Animation Battlestar 2015 Viper Launch (Slow Ride version)

Randal R.

Thon'dar

Well. with the loss of many of the scenes and files and footage from
my Reboot of the The Arrival short and subsequent foray into the Mat's
and poly-selection tags..and reworking a lot of it again.
I redid just about everything, and still am..also working on the Hyades
again with new found Material resource...C4d itself..:D

This took a helluva time to render...but,,I had to do it.:D

I think its cool, though I do realize..you do not travel thru a Lighted Tunnel before flying into space
...you couldn't see a thing if you had.A pretty ship would not look like a race car....etc..etc..

but.I am learning..Pomp and Hype are Best Sellers...:D

Thank you for visiting my post.

Regards,
Randal R.

"...just sit back and enjoy the ride,"

I was going to link you to Scifi-Meshes but I see you are already there!
Finished Work
Good Job!

Thank you....Scifi meshes...one of the first sites I registered with when I began doing this stuff
appx. 6 yrs ago...and am still there..:D

Sad though..there is no Downloads on Scifi like there used to be...I had a Scorpia Shipyards Model
I DL'd from there...but..it musta got lost...and it was no longer on SciFI.Meshes..then all of it was gone.
I even had my Launchtube on there..which is an upgrade of a Sketchup model..and had seen someone else make it look better
in a video.

This stuff is just really time consuming for one person and satisfying the critics is near impossible.
But I like it,, I like making them, I like trying things, I like figuring it out.
Far as I know..Foundation3d and Scifi 3d are the only place left that has a lot of SciFi models
and popular models.

I do not frequent F3d much, as I have felt unwelcome a few times..
and bashed by one of their Expert Patrons..:D

Be nice to have a repository of a lot of these meshes,,old and new.that have been offered or shared
for others to play and tinker with.

I have not got into Modeling really..but when I first opened C4d..with not a clue what was what..
began to model a Viper..was not bad for a 1st try.

Just some Background info..... Sorry to make a long reply...but 8 hours of rendering and only 100 frames done..
got to fill in the time somehow. :D
Best and Regards,

Randal R.

I don't know the file types of Mesh files but I did a quick search

MeshLab
MeshLab is at Sourceforge and may have something to interest you, you will need to look.

-Mesh

Okay, .obj is a file type?

Mesh Conversion
OpenFoam is mesh-Conversion?

City 3D Models - Free 3D City download
3DM, 3DS, BLEND, C4D, DAE, DDS, FBX, MAX, MB, MESH, MTL, OBJ, STL, or TGA format
City files

Sci-Fi - Meshes 3D Models | 3D CAD Browser
People > Sci-Fi > Meshes 3D Models
There are different sort fields

Space1999.org - Homage to the "Space: 1999" science fiction series - Free, downloadable 3D CGI models & meshes
Space 1999 mesh gallery

sci fi dropships 3d model
TurboSquid is not free but it may give you some ideas or some demos to play with

Search results for 'scifi' | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D
Daz3d is a modeling program that gives you a starter program and files for free then you download additional models. I have a large example of the models in the gallery here
main_63_45.jpg

3D Sci Fi Models - Download 3D Sci-Fi Models FREE
3D Sci Fi Models - Download FREE Science Fiction Space Ship, Robot, Sci-Fi Architecture, interior Scenes

SolCommand
200+ free scifi 3D models for download.

Free 3D sci-fi models
To download the Spacejetters sci-fi model collection which includes all of the models below plus many more then click here.
You can also download some of the Bryce hull materials to use in Bryce 5 (currently free to download from download.com)

Meshfactory - Cinema-quality 3D models in MAX, 3DS, OBJ and Lightwave formats.
www.meshfactory.com

Star Trek Meshes - High quality Star Trek meshes and objects for lightwave and 3D Studio. All free for download. Enterprise, Voyager, DS9, Borg..
www.trekmeshes.ch

2001: A Space Odyssey 3D Models - A superb range of models based on the spaceships that appeared in the Stanley Kubrick film 2001:A Space Odyssey.
www.2001-3d-archive.info

Babylon 5 3D models - A comprehensive index of free Babylon 5 3D models.
www.ultradrive.com/b5_3d_index.htm

Artist 3D - Completely free 3D max models downloads: totaly free 3ds models, 3d art modeling, absolutely free max 3d human models downloads. Digital pictures 3d artists & graphic design software 3ds max studio.
artist-3d.com

123d.com - 3D models assets & news at the 1 2 3D Model Resource Databank - 3D art galleries, 3D tutorials, 3D art features, including Free 3D model downloads.
www.the123d.com

SCIFI-3D
Free Models

The Celestia Motherlode: Home
The Celestia Motherlode is a repository for various addons like textures, models or celestial objects for Celestia. Celestia is a free, interactive (real-time), 3D astronomy program. It doesn't just show you the sky as it can be seen from earth as most planetarium software does, but allows you to move to and view the universe from any point between the planets and the stars. The Celestia Motherlode hosts over 10 GB of Celestia addons by various creators, which extend or change the way Celestia renders the universe.
All Free as far as I know

http://en.spaceengine.org/load/
I don't know if they have models or not

Orbiter 2016 Space Flight Simulator
I don't know if Orbiter has models or not

Kerbal Space Program – Create and Manage Your Own Space Program
Main Page
http://www.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal
Mods Page
Kerbal Space Program
This one simulates a fictional universe, but it's widely hailed as a great educational game about astrophysics.

Construct viable spacecraft that can overcome the effects of gravity and fuel consumption to get your little Kerbals into orbit. Sound easy? It's not.

The position, size and quantity of components you add to your ship will determine whether it reaches the stratosphere or explodes on the scaffold. Timed rocket booster sequences and jettisoning depleted fuel cells are critical to success. Oh, and you'll need to install a parachute to the capsule if you want your Kerbals to survive re-entry.

Well, I hope I listed at least one thing you find interesting

Excellent Reply there Tom..thank you.

I feel like you just showed me Santa's warehouse and gave me a key.
some of them I have been too I noticed...I still got a few models from Solcommand..:D

Kudos man.
Regards,
Randal R.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom
Back