Battle at Kruger

Those lions were all "All your baby are belong to us!", then the croc was all "Nuh-uh! Baby are belong to me!", then the lions were all "Pssh! baby ours!", then the croc, he was all "Aw... This baby yours, next baby mine!", then the buffalo were all like "Give us back our baby, you tiny -----es!", and the lions were all "Oh, my pride! Take baby, we no care. We'll find another baby, a better baby. And it'll be fat and tasty!", and the buffalo were just like "Yeah, whatever losers. Go on, get lost!" Aw yeah. :P

What's the odds that these things all happen during the same incident?

Reality is way cooler than fiction, that's for sure!

That ... might just be the most awesome thing I've ever seen.

I think the lesson here is: Don't mess with water buffalo. They've got reinforcements.

I saw that video, too, from reading a BBC article. To see the buffalo come back and save one of their own was awesome.

While I fear that it's a longshot for the calf to survive the wounds that it took (the lionesses gorged the neck and the croc looked to have tore off a section of hindquarter), that is still an incredible display of nature, and a once-in-a-lifetime video capture. The person who made that video is gonna be rich if they sell their footage to National Geographic or something like that. Or at least they'll get some major recognition from said organization.

Back