Best Books in the World / Favorite Books

Pride and Prejudice
The Chrysalids by John Wyndham( this is such a good book, go out and read it everyone!) (y)
To Kill A Mockingbird
A Brighter Sun by Samuel Selvon (such a great and different book, a fanastic read to those up for the challenge) (y)
The Count Of Monte Cristo
Emma
The Joy Luck Club

Well my fave series are harry Potter and anything by V.C Andrews

I'm also kinda surprised that none of you seem to know of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Its an amazing fantasy series, a New York Times best seller.

I absolutely love it

so yea those are my three fave...

i love Brave New World by Huxley and also the book Steppenwolf (i don't know who it's by.)

These are also really good: Fearless books, Georgia Nickleson books, Sisterhood of the traveling pants, Princess diaries, Gossip Girl books, ABC hookup list books, Mates dates and ... series, Series of unfortunate events .. oh theres more ...

I haven't really looked at this in a while, but I know a few I forgot to add

The Great Gatsby
The Scarlet Letter (I love Hawthorne!)
A Tale of Two Cities (I've mentioned Dickens before, but this is by far the best)

Kewii said:

I'm also kinda surprised that none of you seem to know of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. Its an amazing fantasy series, a New York Times best seller.

I absolutely love it

I know the wheel of time! ive read through 8 I think

theyre all kidna the same... but good nonetheless ^_^

SiriCerasi said:
Kewii said:

I'm also kinda surprised that none of you seem to know of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan.  Its an amazing fantasy series, a New York Times best seller.

I absolutely love it

I know the wheel of time! ive read through 8 I think

theyre all kidna the same... but good nonetheless ^_^
I like the cultures imbeaded throughout the books and all the fully fleshed out characters, but the plot twists are very similar from book to book.

Other good books are the Ender's series by Orson Scott Card and Psion, Catspaw, and Dreamfall by Vinge.

Kewii said:

I absolutely love it

ohhh...i love V.C. Andrews' work too! And the best book in the world is...White Oleander!!

Amy Tan books are awesome. :smiley: And so are Dan Brown books.

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith.

The Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. :smiley:

And of course, the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling. :smiley:

The Once and Future King by T.H. White -- my all-time fave book
An Episode of Sparrows by Rumer Godden
...and lots more. I have the worst memory when it comes to things like this (lol try asking me what my fave movies are! HAHAHA that's a laugh), so I'll prolly post more when I remember them...

Les

EDIT: All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Remarque.
And of course, I forgot, Shakespeare!!! Hamlet is my abs. fave.

Nad said:
I know there are millions and millions of books out there, but what are your absolute favorites?
"The Mists Of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley.
This is one of those books that you recommned to people but you don't actually lend your own copy,you buy a new one for them!
This book is just so amazing.If you like the Arthurian times and the tales of that time,you will love this book! I strongly suggest it for women only,it is a book about women for women!

"True Women" by Janice Windall Woods. A true story of Texas women after the fall of the alamo and the turbulant times of the cival war. These woman were true survivors and strong women!

Rats
Face on The Milk Carton
The Dollface in the Garden
To Live Again
The Witch Of Blackbird Pond
Across the Prarie
Just Ella
She said Yes
Stargirl
Hope was Here
Boston Jane
Wilderness Jane
Memory Boy(hilarious book)
Among the hidden
Flying Solo
Davey Coe
The Outsiders
I got too many!

sculder said:
Nad said:
I know there are millions and millions of books out there, but what are your absolute favorites?
"The Mists Of Avalon" by Marion Zimmer Bradley.
This is one of those books that you recommned to people but you don't actually lend your own copy,you buy a new one for them!
This book is just so amazing.If you like the Arthurian times and the tales of that time,you will love this book! I strongly suggest it for women only,it is a book about women for women!
My aunt lent that to my sister on Easter weekend, and when she was done she gave it to me. I thought it was a really good book, although if my aunt had actually read it first I don't think she'd have let us read it, considering the fact that she's fairly religious. But like I said, I really liked it. I'd recommend it, too. ;)

Back