Best Books in the World / Favorite Books

Dana -- I totally forgot about The Outsiders -- definitely another one on my list.

Also, I remembered yesterday after I posted: Bridget Jones' Diary and the second one, The Edge of Reason. Two of the first books I ever bought myself. :smiley:

Les

Leslie said:
And of course, I forgot, Shakespeare!!! Hamlet is my abs. fave.
Hamlet is good, Polonius is so laughable, and Claudius is a great villian, but Macbeth is better! But you can't forget about Iago either.
Have you read Johnny got his Gun? It's pretty similar to All Quiet on the Western Front.

valanthaliadon said:
Leslie said:
And of course, I forgot, Shakespeare!!! Hamlet is my abs. fave.
Hamlet is good, Polonius is so laughable, and Claudius is a great villian, but Macbeth is better! But you can't forget about Iago either.
Have you read Johnny got his Gun? It's pretty similar to All Quiet on the Western Front.
I didn't like Macbeth as much, though it is the favorite of my high school English teacher (who introduced me to Shakespeare). Actually, haven't read Macbeth in ages... I prolly should re-read. I have heard that Othello and King Lear are musts... but I have read neither (sadly)... :( I will get around to them both, tho! :smiley: And Iago... Is he in Merchant of Venice? I forget! :P lol And I call myself a Shakespeare lover... shame on me. :lol: But Hamlet himself is my favorite Shakespearean character... such an enigma and he has the best monologues Shakespeare ever wrote (IMO).

Come to think of it, if DA was any good at Shakespeare, he'd make a good Hamlet. ^_^

I haven't read Johnny Got His Gun... I'll add it to my list, tho! Thanks, Vala! :smiley:

Les

i love the harry potter books, i've read the first one 41 times :lol: the second one 29 times, :lol: the third one 18 times :lol: the fourth one 8 times :lol: and i'm going through the fifth one for the second time now... :lol: :lol: :lol:
i also love the series about ellie and her friends by john marsden, the first book is "tomorrow when the was began" and then there are 6 more books. i highly recommend the john marsden books to everyone! i've also read "checkers" by him , but i didn't find it as good as the books about ellie. anyway i'm gonna read a lot more of his books as soon as i have time!
i read the 1st LOTR book and it was really good, and i'm gonna read the other 2 ones too! and then i'm also reading the ayla-series by jean.m.auel, i'm reading the 3rd book right now, "the mammoth hunters"...
and then i love love love almost all the books by astrid lindgren, even though most of them are meant for children, the longer novels suit for older people and teens as well. i think her best books are "the lion heart brothers" (when i was 4 i had already read it 11 times, iit's such a a beautiful story... :( )(i was in that play too :smiley: ), "ronja rövardotter" (dont know what it's called in english), and "mio my mio"...they're just wonderful! has anyone read them? if not, DO IT!!!
haha i wrote a lot!
piii

Harry Potter, of couse, anything by Shakespeare (aside from Romeo & Juliet, but even that was funny), The Glass Menagerie & The Crucible, The Hitchhiker's Guide, Poisonwood Bible, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. My mind's really blanking on me now :blink:

My Favs soo far is..

Dean Koontz -- Odd Thomas (this book was the first book to EVER make me cry...and I dont cry when I read)

Dean Koontz -- Intensity

Max Allan Collins -- CSI: Double Dealer

Max Allan Collins -- CSI: Sin City

Mary Roach -- Stiff

and of course ALIAS BOOKS!!

Alias_Freak_47 said:
Dean Koontz -- Odd Thomas (this book was the first book to EVER make me cry...and I dont cry when I read)

and of course ALIAS BOOKS!!
[post="997572"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i cry quite often in books, but not nearly as often as in movies...but this one book, "jag är kvar hos er" (translated: "i'm still here with you") by peter pohl. oh. my. god. i cried so much! like half an hour! i recommend it to everyone, seriously try to find it i think it's translated to english... :smiley:

Here's the list of my favorite books:

- To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- Les Contemplations by Victor Hugo
- The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
- LOTR by J.R.R. Tolkien
- The Prophet by Gibran Khalil Gibran

Sisterhood of the traveling pants
Second summer of sisterhood
Year of the secret assignments
vanity fair
lotr
cut
a walk to remember

okay that's enough

god i love so many
well
traveling pant both of them
all by meg cabot
all by tamora peirce
harry potter
sarah dessen boooks new obsession
hard to type have a kitten in hand lucky me
pendragon books by dj machale
georgia nichlson haahaa sooo funny alist arte good
flipped
our olny may ameliaeally really goodthats it for now

Color Purple
Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
The Notebook
My Sister's Bones
Welcome to My Planet (Where English is Sometimes Spoken)

The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Steven Chbosky
Go Ask Alice- Annonymous
Girl, Interrupted- Susannah Kysen
Lisa, Bright and Dark- John Neufield
Cut- Patricia McCormick
Sloppy Firsts- Megan Mcafferty (i think thats her name)
Second Helpings- Megan Mcafferty
Bet Me- Jennifer Crusie
Fast Women- Jennifer Crusie

Back