Animation Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!

screenersam

This is news, Vincenzo, NEWS!
Title: Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!

Genre: Comedy, Animation, Mystery

First aired: 2015-10-05

Cast: Matthew Lillard, Grey DeLisle, Kate Micucci, Frank Welker

Overview: The gang decide to go traveling in the Mystery Machine, seeking fun and adventure during what could possibly be their last summer break together. However, havoc-wreaking monsters seem to be drawn to them, appearing almost every stop of the way.
Be Cool, Scooby-Doo!

the most recent Scooby Doo cartoon titled 'Be Cool Scooby Doo'. animation is a bit low-tech. usual formula of masked miscreants busted by the meddling kids.
much lighter in tone than the superb 'Mystery Incorporated'. lots of witty humor if you listen closely. the more I watch the more I like. currently playing on Boomerang. Season One dvd available on Amazon. I think Season Two is available to watch online.
running joke is Daphne trying different activities (puppets, mimery, falconry)

daphne mime.jpg

the many faces of Daphne; mime, with beard disguise, diver, falconer, goth, puppeteer, slumber party animal, ancient Grecian, stand-up comic, crystal seer.
I'm probably reading to much into but it seems the original series was about Scooby and Shaggy; Mystery Incorporated more about Fred and Velma; and this one about Daphne. many episodes there is a minor tiff and Daphne brings everyone together.

Attachments

• daphne mime.jpg
    daphne mime.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 1,161
That animation style is definitely new for the Scooby franchise, now you've got me curious.

Checking around it looks like it's not on Netflix and Amazon requires an add-on subscription for Boomerang while on FiOS in this region it's on Boomerang but... for this region only the SD channel is being carried, not the HD version. :facepalm:

That's the second channel is as many days that I'd like to watch but FiOS doesn't offer the HD version of the channel; the other channel is Comet TV but at least I can stream that on my laptop.

not to drift topics but right now the entertainment industry is in flux. lots of options, lots of stuff falling through the cracks. I suspect in 3-5 years the market/technology will settle and we'll be back to about four-five sources (cable, dish, directTV, netflix, Amazon, for instance)
Be Cool Scooby Doo season 1 is available on dvd @ Amazon