Behold My Heart

This is great! I love AU fics like this...already I'm intrigued! Eric is going to drop dead when he sees Syd is Nadia's sister!!!

More soon!

-Liz

Chapter 3

Ever since Eric Weiss had gotten up that morning, he had had a very awful feeling in his stomach because he knew that that evening, he and Nadia were supposed to announce their engagement to her parents and not only to them but also to her sister who apparently Nadia had never mentioned and who he thus didn’t know at all.

To top the entire thing off, he wasn’t exactly liked by neither Laura nor Jack Bristow so he knew that the entire evening was heading for a disaster as big as the Titanic.

His nervous behaviour of course didn’t go by unnoticed by Nadia and as much as she had wanted to reassure him that everything was going to be just fine, even she did no longer believe in that and the only thing she could do was be nervous with him.

This of course made it unnecessary to say that by the time they actually did arrive at her parents’ house, they were both far beyond being a nerve wreck.

They only had to ring the doorbell once before they were greeted by Laura Bristow.
“Hi, darling. Eric. Come on in.”
“Thanks.”
“Why don’t you go and sit down in the living room? Dinner will be ready in twenty minutes.”
“Do you need some help?”
“No, I’m fine. You two can make yourselves comfortable and I’m sure your dad will be happy to entertain you.”
“Great.”
“Oh and sweetie?”
“Yeah?”
“Your sister said she was going to be a bit late because she had to work at the whole other end of time.”
“That’s okay, at least she is coming.”
“You’re right.”

For the remaining twenty minutes to dinner, Jack Bristow didn’t take a step back and questioned Eric about all kinds of things and in normal situations, Laura would have tempered him a bit but not this time because frankly, she didn’t know the guy that was dating her daughter either.

While Jack kept on asking everything he needed to know, both Eric and Nadia seemed to get more and more nervous and more embarrassed so by the time that the doorbell once again rang and announced the arrival of Nadia’s sister, both were very happy to finally have a distraction for the ‘no mercy rule’ that Jack Bristow had seemed to invented overnight.

“I’ll get it.”
And only a few seconds later, Sydney Bristow walked into the living room and while all family members seemed to be very happy she had come, Eric Weiss had to take in the what seemed to be the biggest shock of his life because the superstar woman he had been drooling over just the other day and who his friend had described as just a normal woman, had just walked into his life and seemed to be his soon sister-in-law.

“Syd, I’m so glad you could make it.”
“Hey Nadia, me too. How are you?”
“Let’s say that I’m glad you’re finally here.”
“That good huh?”
“Yeah. So anyway, this is my boyfriend Eric Weiss. Eric this is my sister Sydney.”
“H..hi, I mean, nice to meet you.”
“It’s nice to meet you too.”

And no matter how happy Syd was that her sister seemed to like this guy, she was once again shown the fact that she was indeed famous and that no one beside her family would ever see her as just a normal human being because no matter what they say, it’s all in people’s looks and his look, well, it said all she needed to know.

“Well, now that Sydney is here we might as well tell you guys why we wanted to come over.”
“I hope it’s nothing too serious my dear.”
“Actually it is.”
“Then tell us.”
“Mom, dad, Syd, Eric and I are getting married.”

And while both parents seemed to have become a statue, Sydney was the only one to react.
“I’m sorry, did you just say that you were getting married?”
“Uhuh.”
“Isn’t that a bit fast?”
“Come on Syd, we’ve known each other for six months already and we get along so well. He really completes me.”
“Oh Nadia, I really hope that you two know what you’re doing.”
“We do.”
“I guess congratulations are in order then for both of you.”
“Thanks.”

And after a full five minutes, her parents were finally able to say a very weak congratulations and what had been supposed to be a nice family dinner turned out in a very quiet one filled with people lost in their own thoughts about the whole marriage outcome and awkward moments.

Chapter 4

As soon as the young engaged couple arrived home, well in Nadia’s apartment that is, Eric decided that now was the perfect time to ask Nadia some questions about the newly met family member because he definitely wanted some explanation regarding that.

“Okay so what the hell was that?”
“What was what?”
“Come on Nadia, your sister happens to be Sydney Bristow AND a famous movie actress!”
“So?”
“So? Well excuse me but you got years to prepare yourself for the fact that your sister is famous but I only got like what…ten seconds?”
“I know and I’m sorry.”
“You could have told me then I wouldn’t have looked like a complete fool.”
“You weren’t a complete one, you were only half a fool.”
“Is that supposed to make me feel better?”
“Uhuh.”
“Well it’s not working.”
“Look Eric, I’m sorry for not telling you but Syd asked me not to tell anyone about her unless I really mean it with that person. She already has trouble enough and the last thing she needs is one of my friends telling the paparazzi what exactly she is doing or wearing at night because trust me, people do such things. The only reason as to why I didn’t tell you about her any sooner is because I wanted to protect her. She is my sister Eric and you can’t blame me for saving her from more people who just want to earn some cash by digging up dirt that she may or may not have caused.”
“I know, it’s just, when you said you had a sister I wasn’t really prepared to meet her.”
“Many people aren’t but I think you did fine.”
“Thanks.”
“You’re welcome.”
“ So do you think your parents have gotten over the shock of us getting married already?”
“I hope so but somehow I doubt it, although I’m sure that Syd will do a good job of tempering both of them.”
“You think so?”
“Trust me on this one.”

