Best Movie Characters Ever!

Rics

Cadet
I know we have a lot of movie fans here...so what are some of your favorite movie characters? These be mine, in no particular order.

Johnny Depp - Captain Jack Sparrow - Pirates of the Caribean
I know I said no particular order, but this has to be my favorite character ever. As far as I'm concerned this is the best written and acted character in movie history. How can you not love what Depp does with Sparrow?

Josh Hartnett - Slevin Kelevra - Lucky Number Slevin
This character was brilliantly written and Hartnett was perfect. I think the dialogue is what made this character so appealing. I always did love "smart asses" and Slevin is definitely that. Some of the best dialogue in any movie I've seen. If you haven't seen it I'd highly reccomend it. This and Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang are two of my favorite movies.

Robert Downey Jr. - Harry Lockhart - Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
Personally I think Robert Downey Jr is the best actor in the biz next to Johnny Depp, and actually my favorite actor. Harry Lockhart is his best work yet. The chemisty between him and Val Kilmer is amazing. Lockhart is one of the most realistic characters in any movie you'll see. He just seems to be an average Joe, which makes you love this character. He's a smart ass too :smiley: If you like movies with smart dialogue I'd watch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. It's great all the way through.

George Clooney - Ulysses Everett McGill - O Brother, Where Art Thou?
I loved this movie. I think because it's mainly because it was different and I wasn't expecting to like it at all. I wasn't such a fan of Clooney's until this role.

Sam Rockwell - Zaphod Beeblebrox - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Ok, I'm mainly basing the Zaphod character from the books...but I still think Rockwell did one hell of a job with him. The movie was nothing compared to the book, but I don't think that had anything to do with the casting. I think it was the fact it didn't follow the book as closely as fans would have liked and they left a lot of things out. Forget the fact that I'm a huge Rockwell and Hitchhiker fan :smiley:

Nathan Fillion - Mal - Serenity
I was a huge fan of the Firefly series when it was on Fox, and I thought the movie was the best Sci-Fi space film every made (Yes, way better than Star Wars). I think it's because the characters were 20x more interesting than in any other Sci-fi flick. Fillion did a perfect job mixing the old west gunslinger with a modern day space pirate. Very big wiseass...I just love sarcastic humor?

Summer Glau - River - Serenity
Ok, so this is the second character I've mentioned from Serenity. But wow, she did an amazing job in this role. Of course I've never seen her in any other role. Watch the movie and I think you'll fall in love with her character too.

Mos Def - Vivien Thomas - Something The Lord Made
Now, I am generally 100% against rappers turned actors, as it usually just results to a street movie and mediocre acting skills. DMX was horrible. Mos Def and Will Smith, I believe, are the only exceptions. He's an amazing actor, and if you see this movie you'll know what I'm talking about. It's a very touching movie and very educational. Slow paced, but the acting is amazing.

I dont watch many movies anymore (they mostly suck now, no script, crappy acting, all FX), but here are a couple from "back in the day" I thought were really good.

Kurt Russel-The Thing: One of the best sci-fi/horror movies ever made. Some really great perfomances in the Movie (was a ensemble cast) but Kurt becomes the star in it because of how he portrays his character, not because it was scripted that way. One of the few movies in this genre that actually has people do stuff that is intellegent, instead of being utter morons.

Tim Robbins-Jacobs Ladder: For those of you that like to "enhace" your movie experience with "stuff", don't with this movie. You'll probably rip you eyes out or worse. Reality-bending, mind-boggleing movie who's ending is so completely unexpected and emotionally devestating. It'll f*ck you up, sober. Robbins is masterful here.

Hmmm, in no particular order:

Bill Lumbergh - Office space - He's not a hero or badass or likeable, but he's still a great character. complete middle-management tool. "Whuuut's happening?"

Jayne - Firefly - Stupidity mixed with greed mixed with loving his mama mixed with just being absolutely hilarious. Jayne is what I miss most about this show not continueing.

Jack Sparrow - 'nuff said. Pure genious in the first movie. i hope he keeps it up for the second.

Aeryn Sun - Farscape - I don't know what it is about her, but she pulls off believable badass woman better than almost any female so-called-badass I've ever seen. If I were a man, I would want to marry this woman.

Londo Mollari - Babylon 5 - Words can't describe this guy...you have to experience it yourself.

Marcus Cole - Babylon 5 - Sarcasm and pluck and romantacism and grief and gorgeous hair all mixed in one. And he's a badass too. That's always fun.

Laurence Fishburne- Marion Bishop- Assault on Precinct 13
He did an awesome job. Nuff' said.

John Rhys-Davies- Gimli the Dwarf- Lord of the Rings
He was a Dwarf AND he got in a drinking contest (Should've won too...)

Harrison Ford- Indiana Jones- Indiana Jones movies
Great series

Christian Bale- Batman- Batman Begins
Hands-down best movie ever

I will agree with the 3 already mentioned characters from Serenity, Indiana Jones, Jack Sparrow and Ulysses Everett McGill. Now here are some more!

Clint Eastwood as whomever in any Sergio Leone movie.

Tadanobu Asano as Kakihara / Ichi The Killer

Kazushi Watanabe as The Visitor / Visitor Q

Bill Murray as Steve Zissou

Willem Dafoe as:

Klaus Daimler / Life Aquatic
Agent Paul Smecker / Boondock Saints

I'll think of more later...

Czi

Back