Beginning To Breathe Again

Sabella

Cadet
Title: Beginning to Breathe Again
Author: Moi (Sabella)
Ship: Syd/Vaughn
Summary: Takes place in Season 3 - Unveiled, in the club.
Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters, JJ does and I wouldn't have it any other way cos he knows what he's doing with them better than I do
A/N: Ok so this is a one parter written for the death fic contest, I hope everyone enjoys, I hope people like it, I've never taken part in a contest thing before *crosses fingers* xxx

Beginning to Breathe Again

Blood trickled down his neck, like a river that had been flood, he gasped for air desperately. He clutched his neck and then saw his hand, stained with his own blood, he knew he would be dead soon and there was nothing he could do to stop it, the only thing he could do now was to stop the suffering of more people, so he handed over his PDA.
Sydney looked down at Cypher, she saw that he had been shot in the neck, she gasped, what would they do now. Vaughn glanced up at her; he didn’t need words to express his worry. Sydney looked back down into his eyes.
“I’m going after the shooter” She told him firmly, retrieving her gun from the back pocket of her dark leather coat.
“Be careful” Vaughn called after her but Sydney didn’t hear his words, they meant nothing to her anymore, after all he had gone back to her again, what did his words mean?

Sydney followed the shooter through the club, she was strangely recognisable. Sydney’s mind ran through the last couple of days, she couldn’t believe that he had pushed her under again, it was a cruel joke, to pull her out of the darkened water so she could breathe again only to plunge her under again. The thing she didn’t understand was that she knew he loved her and not Lauren but why did he feel inclined to betray both of their hearts because of loyalty to someone he didn’t feel anything for anymore, or at least she hoped so. Suddenly the shooter turn to face Sydney, she was about a metre or two off. She had a dark wig on, just like all the other employees of the club. Sydney immediately recognised her, it was Lauren. Sydney knew it, she had known it all along, it was obvious, she had obviously had brainwashed Vaughn into staying with her, into marrying her, into believing that there was no hope for Sydney to be alive. The anger built up inside of her, blood pumped fast in her veins, she didn’t care anymore, she would do anything to remove her from their lives, she had destroyed everything and now was Sydney chance to make her disappear. Lauren had stood there for a moment; Sydney raised her gun eagerly and aimed. She quickly and with almost pleasure pulled the trigger. She watched her bullet enter Lauren, she saw the pain on Lauren’s face, the same pain that Sydney felt when she discovered Vaughn had moved on and gotten married after only two years of her supposed death, it was the pain of being shot in the back. Lauren turned again to face Sydney and grinned, almost as if she was enjoying the anguish on Sydney’s face as she decided whether to shoot her again. Lauren began to raise her gun again but Sydney was far too quick and shot her again, shot her in the heart. Sydney knew she was enjoying this far too much but she deserved this, she deserved to feel what Lauren had made her feel once. Lauren dropped her weapon and feel to the floor. Sydney saw her fall and walked further towards her. She had every right to shoot her hundred times over but she didn’t, she could feel a force pulling her back to her senses, it was Vaughn, it was his soul. She could feel him behind her. Lauren squirmed, changing her glance to something that was behind Sydney. Sydney turned around, her finger still tightly locked on the trigger. What Sydney saw next shook her to her core. It was in fact Vaughn; he stood there silently, watching Lauren die. He could see her existence drifting away. He moved along side Sydney and bent down to Lauren. Then he just sat, waiting and watching her go, her life fading. He said nothing, muttered nothing, just stared deeply into those eyes that he had known for the last two years, watching them dull. Sydney saw Lauren squirming under Vaughn’s eyes; she could see Lauren found it torturous. She closed her eyes in desperation, wishing that she would die soon. There was nothing worse than having the person you betrayed and used looking into your eyes as you died.

Sydney and Vaughn didn’t notice the people standing around them and Lauren, watching all this occur. Vaughn saw Lauren’s arm fall from her chest to the floor, it was over, she was dead. He thought it ironic that it was her that had excused him of not knowing what betrayal was like, when she had betrayed him for those two years. One sentence she had said only that morning kept ringing in his mind, “You have no idea what it's like to think you know someone, to love them, and then figure out it was nothing but lies”, He knew, he knew it now, but he hadn’t loved her, not properly, he was betrayed but his heart wasn’t betrayed by her, his grief, his work, everything else had been, but not his heart, only he had done that. He suddenly felt something, it was something pulling him back from his desperation, from his betrayal, from the darkness and anger … it was Sydney; her soul was calling him to come back to her. He turned his head up to face her; she was beautiful even if she was dressed up as a Goth. She was his angel, his anchor, he didn’t know how he had survived so long without her, but he knew really that he had always had her, maybe not physically but emotionally they had always loved each other. She smiled at him and he smiled back. He let her repair his anger with her love. She outstretched an arm to him and he took it, standing up. He lent towards her, but she put up her hands stopping her.
“We have to get out of here now Vaughn” She told him, “But there will be time later”
He grinned at her, like a little school boy with his first crush. She nodded and smiled before they ran out of the club, to report what had happened to the CIA and move on with their lives together. They left Lauren and her betrayal behind, beginning to breathe again.

So I just started to breathe again at the end of the fic, I hold my breath through most of the death fic challenge entries unless it's obvious who is going to die in the beginning. You psyched me right out there.

