the site, however is more pleasant... Harvey Dent may be played instead by Ryan Phillipe. :smiley:

(P.S. Of course all of these observations/opinions are solely my own. ^_^ I understand others might disagree.)

The newest Batman movie, The Dark Knight, is looking like it'll be one of the highly anticipated movies of 2008. Christian Bale returns as Bruce Wayne/Batman and newcomer Heath Ledger stars as The Joker.

85zqdxi.jpg

I think it's going to be great. Begins was easily the best of all the many versions of the Batman, and I think this one is going to top it. (It's also nice they replace the one weak link of the first movie, Katie Holmes, with the beautiful and talented Maggie Gyllenhaal.)

I still haven't seen the whole thing of Batman Begins yet. :(

But somebody was kind to give me a pre-paid subscription to NetFlix for Christmas so I'll be putting it in my queue. I still have a month of premium channels preview with DirectTV so between that and the new NetFlix subscription, I'm planning on catching up on my movie watching. :D

I enjoyed it a lot. I have a special place in my heart for Batman Retuns, but Begins really is the best...until Dark Knight comes out.

[img2=left]http://i.realone.com/assets/cs/4h1/055304h1.jpg[/img2]Dark Knight

Starring:

Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Heath Ledger, Gary Oldman, AaronE...

Review:

Heads up: a thunderbolt is about to rip into the blanket of bland we call summer movies. The Dark Knight, director Christopher Nolan's absolute stunner of a follow-up to 2005's Batman Begins, is a potent provocation decked out as a comic-book movie. Feverish action? Check. Dazzling spectacle? Check. Devilish fun? Check. But Nolan is just warming up. There's something raw and elemental at work in this artfully imagined universe. Striking out from his Batman origin story, Nolan cuts through to a deeper dimension. Huh? Wha? How can a conflicted guy in a bat suit and a villain with a cracked, painted-on clown smile speak to the essentials of the human condition? Just hang on for a shock to the system. The Dark Knight creates a place where good and evil - expected to do battle -...

Rating: 3 Stars

(Via Rolling Stone)

After finally watching Batman Begins a few weeks ago I am looking forward to The Dark Knight. I going to resist all of the hyper of Ledger's portrayal of The Joker and will likely just wait for it DVD.

152 minutes running time isn't it? That's one bottom numbing experience :smiley: When they get that long you need a home cinema experience with a convenient pause button for the toilet breaks!

It will no doubt be a good film though. I doubt anyone could go wrong with a Batman film nowadays, especially if it is like the last one. Nice and gritty. Although pricing itself out of the youth market maybe with the adult themes. Even the actor who played the original comic book style Batman of the 60's has complained recently about the level of violence and darkness.

... Although pricing itself out of the youth market maybe with the adult themes. Even the actor who played the original comic book style Batman of the 60's has complained recently about the level of violence and darkness.
But the Batman comics are dark and adult oriented! Even in the days of Adam West portraying Batman on TV the comic was much darker and the TV show was essentially a dumbed down kids show. By comparison most of today's comics don't even try to be for kids anymore and deal with extreme violence and story lines.

I know if I had kids, I sure as heck would not let them read most of today's comics! :eek:

TMNT started off as dark violent comics. When I was younger and an RPGer we had a few past us and remembered them when the cartoon show came out for little kids.