Behold My Heart

hey everyone :D
This is my new story called BEHOLD MY HEART and it will be updated every Tuesday so just as all the other times before, I'm not sending out pm's.
I hope you'll like it :smiley:

Summary: Famous actress Sydney Bristow has everything she ever wanted, except for love. Will a wedding of someone very close to her finally bring the love she had always hoped for?

Setting:
AU

Chapter 1 (below) Chapter 2 Chapter 3+4 Chapter 5 Chapter 6 Chapter 7 Chapter 8+9 Chapter 10 Chapter 11 Chapter 12+13 Chapter 14 Chapter 15 Chapter 16 Chapter 17 chapter 18 Chapter 19+20

Chapter 1

It was a beautiful Sunday morning when Michael Vaughn arrived at the local skating rink near his beach house in Los Angeles.
As soon as he got onto the ice, he felt the pressure and build up tense from the past week, fall of his shoulders as he swiftly skated over the ice.

Being thirty and having a well paid job as an architect, he was quite happy with his life but of course there were a few little things that went wrong, just like in anyone else’s life.

For example, he had been in a very good relationship with someone for a little over a year and he was actually thinking about moving a step further with their relationship but when he caught her with someone else, in his own bed nonetheless, he quickly changed his plans and after what seemed years of getting over the pain in his heart, he was finally getting the feeling again that he could move on and that he was free again to do whatever he wanted to do in his life.

It wasn’t as if he had already started dating again, I mean it had only been three months after his break up with Tyra but he started to enjoy being single again and in time, he knew that he would get to know someone else again.
Well, at least that’s what he was hoping on.
For the moment, he wasn’t intensely looking for someone and as he had said a dozen times before to his best friend Eric Weiss, who also happened to be a colleague of him, he was ready to just go with the flow.
And for the time being, that suited him very well.

He had already been skating on for about a half an hour when he suddenly heard his name being called and as he looked into the direction of the voice, he saw it was Eric.
Skating over to the side, he was soon able to greet his best friend.

“Hey.”
“Hey Weiss. What are you doing here?”
“Well I just wanted to see how my best friend was doing and inform him that I might have asked Nadia to marry me.”
“You what? Wow, slow down. You might have asked?”
“Yeah.”
“Did you or didn’t you ask her? Come on Weiss, she’s been your girlfriend for what, six months now?”
“Exactly and yes, I did ask her.”
“Wow, don’t you think it’s soon?”
“I know it’s fast into our relationship but we both feel happy and she wants this too. She said yes so she must mean it.”
“Well, then I guess congratulations are in order.”
“Thanks.”
“Wow, you’re really getting married. I can’t believe it.”
“I know, it’s different huh?”
“Yeah it is. So do her parents know already?”
“And that’s what you shouldn’t have asked.”
“Why not?”
“Because...well, I haven’t exactly met her parents a lot yet.”
“What do you mean by not a lot?”
“I might have only seen them like twice before.”
“You have got to be kidding me.”
“Nope.”
“Eric! Seriously, how do you do it?”
“I just…well Nadia and I were kind of drunk when her parents found out about me in her apartment and we weren’t exactly in a nice position.”
“Now I see why they’re not very fond of you. Jeez man, you should watch it.”
“Tell me about it.”
“Anyway, so when are you going to tell them?”
“Well Nadia said she was going to call her parents while I was away and tell them she’s bringing me over for diner tomorrow night and she said something about calling her sister.”
“She has a sister?”
“Yeah.”
“Have you seen her before?”
“Nope, and apparently she doesn’t want to have her picture shown in the house because I’ve never even seen a picture of her. It’s strange but Nadia said that she’s shy.”
“Oh well good luck man.”
“Thanks. So do you want to go and have a drink at the hockey bar?”
“Sure. I’ll be right up.”
“I’ll see you there.”

And as soon as Michael had changed into his normal clothes and shoes, he walked up the stairs that led to the cafeteria.
It only took him a few seconds to spot Eric and when he walked over to him, he saw his best friend gaping at the television screen that was hanging from the ceiling above the counter.

“Weiss!”
“Hm, what?”
“You’re drooling.”
“No, I’m not.”
“Yes you were.”
“Okay fine I was but she’s hot.”
“Who?”
“Don’t you recognize her?”

And that’s when Michael looked up at the screen and saw the most beautiful woman with the most beautiful hazel brown eyes he had ever seen.
At the bottom of the screen there was indicated that they were interviewing her about her latest movie.

“Yeah, it’s Sydney Bristow, why?”
“Why? Do you even dare to ask such a question? Dude, she’s hot. I wouldn’t mind waking up next to her.”
“How can you say that when you just got yourself engaged? She’s just a woman.”
“She’s just a woman? Mike, she’s gorgeous and rich.”
“Is that really all you care about?”
“Well it’s a nice bonus.”
“Eric, the fact that she is an actress doesn’t mean that that’s the only thing that counts.”
“Whatever, don’t tell me you don’t think she’s gorgeous.”
“I’m not because she is but I don’t see her like an actress. It doesn’t affect me.”
“You’re weird.”
“No I’m not, I just think there is more to a woman then just the outside.”
“Fine. Come on let’s have a drink.”
“Okay.”