And indeed, Nadia was right because at her parent’s house, everyone still seemed to be pretty engrossed in the fact that one of their daughters was getting married.

“I just still can’t believe it…she’s getting married.”
“I know mom but I guess that if she really has true feelings for him, it will be okay.”
“I don’t know sweetie.”
“What’s holding you from being happy for them?”
“I just don’t want her to end up like you.”
“Mom, the fact that my very short engagement with Kyle didn’t work out doesn’t mean Nadia’s relationship won’t work either. Being in a relationship with someone doesn’t always give you the guarantees you wanted in life but it doesn’t mean that we can’t love and make mistakes either. It just happens. Just don’t spoil it for her because it didn’t work out for me in the end okay?”
“Okay.”
“So can I finally say congratulations now or do I still have to wait until they are actually married.”
“Oh cut it out.”
“Congratulations mom.”
“Thanks dear.”
“So where is dad all of a sudden?”
“I have a strong feeling that he went to his desk to drown down some hard liquor stuff.”
“Probably.”
“Anyway, how are you dear?”
“I’m okay, I’m busy with my next movie for the moment.”
“Good one?”
“Not really sure about that one. I think I’m going to take a small break after this one, recharge my batteries and see if there comes a better script in my direction I think.”
“Well you know that you can always call me if you need anything.”
“I know mom and I love you for that.”
“I love you too.”
“I better get going now because I have an early call tomorrow.”
“Okay, be safe dear.”
“I will. I’ll call you later this week.”
“I’d love that.”
“Bye.”
“Bye darling.”

And after having said goodbye to her father in his office, she drove back to her busy life.

I wonder how long it will be until Eric tells Michael that Sydney is Nadia's sister. And I wonder how long it'll take Eric to finally convince Michael that he's telling the truth?

Chris

I loved Eric's reaction when he realized that the woman he had drooled over was his fiance's sister.

I hope he has Michael with him the next time they are at a function that Sydney will also be attending.
Michael realizes that she is still a woman even though she is famous. He will get along well with her.

so are we gonna hve to wait for weiss and nads to get married before vaughn and syd meet or are you gonna be kind?

Oh... double update :woot: Woozaa!

Well it's good Nadia kept Sydney's secret... you never know whom really to trust (not that Weiss can't be trusted, but things sometimes slip out of your mouth... so... :rolleyes: )

When are S&V going to meet?????? it's driving me insane :angelic:

Loved the update of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To be fair, Weiss did fine woth meeting Syd considering he had no warning.
The fact that Syd just wants someone who understands that she is normal like everyone else
and the fact that Michael already feels like that...can't wait til they meet.

Chapter 5

Two days after meeting his famous future sister-in-law, Weiss was still under a very high impression of the fact that someone famous was actually going to be part of his family now and vice versa.

Needless to say that when Michael met him at the skating rink that day for a little one on one game, that he wasn’t exactly with the game with his entire mind.

Michael hadn’t really read much into it at the beginning but after having hit the puck directly at Eric for the fourth time, it was obvious that something was wrong.

“Okay, spill, what’s going on?”
“What?”
“You’re in dreamland again so what is going on?”
“Nothing is going on. Why would something be going on?”
“Eric, don’t lie to me.”
“I’m not.”
“Eric?” And the tone in his voice made it clear that he wasn’t just joking.

“Fine, do you remember Sydney Bristow?”
“Yeah, she is the actress you were drooling about earlier this week, why?”
“Well apparently, she is also the sister of Nadia.”
“You’re kidding right?”
“Nope.”
“So is that what you’re freaked out about?”
“Yes! Hello, dude, she’s famous.”
“Yes I know and she is also human for Christ’ sake. I’m sure that she is a very kind person and that she eats with a knife and fork just like the rest of us.”
“Very funny, you don’t have her in your family.”
“Look, Eric, it will be fine. I’m sure she’ll like you too.”
“Yeah well, you weren’t the one drooling over her, you just think she is normal.”
“Maybe because she is. She is made out of flesh and blood just like you and me and she has problems once again just like you and me and I’m sure she likes normal things too.”
“How can you be so calm about this?”
“Must be the genes.”
“Anyway, I was freaked out and especially since Nadia hadn’t said anything about her.”
“I’m sure she had her reasons for that.”
“Yeah well…”
“So where is Nadia now?”
“She went over to her sister on her new movie set to see what dates she ahs free to help Nadia with the wedding.”
“That’s nice.”
“Yeah, so anyway, I was thinking…”
“About what?”
“Maybe you could help me too?”
“Are you getting scared already?”
“No, I just…I have no clue about what to do okay and what and where to get stuff and you are smarter than me so please?”
“Fine, only on one condition.”
“What’s that?”
“Try to see her sister as a normal person okay because I’m sure you behaved like a nutty person when you met her.”
“I didn’t.”
“Eric!”
“Fine, I did but how did you know?”
“I’m your best friend, I’m supposed to know.”
“Whatever, but I definitely want to see your reaction when you meet her at the wedding.”
“Trust me that I’m going to be deadly normal with her.”
“We’ll see about that.”
“Come on, I’ll help you with the wedding but let’s play hockey now okay?”
“Okay.”

And with that being settled, both guys continued their little one on one game and stayed on the ice until Weiss got a phone call from Nadia, telling him she was back home.

Back