This is really well written. It was like subtle angst. I really liked it. It was an intense story.
“Be careful” Vaughn called after her but Sydney didn’t hear his words, they meant nothing to her anymore, after all he had gone back to her again, what did his words mean?

Oooh, that was definitely one of my favourite lines. It's like a little epiphany for him. He should have went back to Sydney.

He grinned at her, like a little school boy with his first crush. She nodded and smiled before they ran out of the club, to report what had happened to the CIA and move on with their lives together. They left Lauren and her betrayal behind, beginning to breathe again.

Got to love when it all comes together. Great ending.

Very good stuff.

Erica

That was...amazing.
It was really well written.
It was really in depth when Lauren was actually dying.
I really enjoyed reading it. Well maybe enjoyed isn't the rigth word, but I hope you get what I mean.
It was very good!

That was...amazing.
It was really well written.
It was really in depth when Lauren was actually dying.
I really enjoyed reading it. Well maybe enjoyed isn't the rigth word, but I hope you get what I mean.
It was very good!

Thanks :blush: Aaww I feel blessed by amazing reviewers! Yay! :angelic:

Sabella said:
Then he just sat, waiting and watching her go, her life fading. He said nothing, muttered nothing, just stared deeply into those eyes that he had known for the last two years, watching them dull. Sydney saw Lauren squirming under Vaughn’s eyes; she could see Lauren found it torturous. She closed her eyes in desperation, wishing that she would die soon. There was nothing worse than having the person you betrayed and used looking into your eyes as you died.
[post="1406417"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Nice Lines, really powerful and descriptive! ;)

And lovely ending, really good Bella!

And like Erica, it was awesome how you didn't give away who was going die...Brilliant work Sab!!! :D :D :D

Jai :rain:

Thanks Jai :hug: I'm glad you guys liked it, I can't wait to hear more reviews! And to read other entries, I can see this being a really good contest! :D

Cai promises to read tonight, because her mind is feeling too cwazy right now :P

*bookmarks*

:shock:

Oh my bejeebus!

Welps... Cai is back and her brain has restored its normalness! I was too crazy last night to read... I just couldn't sit still :P

Anyways, back to the point! REVIEWING! :woot:

That was soooo well written Bella! I absolutely loved it! *stares in awe* I love the descriptiveness, and the words you chose to use, and the best part of it all... LAUREN DYING!

*points and laughs*

:laughbounce:

Okay maybe that's a bit evil... But can you really blame me? :angelic:

And the last line... I absolutely, positively, LOVED the last line... Duuuuude :D

Anyways, awesome fic Bel!

Cai
x

Oh my bejeebus!

Welps... Cai is back and her brain has restored its normalness! I was too crazy last night to read... I just couldn't sit still

Anyways, back to the point! REVIEWING!

That was soooo well written Bella! I absolutely loved it! *stares in awe* I love the descriptiveness, and the words you chose to use, and the best part of it all... LAUREN DYING!

*points and laughs*

Okay maybe that's a bit evil... But can you really blame me?

And the last line... I absolutely, positively, LOVED the last line... Duuuuude

Anyways, awesome fic Bel!

Thanks Cai, I'm glad you liked it, I just hoped more people would review, it makes me kinda sad that nobody else likes it! :cry:

I liked it too, very very much (y)

poor Sydney but she knows that Vaughn loves her although he's stupid for not breaking up with Lauren the minute Sydney came back

Sydney’s mind ran through the last couple of days, she couldn’t believe that he had pushed her under again, it was a cruel joke, to pull her out of the darkened water so she could breathe again only to plunge her under again.
this is so well written, it really describes how sydney must have felt

She watched her bullet enter Lauren,
this is exactly how the episode should have happened

they're leaving together :D now they can be happy again and Lauren's dead :trampoline:
and the last sentence is really great

I totally loved it, it's really great

At first I thought you killed Vaughn. I hate it when he gets killed. Any how I read on, and you really had Syd's anger at him pegged I think. Stupid man went back to the COW and then you up and killed Lauren! I really, really, really am happy that you killed Lauren and let Syd and Vaughn live. Thank you.
Thanks for the PM

That was awesome!
Granted lauren could die in a million different senarios and I would be cool with all of them.
That does not take away from the fact that this was well written and obviously well thought out.
I very much enjoyed it.

wow that was really amazing.
it was Sydney; her soul was calling him to come back to her. He turned his head up to face her; she was beautiful even if she was dressed up as a Goth. She was his angel, his anchor, he didn’t know how he had survived so long without her, but he knew really that he had always had her, maybe not physically but emotionally they had always loved each other. She smiled at him and he smiled back. He let her repair his anger with her love. She outstretched an arm to him and he took it, standing up. He lent towards her, but she put up her hands stopping her.
i like that part the most because i really felt like i could see it
and wouldn't it have been nice if that happened on the show? lol
thanks for the pm!

This is my favorite Death Fic! You are the only one that I have read so far, that has killed Lauren. Everyone else has killed Syd, or Vaughn. I don't like it that way, your way is much better!

You have no idea what it's like to think you know someone, to love them, and then figure out it was nothing but lies.
Was this from the show? It sounds so familiar... I am trying to remember who said it and about what. I think it was Syd, but I just can't recall what she is referring to! Can you please PM me and let me know! Thanks!

Great job!

Megan

Back