And with that both ordered their drinks and soon enough, the Sydney Bristow topic was dropped and they started chatting again about sports.

that was a great start sweetie! :D
i have a feeling that eric is in for a shock when he goes to dinner, as i have a feeling he may be meeting sydney there!?
loved it :P thanks for the PM, cant wait for more!

Awesome start Sweetie!
I cant wait for him to meet her. . .Thats gonna be so fun. :D

thanks for the PM!

Awesome start Sweetie!
I cant wait for him to meet her. . .Thats gonna be so fun. :D

thanks for the PM!

awww i iddnt even know u were posting
omg this is so good
weiss was drooling lmao
hes gonna get the biggest shock later on
omg
so good i so cant wait 7 whole days

Eric is about to find out that Nadia has a sister...a sister named Sydney. I just hope he doesn't ruin his engagement by having Nadia seeing him drool over the dining room table while watching Sydney eat.

Chris

Love this one too!!!!!!!!

You have good ideas coming up there and I can't wait for more already

Also how come Sydney is supposedly shy and an actress at the same time??? :angelic:

Chapter 2

After an hour of just randomly talking about sports and anything related to it, the two men finally got up from their seat at the hockey bar and after saying goodbye, they both went home.

The entire way home, Michael couldn’t help himself from thinking about his best friend and his girlfriend Nadia, who now turned out to be his fiancée, and the fact that they had everything they wanted.

Of course, Nadia’s parents weren’t to fond of Eric at the moment because of what they had walked in on at a certain time but he knew that they would eventually turn their dislike into liking him because there was just something about Eric that made you want to love him and even though his remarks are somehow sometimes misplaced and out of character, he was still funny in his own way and you could always count on him when you are in need of a good friend.

So Michael knew that eventually everything would turn out okay for his best friend.
He only hoped that one day, he himself would find the lucky charm he had been dreaming of for such a long time now.

When Eric Weiss came home, he was soon greeted by a very nervous Nadia who seemed to be on the verge of breaking down completely any time soon.
“Are you okay?”
“Yeah, I mean, well I could have been better but I guess we’ll see how it all goes tomorrow.”
“Yeah and I’m really looking forward to it. So what did they say?”
“They were a bit hesitant but mom said she was going to do her best to make something nice and she was going to try and prepare my father.”
“And what about your sister?”
“I wasn’t able to contact her so I asked my mom to call her later on today and explain her why she has to come too.”
“So what exactly did you mean by your mother trying to prepare Jack.”
“Let’s just say that she’s going to try and make him behold his temper instead of losing it completely when he hears something he doesn’t want to hear.”
“This is going to be such a nightmare.”
“I know, I know and just in case you don’t make it out alive, I really love you.”
“That’s reassuring.”
“Just be yourself and you’ll be fine.”
“I hope so.” And so did she because she knew her father’s temper and no one wanted to mess with him.

On the other side of town, Sydney Bristow had just gotten home from her busy workday at the set of her new movie when she saw that her answering machine was blinking red, indicating she had a new message.

Putting away her coat and purse, she finally walked over to the machine and listened to the message which apparently came from her mom.

“Hey sweetie, Nadia tried to call you but you didn’t answer so she asked me to call you again but apparently you’re not home yet. Please call me when you do get home because there’s something important I have to ask you. Love you sweetie.”

And then another stupid beep announced the end of the message.
Knowing that Laura Bristow only left a message when something really needed to be said, Sydney decided to call her back right that instant.

After dialling the number of her parent’s house, it didn’t take long before she got someone on the other end of the phone.
“Hello?”
“Hey daddy, it’s me, Syd.”
“Oh hello darling, how are you?”
“I’m good, how are things there?”
“Busy and hectic but I’m sure your mom will tell you all about that.”
“Yeah she left a message asking me to return her call as soon as possible. Do you know what’s going on?”
“I do and frankly it’s something I’m leaving up to your mother because I don’t want to talk about it.”
“Okay…can you pass mom for a second then?”
“Sure, take care sweetie.”
“You too dad.”
And only a few seconds later she heard her mother’s voice on the other end of the line.

“Hey sweetie.”
“Hey mom.”
“How are you?”
“I’m okay. So what’s the big news which dad seemed pretty annoyed by .”
“It’s your sister.”
“What’s wrong with Nadia?”
“Nothing but she is coming over to dinner tomorrow evening and she’s bringing her boyfriend with her.”
“I see and what does that have to do with me?”
“She needs you there too.”
“But I have work.”
“We know but she wouldn’t be asking you if it wasn’t important so please come darling.”
“You know I’m not very fond of meeting people for the first time.”
“I know sweetie but please, do this for your sister.”
“Fine but I won’t be on time because we’re shooting the movie on the whole other side of town.”
“That’s okay, as long as you can come it’s fine.”
“I guess I’ll you tomorrow then.”
“We will. Take care darling.”
“You too.”

And as soon as they had hung up, Sydney couldn’t help but feel nervous about the event that was awaiting her the next day.

oh oh oh
this is so good
omg

grr why are ur fics so addictive

so how do vaughn and syd meet
(what ... im impatient)

I'm feeling very sorry for Eric right now. He's going to be going to the Dinner From Hell. Hope he comes out alive. :D

Chris

Back