Behind the Scenes Info

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live outside LA and my family has been involved in the entertainment industry for a very long time. I myself have been working in the industry for the past few years. Through my family's connections, I am lucky enough to know people in almost every aspect of the business so I thought I'd share some of the things I know. First and foremost, I am an Alias fan...that's why I'm posting here. WHat is say below is not to be construed as being judgemental, I am just stating the facts plain and simple. I've also given my opinions about some things as well so they are not to be confused with the facts I am sharing.

Things on the Alias set are certainly not what they used to be. WHile everyone is very professional, things are very tense. Jennifer and Michael are never together in the same area on set at the same time unless they are filming or working on a scene. I've been on set and it's almost comical at how they go out of their way to avoid each other. I also have friends who work at ABC and on the Alias set and I'm told this how things are almost every day. It isn't easy for the other actors either;things on the set are very uncomfortable - I've seen this first hand. Both Jennifer and Michael are very well liked by their coworkers and it is very difficult for them to be in the midst of what's going on.

I'm very curious to see how the whole situation is going to be handled once Jennifer starts doing press for Elektra and ALias. Questions are bound to come up about her relationship with Ben and what it's like working with her ex-boyfriend(Michael)? Personally, I think Jennifer has been ill-advised by her people so far on handling the situation. Her publicist should have admitted in July that she was seeing Ben. I know Jennifer likes to keep her relationship(s) private but the whole denial/no comment thing doesn't hold much water when everyone around knows what's going on. As a professional in the industry, I can tell you, it just looks down-right silly, when reps refuse to comment and then you see their client at a very public event with their significant other (like a Red Sox game).

Sorry for the long email - I've been interested in the entertainment/media industry for so long I'm very passionate about it and tend to get carried away.

Posted edited to remove unallowed references to the actors' personal lives. See my post below for more info.

Well, I don't think it's bad publicity. Seriously, I think this is just being sesationalized, and I don't think people really look at this in a negative light.

My question to you though, and please don't take it personally, but how do we know that this is real? That you've been on the set, and Jennifer and Michael are completely avoiding each other? If this is true, I think I read somewhere else that it was, then it's not really good news. From the moment they got together, I knew that they were bound to break-up, and that this would affect the show.

How did you go on the set though? Can you please tell us who you're related to, or who you work for or something?

oh Christ! that is my fear exactly... :thinking: ..i'm afraid of that kind of publicity for jen...

..thanks for that info. (y)

How they act on set...avoiding each other or whatever shouldn't really matter as long as they can still perform well in their scenes together.

I am sure things are a little awkward for everyone on set, but from what I hear it is not any worse than other Hollywood sets. The final product is what matters.

Welcome to AllAlias, where gossip (and that's what something is, if it's not official info) and very annoying moral judging of Jen/Ben/Michael is NOT allowed.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back