"Behind Blue Eyes"

KateJones47

I need sleep
Okay, am I the only one who thinks of Sark as soon as I hear this song? The beginning especially reminds me of him - and I don't even particularly like him!

"Behind Blue Eyes" by Limp Bizkit

No one knows what it's like
To be the bad man
To be the sad man
Behind blue eyes
And no one knows
What it's like to be hated
To be fated to telling only lies

[chorus]
But my dreams they aren't as empty
As my conscience seems to be
I have hours, only lonely
My love is vengeance
That's never free
No one knows what its like
To feel these feelings
Like i do, and i blame you!
No one bites back as hard
On their anger
None of my pain woe
Can show through

[chorus]
Discover l.i.m.p. say it [x4]
To be mistreated, to be defeated
Behind blue eyes
No one knows how to say
That they're sorry and don't worry
I'm not telling lies

[chorus]
To be the bad man, to be the sad man
Behind blue eyes.

I love it too! It's really weird becuase lately, everytime I turn on my radio, I'll think to myself "I hope they play 'Behind Blue Eyes' " and then it comes on right away! Freaky! :lol:

I love the song, and although I'm a true fan of the orginal, I like the remake because honestly, it stays true to the way The Who did it (minus the bridge). I don't know, I'm not one for remakes, but this one is actually very good. I find myself turning it up!
And I never really thought of Sark, until now! Lol; now when I hear the song he's so gonna cross my mind! :P
Not that it's a bad thing... ;)

:cool:

Sadly, we don't know enough about him to imagine that he feels particularly sad or tormented. Perhaps I can agree later when we know more.
:confused:

And what do you mean, Limp Bizkit's song?!!!! It's The Who's song!!! It's only been around, like, forever and a day!!! Pull out the original; it's better.
:lol:

verdantheart said:
And what do you mean, Limp Bizkit's song?!!!! It's The Who's song!!!
I thought it was too mellow to be be a Limp Bizkit song.

Actually this song reminded me more of Jack.

...but then I'll freely admit a slight obssession with the man.

Frogboy_Lives said:
Actually this song reminded me more of Jack.
But . . . no blue eyes . . . (and . . . mellow? Then LB aren't singing it right . . .)
:P

verdantheart said:
But . . . no blue eyes . . .
I misheard the lyrics the first time I heard the song okay? I thought it was "Behind the lies", beside who takes lyrics literally. :smiley:

(and . . . mellow? Then LB aren't singing it right . . .)

When compared to the rest of Limp Bizkit's catalogue that is, nice melody, no overpowering use of drums, no instances of a certain Anglo-Saxon obscenity.

I've had that thought in my brain for years... Big thanks go out to the Who for creating it and Limp Biscuit for remaking it and bringing it to the masses... but I'll always love the Who's version better... ^_^ )

Frogboy_Lives said:
When compared to the rest of Limp Bizkit's catalogue that is, nice melody, no overpowering use of drums, no instances of a certain Anglo-Saxon obscenity.
Oh! You mean "mellow" as in "musical"! :lol: I see . . . [If you really want "mellow," you need to listen to Anthony Steward Head's "unplugged" performance on Buffy the Vampire Slayer.]

kidblink83 said:
bringing it to the masses...
. . . and again I have to laugh! :lol: The Who brought it to larger masses than Limp Bizkit ever will with their revival! They just did it 35 years ago, so you don't remember it. It was a huge hit (unlike the minor hit this cover is), followed by years and years and years and years of replay on the radio that I hardly foresee for this cover. Furthermore, The Who are most certainly a much more important and influential group from a historical perspective at this point. How about "bringing it to a younger generation," instead?

Not to beat this dead horse too badly, but I find all this hoo-hah over a passible cover and the lopsided emphasis given Limp Bizkit over a group like The Who rather amusing . . .
:P

verdantheart said:
And what do you mean, Limp Bizkit's song?!!!! It's The Who's song!!! It's only been around, like, forever and a day!!! Pull out the original; it's better.
:lol:
(y)

Without that weird little interlude... L...I...M...P... say it... discover

or something like that :o_O:

I've never heard the Limp Bizkit version. The Who's original one is wonderful enough ....

Behind Blues Eyes is a great song ....

I haven't pictured that song describing Sark ever before. Yes, I think it could describe Jack.

Back