Benny Hinn

That's kind of funny. It'd be funnier to see someone get up on stage and shove him on his ass, though. Now that'd be comedy gold! :P

Yeah, but unlike what's seen in this video, that wouldn't be ridiculously funny. That would just be...well, a good idea. ;)2

I understand most of you aren't Christians, and what happened in that video may look weird, but Benny Hinn has a powerful calling from God. Benny Hinn came to my church and I got to witness what you saw on that tape firsthand. People walked in with problems such as chronic back pain and left healed. One woman was cured of cancer. That event showed me God/Jesus are real. I am not a very good Christian, I have a lot of conflict in my mind over why God lets certain things happen, but I know he has the power to heal and anoint people.

I'm not trying to force any religious views on anyone, or make anyone accept God. I want to give a first hand account of what Benny Hinn has done through Christ.

Well... for someone who is so blessed by God, he sure makes some rather un-christian statements and has a rather odd lifestyle.
Here is an excerpt from an article about him:

----
Hinn has prophesized that God would destroy the homosexual community of America by fire "in the mid-nineties -- about '94 or '95, no later than that". He also foretold that Fidel Castro would die during the 1990s, and that the world would end by 1999. Hinn has taught that the Biblical Adam flew to the moon. He has said that the Christian Trinity is actually God in nine persons, not three, because the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are each comprised of trinities.

"I do admit there have been times when I have made a statement that was incorrect", Hinn has written. "Because we are continually growing in the Lord, preachers and lay people alike must be open to the Lord's correction. However, I do not believe it is right when a minister corrects his theology -- or his view on a point of Scripture -- and the critics continue to bring up that same subject".

That kind of nagging really angers Hinn, to the point where he has wished aloud for an exception to that pesky "Thou shalt not kill" commandment. "You know", Hinn said in a broadcast, "I've looked for one verse in the Bible -- I just can't seem to find it -- one verse that says, If you don't like 'em, kill 'em. I really wish I could find it!... Sometimes I wish God would give me a Holy Ghost machine gun. I'd blow your head off!"

His ministry is believed to rake in up to $120,000,000 annually. Hinn lives in an oceanfront hacienda valued at $8.5 million.
----

felgercarb, let me make an adjustment to my statement.

I went back and looked at the Church service advertisements and it wasn't Benny Hinn, it was his brother Henry Hinn. I apologize for the mess up.

http://www.henryhinn.org/index.htm

Henry Hinn visited our church not Benny Hinn. What I said is about Henry Hinn.

Sorry for the confusion. :(

Edit: I do not know much about Benny Hinn, but what you posted about the 'Holy Ghost machine gun' doesn't paint a great picture of Benny. Henry Hinn did not talk about his brother's ministry at all during his event.

Benny Hinn scares and angers me. I think he's a big charlatan who is misleading a lot of people, in order to get rich. I hate people like him who abuse other people's genuine desire to experience God, in order to control them.

Personally, I don't think there is even one slightest part of Benny Hinn that cares about the Christian religion. Not anymore at least. And I would have said the same when I was a Christian. Anyone can see through what he's doing in a heart beat.

As for his brother, maybe. But "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" comes to mind.

Benny, Henry... Doesn't matter. Regardless of whether or not they believe the felgercarb they spew, it's still felgercarb. Have people walked in in pain and left feeling better? Yeah, but it wasn't "the power of God". You focus hard enough on something else, you won't feel anything. It's either for the same reason as why you don't feel pain when you're angry, why you don't notice it when you're on laughing gas,(Like, at the dentist... 'Course, I'm just going with what I've heard on this one, as I've never needed gas.) or how people end up doing crazy things under extreme stress.(Incredible feats of strength, for instance.)

The human body is capable of much more than what it normally does. Whether natural or artificial, you just need the right chemicals in your system to do them. These situations trigger the release of chemicals in the victim's(What'd you call 'em?) brain, and they think "Whoopee, I'm not..." I don't know, dead?

'Course, I don't take stock in biblical writings, so, ya know... "Though shalt not kill", not really a problem for me. It's really more the "If you kill, we'll throw you in a federal, pound-you-in-the-ass prison" that acts as a deterrent...

*Covets his neighbor's wife.*

Back