Battle: Los Angeles

Tom

An Old Friend
rod-pena-moynahan-battleLA-cast.jpg
The cast of Jonathan Liebesman's new sci-fi action film Battle: Los Angeles is finally starting to come together. It was already announced late last year that Aaron Eckhart would star as a Marine staff sergeant. THR announces today that Michelle Rodriguez, Michael Pena and Bridget Moynahan have also joined the cast. Battle: Los Angeles is about a Marine platoon that faces off against an alien invasion in Los Angeles. Its been described as a Black Hawk Down-like energetic action movie. Rodriguez will play Crpl. Adriana Santos, a member of a radio battalion; Moynahan will play a veterinarian. Shooting starts this fall.

Battle: Los Angeles is a movie I've been looking forward to quite a bit. Something about it just sounds like it'll be pretty frickin' awesome, and I've heard that there was a rewrite of Chris Bertolini's script (that was initially reviewed poorly online). This is an interesting casting announcement because I'd expect to hear more male names involved in this (as they've got to fill up an entire Marine platoon) but at the same time, both Rodriguez and Moynahan are great actresses and I'm happy to see them involved. Though I am a bit worried about what kind of alien invasion action story we'll see that involves a veterinarian? Stay tuned!

I finally got around to seeing this one. A bit predictable, and the ending I think came straight from Independence Day, but still provides enough action to keep your attention.

After watching it you can also see why Sony was not exactly happy with the CGI house making the movie Skyline. The two movies have interchangeable scenes and, with some slight story line twisting, it could even be edited to make it look like Battle: Los Angeles is the invasion story from the view of the military while Skyline is the invasion story from view of the civilians.

If you have Netflix or happen to catch this one on TV, then it'll make for a good way to kill some time but don't bother paying to rent it.

I was looking forward to this one.

Although the effects were good it was very much 'Alien Invasion plot number 1', disappointingly predictable. You've probably heard this before but I imediately thought "Blackhawk Down" with aliens.

The same good old single point of failure that has to be there so the Earthlings can win.

I was looking forward to this one.

Although the effects were good it was very much 'Alien Invasion plot number 1', disappointingly predictable. You've probably heard this before but I imediately thought "Blackhawk Down" with aliens.

The same good old single point of failure that has to be there so the Earthlings can win.
If you haven't already, try Skyline. Basically same premise but with a different ending.

Thanks for that Kevin. I have seen Skyline, much more realistic an ending given the unrealistic attack scenario.

I enjoyed the film but didn't 'rush out and buy the DVD', if you know what I mean.(y)