BBL Finals 2021 - T20 cricket Oz style

Jethro

Captain
In my never ceasing struggle to bring cricket to Johnny Foreigner I submit T20 highlights.

As the name might suggest, cricket in a very short 20 overs per team format. One innings, highest score takes the game. My team, the Brisbane Heat, won their last two games to make the finals in fourth spot and first up had the Adelaide Strikers at home in an elimination final.

Get ready for some big hits, stunning catches, dropped catches and a great result. Was really not happy with opener Max Bryant being dropped to the seat for this game.

Any questions about the rules post on up.

If you get the chance probably the best T20 tournament in the World is the Indian IPL.

Tonight we have the Sydney Sixers vs the Scorchers, winner straight through to the grand final, loser get a second chance.

Tomorrow the Heat need to improve down south against the Sydney Thunder.

Best game of the finals series thus far as the Thunder and Heat take it to the last over.

News to date, the Sixers down the Scorchers to make the Grand Final. Thursday's game to decide who will face the Sixers in the Grand Final has been moved from WA to Canberra due to WA going into five day lockdown.

So Scorchers vs Heat on Thursday

Scorchers vs Heat for a place in the Grand Final, and it wasn't a good night for Heat fans.

Surprisingly not too disappointed, the Heat went deeper in the season than I expected - we didn't look like making the finals at one stage, still a strike bowler off a decent attack imho.

Anyone wondering about DLW, it's a system to recalculate runs in the second innings if the game is rain affected, unfortunately is pretty universally viewed as favouring the team batting first, not that it would have made any change to this game.

So Sunday's final sees the Sydney 6ixers v the Perth Scorchers playing for the title.

Back