Best book ever!

I am a big reader, I read about 1 - 3 novels a week. My favorite authors, are: Micheal Crichton, Ken Follett, Robin Cook, and John Grisham.

But my overall favorite book would have to be Timeline by Micheal Crichton. The movie is comeing out soon, hope it will be good.

So, whats your favorite book???

I'm really into the harry potter series...
From that series my favourite book so far is number 4.

Another series I'm really crazy about is The Wheel of Time set by Robert Jordan.

Its awesome...I dont have a favourite from those...yet

My favorite is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4). I like all the other Harry Potters as well, but GoF is my favorite. I LOVE it.

I don't have just one favorite book... I have a favorite author... Janet Evanovich... but there are so many great books out there... it's hard to pick a favorite one..

I won't say Harry Potter, that would be too easy!
My favorite book is Angela's Ashes, by Franck McCourt. The best story I've ever read! I also love the second and the third books, but the first is definitely the best.

Overall favourite book. That really is a difficult one. I read so many different genres and love so many different authors, I think I'd be hardpressed to pick just one. For my current reading tastes, I'm going to go with any of the Harry Dresden books by Jim Butcher.

Overall my favorite books (there are two) are Dante's Inferno and Mansfield Park by Jane Austin.

Although I really do like Alice in Wonderland and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil very very much.

I'm more into trilogies (or longer). The characters and story are more fleshed out. The plots and sub-plots and sub-sub-plots are deeper. So I absolutely loved the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson. Took a long time for all 14 books to come out and majorly bummed now it's over.

Still waiting for the last few books of George RR Martin's 'A Song of Ice and Fire' to come out. And Game of Thrones is simply awesome. I have seen sooooo many fantasy series become tv or movie series and most of them are horrible. HBO has done a fantastic job holding pretty close to the storyline and the production has been great.

I couldn't really pick just one. Well I could but it would likely change in a second or tomorrow. The scariest book I've ever read and don't want to read again, it was so good and horrifying (and unfortunately real) was "Asleep" by Molly Caldwell Crosby about the disease that occurred in the aftermath of the flu epidemic in 1918. It gave me panic attacks, honestly. Real life is more terrifying than fiction. Other non-fiction (that I will read again, definitely): "My Lobotomy" by Howard Dully. "Fatal Journey" by Peter C. Mancall. And "1491" by Charles C. Mann. And probably others that are out of my line of sight right now.

Fiction would be the "Temeraire" series by Naomi Novik. "A Song of Ice and Fire". And "Eifelheim" by Michael Flynn. Comic books I can answer with less annoying uncertainty (another hobby): "Beasts of Burden" by Evan Dorkin and Jill Thompson. "Blame" by Tsutomu Nihei. And "We3" by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely.

:love:

Well I don't really have one favorite but I'll list some of my favorite books that I've read lately.

Ken Follet - The Pillars of The Earth (I've read it several times now, but I really, really like it!)
Gregory David Roberts - Shantaram
Bram Stoker - Dracula
J.K Rowling - Harry Potter (the entire series)
Robert Jordan - Wheel of Time (the entire cycle)
Simon Scarrow - The Eagle Series
Conn Iggulden - The Emperor Series. (Imperator)

^I have many more books, series and authors that I consider some of my favorites but these are a few. :smiley:

I couldn't really pick just one. Well I could but it would likely change in a second or tomorrow. The scariest book I've ever read and don't want to read again, it was so good and horrifying (and unfortunately real) was "Asleep" by Molly Caldwell Crosby about the disease that occurred in the aftermath of the flu epidemic in 1918. It gave me panic attacks, honestly. Real life is more terrifying than fiction. Other non-fiction (that I will read again, definitely): "My Lobotomy" by Howard Dully. "Fatal Journey" by Peter C. Mancall. And "1491" by Charles C. Mann. And probably others that are out of my line of sight right now.

Fiction would be the "Temeraire" series by Naomi Novik. "A Song of Ice and Fire". And "Eifelheim" by Michael Flynn. Comic books I can answer with less annoying uncertainty (another hobby): "Beasts of Burden" by Evan Dorkin and Jill Thompson. "Blame" by Tsutomu Nihei. And "We3" by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely.

:love:
I have to admit that I enjoyed the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik as well.

Back