Best Books in the World / Favorite Books

Nad

Cadet
I know there are millions and millions of books out there, but what are your absolute favorites?

Lord of the Rings
Count of Monte Cristo
Les Miserables

more to come of course!

My absolute favorite is Welcome to the World, Baby Girl by Fannie Flagg. It's basically a story of a woman trying to find out about her past and how that affects her life.

Agent Mori said:
I am a BIG fan of Melanie Rawn (I have all of the books she's ever had published but 1) Especially the Exiles (unfinished) trilogy.
aaah good author! i loved the dragon prince series, the dragon star series wasnt as good. i still havnt finihsed it.. or read exiles!

Best Books in the world... do you even need to ask me????

FEEEEARLESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nad said:
Does anyone like the Classics?
i do! my favorite books are Pride and Prejudice, Scarlett Letter, Joy Luck Club, Poisonwood Bible, Secret Life of Bees, Taming of the Shrew, A Doll's House, and Romeo and Juliet, oh and just today i added Anthem!(great book which i think i will reread being it so short!)
my favorite authors are:
Barbara Kingsolver(all books amazing!)
Nathienal Hawthorne
Anita Shreve
Amy Tan(again all books amazing!)
;) i love reading, i will read anything, romance, coming of age, sci-fi, philosophy, murder, mystery, etc.! ^_^

all time favorites...wow

i can't think of all the titles of the great books that i've read, so i'll go by how they're classifyed...could be by series, or by author, or just by the bookstore/library way of putting it

romance
historical romance
fearless series
the lurlene mcdaniel books
any books by marianne curley
alias books
avon true romances
x-files books

and so many more...it's not even funny

::nods:: (y) Francine Pascal...These books are wonderful! They're full of action and tension and deceit and killing... and it's, to me, very much like Alias!!!!

alias_fan said:
hopefully your not saying everything francine pascal b/c you know the whole sweet valley incident... very unfortunate.
eeeee... :shocked: i used to like those but now that i think about it... those were reeeaaallly baad!!! :o_O: but...

Fearless is so different... it's a totally different type of story, writing style and the main character, Gaia is NOTHING like those diztes in Sweet Valley who worried about their hair or makeup... Gaia worries about her life!

nance said:
alias_fan said:
hopefully your not saying everything francine pascal b/c you know the whole sweet valley incident... very unfortunate.
eeeee... :shocked: i used to like those but now that i think about it... those were reeeaaallly baad!!! :o_O: but...
those books are just bad! but gaia's starting to sound pretty cool.

alias_fan said:
nance said:
alias_fan said:
Hehe I can't believe I used to love them so much... I scare myself... :lol: but YAY, you're starting to think Gaia is cool! That's an improvement! :lol:

nance said:
alias_fan said:
nance said:
alias_fan said:
Hehe I can't believe I used to love them so much... I scare myself... :lol: but YAY, you're starting to think Gaia is cool! That's an improvement! :lol:
yes i suppose so. have you read nancy drew? like the original ones? they're great books!

Back