Superheroes Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Azhria Lilu

Captain
Title: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Tagline: Justice or revenge

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Jesse Eisenberg, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Jeremy Irons, Holly Hunter, Laurence Fishburne, Callan Mulvey, Scoot McNairy, Tao Okamoto, Jena Malone, Lauren Cohan, Brandon Spink, Hugh Maguire, Michael Cassidy, Alan D. Purwin, Dan Amboyer, Rebecca Buller, Harry Lennix, Christina Wren, Jade Chynoweth, Chad Krowchuk, Kevin Costner, Ezra Miller, Charlie Rose, Vikram Gandhi, Andrew Sullivan, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart, Soledad O'Brien, Erika R. Erickson, Dana Bash, Nancy Grace, Anderson Cooper, Brooke Baldwin, Jason Momoa, Joe Morton, Ray Fisher, Joseph Cranford, Emily Peterson, Patrick Wilson, Carla Gugino, Sammi Rotibi, Hanna Dworkin, Tiffany L. Addison, Owais Ahmed, Anish Jethmalani, Tiffany Bedwell, Natalee Arteaga, Keith D. Gallagher, Jeff Dumas, Miriam Lee, Alicia Regan, Stephanie Koenig, Ripley Sobo, Richard Burden, Julius Tennon, Wunmi Mosaku, Dennis North, Kiff VandenHeuvel, Mason Heidger, Ahney Her, Kristine Cabanban, Sebastian Sozzi, Kent Shocknek, Ralph Lister, Sammy A. Publes, Jay R. Adams, David Midura, Jay Towers, Michael Ellison, Kirill Ostapenko, Rashontae Wawrzyniak, Tom Luginbill, Dave Pasch, Danny Mooney, Henry Frost III, Nicole Forester, Debbie Stabenow, Milica Govich, John Lepard, Sandra Love Aldridge, Graham W.J. Beal, Henri Franklin, Jonathan West, T.J. Martinelli, Chris Newman, Lulu Dahl, Sam Logan Khaleghi, Anne Marie Damman, Connie Craig, Henrietta Hermelin, Patrick Leahy, Albert Valladares, David Paris, Abigail Kuklis, Greg Violand, Tiren Jhames, Steve Jasgur, Jonathan Stanley, Jesse Nagy, Duvale Murchison, Thomas J. Fentress, Coburn Goss, Jeff Hanlin, Gary A. Hecker, Robin Atkin Downes, Brandon Bautista, Carmen Gangale, Mark Edward Taylor, Michael Shannon, Matahi Drollet, Mormon Maitui, Taraina Sanford, Jean Ho, Julia Glander, Cleve McTier, Bevin Kowal, Carmen Ayala, Josh Carrizales, James Quesada, Aida Munoz, David Dailey Green, Madison Autumn Mies, Thomas M. Taylor, Thom Kikot, John Seibert, Liam Matthews, Zachary Schafer, Monrico Ward, Ryan D'Silva, Tom Whalen, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Richard Cetrone, Marcus Goddard, Joe Fishel, Jalene Mack

Release: 2016-03-23

Runtime: 152

Plot: Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

WHAT??? Ben Affleck as the Bat??

The search has been called off for a new Dark Knight - Ben Affleck has just landed the role of Batman in Man Of Steel 2.

The one-time Daredevil is re-entering the world of comic-book movies with the big budget sequel, exactly a decade after his critically-pannedDaredevilmovie.

According to an official press release, Affleck's Batman is going to be “a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter”.
Total Film | GamesRadar+
Just.... WHAT??????

Wow, I thought that since Ben had said that he'd never do a Daredevil sequel, he'd never do another superhero movie again. I suppose that the appeal of playing Batman in a partnership with Superman had to have been the major attraction.

Ben Affleck to play Batman in next ‘Man of Steel’ movie - Toronto | Globalnews.ca
Ben Affleck to play Batman in next ‘Man of Steel’ movie

By John R. Kennedy, Global News
August 22, 2013 9:43 pm

TORONTO — Ben Affleck has been picked to play Batman (aka Bruce Wayne) in the sequel to Man of Steel, Warner Bros. announced Thursday.

Henry Cavill will reprise his role as Superman (aka Clark Kent) in the follow-up, which will also see the return of director Zack Snyder.

“Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman,” Snyder said, in a press release. “He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.”

It will be the first time Superman and Batman have appeared together on the big screen.

“We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics’ most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some,” said Greg Silverman of Warner Bros., in a press release. “His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character.”

The film is due in theatres in July 2015.

Affleck, 41, played the title role in 2003′s Daredevil and portrayed George Reeves — the actor who played Superman on TV in the ’50s — in the 2006 made-in-Toronto movie Hollywoodland.

Christian Bale portrayed Batman/Bruce Wayne in the three most recent Batman movies. The character was previously portrayed on the big screen by George Clooney, Michael Keaton and Val Kilmer.

Man of Steel, released in July, has grossed $650 million worldwide.

You beat me to posting the news.

I thought that since Ben had said that he'd never do a Daredevil sequel, he'd never do another superhero movie again. I suppose that the appeal of playing Batman in a partnership with Superman had to have been the major attraction.

Affleck is a tool. He's been hanging off Matt Damon since Good Will Hunting. (one of my Top 10 movies of all time)

The official synopsis has been released and... it doesn't reveal anything different than what we've already known.

Fearing the actions of a god-like super hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before.

Oddly, seeing the newest trailer, I'm now looking forward to seeing this one. Unfortunately I think they are giving too much away plot-wise in the trailer. Batman is angry with Superman over the devastation of the Wayne building & the employees inside during the battle fought in Man of Steel, Batman & Superman fight while Lex Luthor schemes behind the scenes, Luthor uses the body of General Zod (main villain from Man of Steel who died at the end) to create Doomsday, Doomsday (classic Superman enemy) goes on a rampage, Wonder Woman shows up to help Batman & Superman fight their common enemy Doomsday. Peace, love & happiness blooms, Wonder Woman gets her own movie to be followed by Justice League with the now best-of-friends Superman & Batman.

OK, that last part isn't shown in the trailer but that is the current movie plan from DC. :P

It might take some more effort but I'm really starting to think that DC is finally getting their act together in slowly (darn slowly!) creating a unified movie verse & TV verse comparable to Marvel's verse. The big difference is that Marvel has unified their movie verse with their TV verse thanks to Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter being under the control of ABC which is under the Disney umbrella with Marvel while DC's TV verse is still acting mostly independent of their DC movie verse. This is due to DC's properties being pretty much split among several different rights holders while Marvel has been getting the rights to their characters all back under one house and can now co-ordinate story lines across movies & TV shows.

After finally seeing BvS I would agree that it wasn't a "great" movie but I also don't see why it is the subject of so much derision. Sure, there are a few plot points that may been not thought out too well but, on the whole I didn't think it was bad. 🤷 (We don't have a shrug smiley?)