Beta

Yes, I know it's a job. And I feel pride when I'm in a beta because I feel like I'm part of the team that helped make the game what is for others later on. But I'm also excited!!!! :lol:

Originally posted by Jaraeth+May 15 2006, 01:23 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jaraeth @ May 15 2006, 01:23 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Daax@May 14 2006, 06:21 PM
when can we expect one of those contests frosty?
I would guess, probably when Simu gives Frosty some invites or some knowledge in advance of them giving him some, giving him time to come up with some and time to let the contests run.

~ Jaraeth [/b][/quote]
Thats correct. Once Simutronics tells me how many beta-invites I'll be able to give out then I'll be letting you guys know, and the contests will become available :smiley:

I have mixed feelings on being in beta. WoW beta was fun, even early on. Vanguard beta is turning out to be dung on steroids. And the way I feel about HJ now is how I felt about Vanguard.

Really don't want to get let down again.

On the other hand, if it was offered to me, and I felt I could contribute to making a better game, I would be foolish to pass it up.

If it's an art contest. I've got you all beat. Feel the power of my stick figures!!!
hax.jpg

Originally posted by Daax@May 14 2006, 06:53 PM
If it's an art contest. I've got you all beat. Feel the power of my stick figures!!!
hax.jpg
<cocking one eyebrow up quizzically, Jaraeth shakes his head from side to side and snickers>

Already Jareth has fallen to the amazing power of my stick figures. He will be the first of many victims to fall prey to my art.

Daax you win a beta invite with that piece of artwork! Amazing!

However, Presto I believe that their are more then you just feeling that way. I've been let down my entire MMORPG career. Sorry to say it, but I've never really been attatched to a MMORPG yet.

I really hope they help the players focus their testing. Too many beta's are just marketing tools used to drum up Pre-Orders. I've played too many of those and people just complain things are broken and don't bug them. It is a waste. I hope Simu will avoid this as long as they can, but I will admit the free beta access with a Pre-Order is an attractive offer to possible players. But perhaps limit it to like a week. Make sure the Beta is truly finished first!

Czi

lol Daax... if you get into beta then I know the game is doomed. That type of creative artwork would destroy game.

I left Vanguard beta... It's run and operates even worse than Shadowbane beta did. EQ2 beta was run 10x better. I never tested for WoW and I find the game poor entertainment but darn good for teaching the five year olds in the neighborhood the basics of simiplistic design.

I'm looking forward to trying out Warhammer but the way their pvp is deisgned I'm prob not going to enjoy it (too GW and WoW like, not Daoc like at all). HJ is the only game with PvE that interests me... and maybe they're pvp (SIEGING!!!) will be my cup of tea.

Oh and Daax... you get into beta you better test hard and well or so help me I'll hunt you down and duct tape you to a toilet for the fun of it! :Ph34r:

Originally posted by Seeria@May 15 2006, 11:36 AM
lol Daax... if you get into beta then I know the game is doomed. That type of creative artwork would destroy game.

I left Vanguard beta... It's run and operates even worse than Shadowbane beta did. EQ2 beta was run 10x better. I never tested for WoW and I find the game poor entertainment but darn good for teaching the five year olds in the neighborhood the basics of simiplistic design.

I'm looking forward to trying out Warhammer but the way their pvp is deisgned I'm prob not going to enjoy it (too GW and WoW like, not Daoc like at all). HJ is the only game with PvE that interests me... and maybe they're pvp (SIEGING!!!) will be my cup of tea.

Oh and Daax... you get into beta you better test hard and well or so help me I'll hunt you down and duct tape you to a toilet for the fun of it! :Ph34r:
I'll have to agree with almost everything you said. WoW PvP was just flawed. DaoC did a great job with PvP, and was very entertaining. However, Warhammer Online does offer some intrest in my PvP hopes.

Hopefully, Hero's Journey will come through on the PvP scale.

I think the beta will be awesome! Look at it this way, you get a chance to guide and fine-tune the development of the game. Go through the trials and tribulations (and we all know there can be lots of them) and so on. But mostly it's fun, sometimes frustrating but in the end we, the players, help build a better game!

I'm thinking of raising Beta's... they're sooo purty... They even come with their own PvP so you can sit back and watch. Of course, raising them I wouldn't want to do that.

Huh? wha? Ohhhhhh... right, that's Betta, not Beta. I like those beta's too. Never you mind then. Move along. Move along.

... Seeria, whether I scare you or not, I have to agree with you :P I like DAoC's PvP, even if I never killed anyone cuz I played on Gaheris (Any other server is like a 1/3 of the game!). Shadowbane beta was sweet... the community was nice, then came the griefers right out of the gate at release :angry: I'm not in the game for the PvP, since I'm a true PvE'er... but, I'm hoping it has the best of both!

~ Jaraeth

Originally posted by Daax@May 16 2006, 11:00 PM
When it comes to PVP I get really competitve. I have to be best or else...

yes, I'm kinda sad.
Same here. I'm hardcore PvP, and every game in if I don't dominate I get upset. I don't just want to show poeple how fast I can kill a mob, I want to show how fast I can go 4vs1, and win.

Back