Beta Fever (zOMg!!1!!2 I WaNt in BETa!!!1!!2)

I've just posted two myself. One's damned big. Bloody pressure to update it, too. *cough* "Beautiful People" aren't easy to- did he just eat my couch cushion. o.o Hey, give that back! *TUG*

I've just posted two myself. One's damned big. Bloody pressure to update it, too. *cough* "Beautiful People" aren't easy to- did he just eat my couch cushion. o.o Hey, give that back! *TUG*

Ugh, *looks at the state of the couch cushion* I think you'd be better off just getting a new one...

Hey, nifty- I downloaded that mod in one of its earlier incarnations quite some time ago. Heh, my mod was *dramatic pause* a house: "Island Spire" Heh, yeah, well we can't all be insanely awesome ;)2 I have no real editing/coding capabilities, but i'm pretty good at rehashing already existing things in new and creative ways.

(Back on Topic)

I can't envision myself playing any other games until HJ, whether I'm in the beta or not. I don't like to settle for second best, and nothing else out there interests me even half as much.

Yeah. Poor couch cushion... bet he'll have a tough time with all that cat hair down the throat, too. Hairball!

Eh, it's not awesomeness. It's just beating a bunch of stuff into working together, wiggling it around to make sure it works, then tossing it out to the unsuspecting public, beating off all the "omg i want everything ever in this make it happen" and the "make this totally unrelated thing for me now!" things, and answering "is it compatible with OOO" and "why do i have double eyes when i install another race mod like you expressly told me not to" for the millionth time...

:smiley:|

*cough*

Topic? What to- oh! Beta! Yeah... I'm just playing a few random games to pass the time until then, really. I won't be investing in any more MMOs outside of CoX until it comes out unless I hit terminal game withdrawl. I've been liking games due to specific systems/features/etc., but I like EVERYTHING about Hero's Journey, and less just isn't gonna cut it unless HJ dies. (God forbid)

Excuse me, but did anyone here fill out a survey for Simu about MMORPGs? I filled one out about a year ago, and it said that I was "guaranteed" a spot in Beta.

I know it was legitimate because this link was from the Hero's Journey website. Please, comments?

Well, I went to the HJ website and found the survey. It said it was only going to be there for a limited time, but the survey's still there and it was made in Mar. 2005 so i'm not sure if anyone who completes the survey still gets invited to play the beta version.
HJ news article of the survey
The survey itself

Well, I went to the HJ website and found the survey. It said it was only going to be there for a limited time, but the survey's still there and it was made in Mar. 2005 so i'm not sure if anyone who completes the survey still gets invited to play the beta version.
HJ news article of the survey
The survey itself

Well, since it says for a limited time, I don't know if you actually get into HJ beta from this, but since it says that everyone who takes it gets a spot in Beta, and the survey's still up, I guess that statement still stands.

I wonder if Simu will go the route of inviting guilds from other games into Beta, as the norm seems to be.

*crosses fingers*

I am more than excited to see this game in beta and sincerely hope to get in as well as everyone else. I may have to do some more reading but have there been any hints or estimates at all of when beta will occur? I am hoping its not going to be a year or something but can't change the weather.

Beta will happen... when it's ready to happen. At least, that's the current line being used. Apparently the HJ-GM teams are handcrafting every area, thus everything being a tad slow; the tradeoff is the extremely high quality of the work. Can't wait to see it in action and break it. My personal goal in Beta is to be responsible for at least ten server crashes, but they'd have to let me in early, hehe.

Back