Foodies Best Movie Snacks

Tom

An Old Friend
I've been to some very unique movie theaters and I spend countless hours in front of my home theater.
I'm curious what you find to be the best snacks for movie watching?

The old standby is always going to be Buttered Popcorn!

I've been to theaters that sold hotdogs & hamburgers, gyros, Italian Ices, corn dogs on a stick, hot buttered rice cakes and a slew of assorted quickies.
The most unique theater I was ever in was when I saw Pink Floyd - The Wall. There was no stadium seating. Just bistro tables and chairs with little electric candles that dimmed. Waitresses came around and served mixed drinks, beer, milk shakes and Icees. They also had a fast food type restaurant style menu. Each room had 3 screens. I loved it.
It was in the Edgewater Mall Satellite Mini strip and was taken by Katrina. Can't recall the name of the place.

At home, I love those Lil' Smokies in BBQ sauce, Loaded Nachos and Burger Turds (Hamburger rolls in hotdog buns). A cheese & cracker tray or a nut bowl is also nice. I don't really drink much anymore but I love making slushies using sno-cone syrup & pineapple juice.

Can you Relate?

Years ago went to see Jackie Chan in 'Project A Part 2' in it's original Chinese in a theater somewhere in D.C. Audience was all Chinese. They had some kind of shrimp crackers and other exotic junk food and they munched it all night. Kids played in the aisles. fun!

I have not been to a theater in some time and, oddly, have never been to any of the 'dinner movie' theaters that you can order burgers & other stuff off of a menu. :( When we did go though I liked the basic stuff like Twizzlers because my hands wouldn't get greasy like with buttered popcorn.

At home, just about anything goes but my preference is pizza. I don't mind eating cold pizza so if we get a pie at the start of the movie then I can grab a slice later on as well. If not pizza than burgers, preferably little sliders.

3740d9b932347405b2c66f2c49211c10.jpg
Anybody remember those old TV Dinners? I used to actually eat those while watching TV. I always wondered, at that time, why they didn't sell Movie Dinners too, LOL

Anybody remember those old TV Dinners? I used to actually eat those while watching TV. I always wondered, at that time, why they didn't sell Movie Dinners too, LOL
My family used to by them when I was a kid in the 70's. Somewhere in time they morphed from metal trays that went in the oven to plastic trays that go in the microwave and I think that took away part of the appeal of them for me. The next time I'm grocery shopping I am now wondering if anybody even sells the metal tray versions yet.

now wondering if anybody even sells the metal tray versions yet
TV Dinner Style Metal Serving Tray

Whether you're hosting a party, attending game night, or simply serving up dinner, this printed metal tray featuring a traditional TV dinner will make any food irresistible. Bringing out yummy consumables has never been so fun or started so many conversations. 15 1/2-inches long x 11-inches wide.

AU12279lg.jpg

I don't think you get the food - just the tray.
Usually leaves our warehouse in 1 full business day. Item Number: AU12279 Price: $8.99

img_jiffypop_hdr.png
This was another old-time favorite for movie night. Prior to this remarkable product, popcorn was made at home in a pot with a lid. I once popped some in a fry pan without a lid - Fun but messy. LOL
I bought two cases of this stuff and a hot plate for my deployment to Lebanon. I was a big hit with the troops on the beach when I filled the tent with the smell of popcorn. Luckily it was a peacetime deployment.

Taco-Flavored-Doritos.jpg

The first time I ever had Doritos you could only find one flavor - Taco Flavored.
My big sis used to put them in a bowl and we would have Doritos & Sour Creme dip with our 'Pop' while watching late night horror movies. We only drank 'Pop' on special occassions and during movie night.
Kool-aid was our main drink at that time.

During the 80's when my kids were young we would all gather in front of the TV/VCR on a blanket with Hot & Spicy Pork Rhinds and Cream Cheese dip.

Recently I did a movie night at my youngest son's house. He made mini pizzas using burrito wraps as the crust. From what I saw him do, it was very easy and tasted great.

I went to a theater a few years ago in Missouri that had their logo on the popcorn and drink containers that showed up in 3d when you wear the glasses. The theater sucked but I thought the logo idea was genius.

I don't think you get the food - just the tray.
I could see the trays as being useful for stuff like camping trips or similar situations where you might have a source of heat but no electric.

Jiffy Pop is something we did as kids but now these days microwave popcorn has taken over. My wife & I actually have two poppers at the house but they rarely see any action and act more as a novelty item to be used on occasion. The one type of popcorn that I really dislike though is pre-made popcorn in a bag (Cracker Jacks being the exception of course ;)). There is just something about cold pre-made popcorn that I don't like but, in honesty, it might be just a mental thing of having grown up with warm popcorn freshly made.

I've recently found my new favorite snack.

Sasquach XXL by Jack Links
hot_squatch_xxl_new__83702c.png

I also like the

Jack Links Meat Sticks

steaks-stripes_large.png

I haven't seen the Squatch branding yet. Different flavors from the normal Jack Links or same flavors but bigger size?

Bigger size I believe. Found them at walmart. I usually pay at the pump so I'm not sure if they are in gas stations or not. I also keep my trusty Slim Jims as a backup.
I prefer rabbit and turkey jerky homemade but haven't had that in awhile. Deer jerky is also good with movies but great white hunter I am not.
Down here, they have lots of gator meat. Been wanting to try some gator jerky but I think that is in Baton Rogue, LA and thats a 2 hr road trip. If I do find some I'll post on it and see if it can be shipped. If so, I'll include the ordering info and website. I know gator sausage is awesome, especially the hot cajun stuff.

Well, ya got me wondering so I had to look...

ej_guys_love_delicious_jerky_gifts__26944.1436997001.702.702.jpg

Safari Samples
  • 2oz Buffalo Trapper Style Jerky
  • 2oz Wild Boar Jerky
  • 1.5oz Alligator Jerky Singles
  • .75oz Kangaroo Jerky
  • .75oz Ostrich Jerky Blend
Delivered
It's your meat in an awesome cardboard box. Surprise, it's meat!
Jerky Gifts | Snack Gifts For Guys | Man Crates

Man Crates HQ
2694 Middlefield Road, Suite F
Redwood City, CA 94063

GetImage.ashx

Comeaux's Fresh Alligator Sausage
$15.99
anniversary-656x399.jpg

Buy Live Crawfish Online | Fresh Crawfish For Sale - Louisiana Crawfish Company

alligator-jerky-sticks_f.jpg

Description: Our gator sticks are made with a premium cut of alligator meat and a little beef. Our meat sticks are smoked to perfection over hickory wood. Alligator sticks are a gourmet lean and healthy meat snack.
Unit Size: 3 oz. (4 sticks)
Alligator

Back