Beta

Daax

Cadet
What are the chances of any of us getting into beta? Cuz that's all I can think of right now. Who's ass do I have to kiss to get into the beta around here?

Don't know, don't care. hehe I don't think I want in beta. I've waited too long for this game, I'd like it to be totally fresh when it hits gold. I trust their DR/GS and GM teams to test it well.

Actually, it says on the site who gets priority. And far as I know... beta hasn't started so sit back and watch the threads. ;)

I really want to get into beta because I'm tired of spending 50 bucks on a new hit MMORPG then another $15 a month just to find out it sucks. I want to play it before it hits the market so I can decided whether it sucks or not. Also so I can get bragging rights in front of my friends for getting into beta. :P

It's not known for sure when it is going to be released to beta, and who will be first to get in. I would gather Dev's and close family/friends... then next wave might possibly be those who Simu has had close talks with... that is, other GM friends and families... guildmasters that are part of their Hero's Council... *shrug* Only they (Simu) know who will get in and when they'll get the invites.

I know it's a long ways off, but keep your tongue from drooling too much, they might not want to offer a beta if there's a swamp of drool they need to wade across to get to you ;) hehehe

~ Jaraeth

Originally posted by Daax@May 14 2006, 10:16 PM
I really want to get into beta because I'm tired of spending 50 bucks on a new hit MMORPG then another $15 a month just to find out it sucks. I want to play it before it hits the market so I can decided whether it sucks or not.
Games usually "suck" during beta, though...unless it's the last few months of beta. They aren't finished, after all. That's the whole point of beta. :smiley: To make it "not suck". So I wouldn't do it for that reason if I were you. You'd might end up assuming the game was horrible and give up on it!

I'm in the same boat as Seeria. Every game I've beta tested I seemed to get burned out on before the trail period ends. Then games I havn't really beta tested I play for awhile and get alot out of. Could be different in HJ though with the Hero System handling the quests and all though.

...not to say I wouldn't turn down a Beta invite...by any means...ah felgercarb I just shot myself in the foot didn't I? :blink:

I agree that happened to me on a lot of games. The difference being they usually didn't have much to offer... During MxO beta I hit lvl 40 in no time cause of increased XP and then when the real game came out and i got in the day early and had to grind I just said screw it, Ive already done everything there is to do in this game. The reason being because the last game I played was pretty much the same deal. Im hoping that doesnt happen here... plus now I am back in school so hopefully I wont have the time to burn myself out if I get in..

Czi

My better half loves beta testing, but hates playing too much in the beta for that same reason Czi... So do I, which is why I really really hope I enjoy HJ, I don't want to be bored once it's gone gold. So far, I haven't found anything as remotely enjoyable as my friends and guild oin DAoC's and Anarchy Online.

I hope to make HJ my new home online hehe.

~ Jaraeth

Well there is our key! Many of us obviously get along well, we will have friends to adventure with as well. That will keep me coming back to any game. The people in DR (including staff) are why I never leave (sure there are the not-so-desirables that piss ya off, but youll never get away from that.) I think this board alone, and the people on it has already doubled my excitment to play. I can't imagine this wont be fun, it will definitely be uncharted territory that we get to explore in a way we never have before. Be optimistic! WOOHOO!

Czi - Hero's Hall Cheerleading Corps

Hero's Hall has already been gaurenteed beta invites for its members, staff, and for contests. I doubt I'll have enough beta invites to invite everyone on the forums, although I wish I could.

However, we will be holding contests in a vareity of ways. We'll have the generic artistic stuff, but we'll also be holding some really awsome games that everyone has a fair shot at, and not just those artistically talented. So everyone has the same chance. I'll try, and get as many as I can though :smiley:

Just stay active on the forums, show me you love the game, and would love to improve it. Don't forget, beta isn't just for pre-play. It's to help Simutronics polish it.

Originally posted by frostydf2@May 14 2006, 05:46 PM
Don't forget, beta isn't just for pre-play. It's to help Simutronics polish it.
Yeah, don't forget that beta is a job, not a game.

You play beta in order to help the devs make the game, not to get first crack at it ;)

True dat, It's not just get the game and play play play play play play.

Its play report, play think report, report think report play. or something like that.

Never been in a beta, so im excited! =)

Depends on each company... I played WoW in beta for a bit, and most of it was "play wherever you want, except these zones are off limits. Let us know of any bugs, kthxbye"... Whereas other games I've played in beta were "Please stick with us and attack this one mob. We are going to try and break it." or "Please do as many of the quests in this zone as possible. Please let us know of any spelling or grammatical errors, as well as odd issues such as an NPC not resuming a conversation if you close their text window during the quest giving process." etc etc.

It's fun and exciting and you get to play... stop, /report or /bug, and play some more.

I love finding bugs, gives me a sense of pride in a game that is stable and runs well.

~ Jaraeth

Originally posted by Daax@May 14 2006, 06:21 PM
when can we expect one of those contests frosty?
I would guess, probably when Simu gives Frosty some invites or some knowledge in advance of them giving him some, giving him time to come up with some and time to let the contests run.

~ Jaraeth

Back