Best Books in the World / Favorite Books

My all-time favorite book is The Feast of Love by Charles Baxter. It's incredible.

I like most of Amy Tan and Alice Walker's writing, and Alice Munro is a big favorite of mine.

👍

To Kill A Mockingbird--Harper Lee
The Lovely Bones--Alice Sebold (?)
the Lord of the Rings trilogy--JRR Tolkien
The Big Horse--Joe McGinniss
Dirt Road To The Derby --Bob Baffert
A Pirate Looks at Fifty --Jimmy Buffett
The Virgin Suicides (?)
Dirty Girls Social Club
The Perfect Ride --Gary Stevens
Three Strides Before The Wire
A Year At the Races --Jane Smiley

Anything Isabel Allende is incredible. Most noteworthy are the House of the Spirits, Portrait in Sepia, Daughter of Fortune, and Love and Shadows. Damn they're all good.
Other favourites include:
Song of Solomon - Toni Morrison
Memoirs of a Geisha - Arthur Golden
One Hundred Years of Solitude - Gabriel Garcia Marquez

i also just bought 6 new books, so i'll post on those as i finish. But by far, Isabel Allende is my favourite writer.
Barbara

anyhting john marsden is fabulous. absolutely fabulous. the tomorrow series are my favorite books, forever!!! :woot: everyone should read them! they're so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's written ohter good books to, like "checkers", "letters from the inside" and much more. but the tomorrow series,....i have no words. *sigh*

One of my all time favourites is Tom Clancy's "RAINBOW SIX". It's the best Tom Clancy novel i've read.

Another one of my favourites is in the non-fiction category and it's called: The Naked Ape, by Desmond Morris. It gives you a very good insight into the evolutionary behaviour of human beings. Recommended for all naked apes (y)

pii_lena4ever said:
anyhting john marsden is fabulous. absolutely fabulous. the tomorrow series are my favorite books, forever!!!  :woot:  everyone should read them! they're so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's written ohter good books to, like "checkers", "letters from the inside" and much more. but the tomorrow series,....i have no words. *sigh*
[post="1063923"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

OMG, i LOVE John Marsden. Isn't his writing great? i love it.
The tomorrow series is my absoulte FAVOURITE, but Checkers is great as well but it makes me cry too much. Another really great book by John Marsden is Winter.

Okay being the Bookworm that i am, here is my list of fav books

The LOTR Books
The Tomorrow Serie-John Marsden
Fearless series - Francine Pascal
Chinese Cinderella - Adeline Yen Mah
Kane and Abel - Jeffery Archer
Harry Potter series - JK Rowling
Finding Cassie Crazy - Jaclyn Moriarty
Charmed books
Anything by agatha christie

and there are heaps of others

LOTR
Rebecca by Daphné du Maurier
The three musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
The monk by Matthew Lewis
It by Stephen King
Au nom de tous les miens by Martin Gray (sorry, i don't know the title in english) It's his autobiography.
Brave New Workl
The Club Dumas by Arturo Perez-Reverte
War of Worlds by H.G. Wells
Wutherings Heights
Jane Eyre
Black Notice by Patricia Corwell (Cadavre X in french)
Les misérables by Victor Hugo
Red Fox by Anthony Hyde
Chartterley by D.H. Lawrence
Fantôme de l'opéra by Gaston Leroux
Lady Chatterley's Lover
Master and Commander by Patrick O'Brian

My favorite book (the one that inspired me to be a writer) is Harriet The Spy by Louise Fitzhugh.

I also love the Harry Potter Series, anything by Eoin Colfer, and The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks.

My favorite book is, hands down, To Kill A Mockingbird. I remember reading it in like ninth grade and thinking wow! Atticus Finch has got to be one of the greatest characters ever written. If you haven't read it you definitly need to.

Tithe by Holly Black is an amazing book. Hands down my top 1 or 2
Shopaholic Series by Sophie Kinsella Rebecca's an awesome character. You cant help but like her
Anything by Meg Cabot
Harry Potter

I'll add more later

Okay, I have read about a billion books in my life time, and could probably name a thousand that I would consider my favourite, but just this past week I read one of the greatest books ever :D. Well, at least I really liked it: My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. Ugh, I just loved, and couldn't put it down. I highly suggest it to anyone who is looking for a good book!!

~Andrea :angelic:

Et si c'était vrai - Marc Levy
Sept jours pour une éternité - Marc Levy (I don't know the english titles :lol: )
Harry Potter series - JK Rowling

I dunno, I like everything I read, so it's hard to pick. :smiley:

It would be The Chamber by John Grisham, it's such an awesome book, well written and emotional, I cried at the end :cry:

Boulie, Et si c'était vrai is also a movie, Just Like Heaven with Reese Witherspoon ;). The novel's title in English is If Only It Were True

Back