• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Needs more work

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Amber GGDxx

John's sweet charade
Chapter 1
The sun was shining so bright it almost blinded me. I had just recently moved from my home town Brighton, England to New York, Buffalo. I moved because my mum and dad split up and I moved with my mum and my younger brother here. Buffalo was a lot different than England because it rained most days. I didn't really want to move because of my friends and my school. But I had a choice and I decided to move with my mum for a fresh start. But I stared regretting I carried the last the boxes from the car into the house, and looked around. It was quite a big house, bigger for the three of us. My room is bigger than my old one. But at the moment I could hardly move the room was full of boxes piled high. I removed my phone from my pocket and earphones, lied onto my bed and closed my eyes.
"May, come down please” shouted my mum."MAY"
"Coming" I replied annoyed having to pause my music.
I walked down the stairs, dizzy from staying up too fast.
"Can you pop to the shops for me please; to get some milk and you can get yourself a magazine with the change “mum said handing me £3 from her purse.
"Okay and thanks “I said grabbing my shoes from the porch.
When I opened the door the warm air hit me I still needed to get used to the heat. At least it's better than rain I thought.
The shops were only just down the road. I had my music on full volume. The shop was nearly empty apart from a boy with red long hair looking at the energy drinks. I walked up to the fridge still with my music on. I picked up a medium bottle from the back (lasts longer because they put the earliest dates at the front). And made my way to the magazines. I went to pick up a magazine off the shelve and all of them fell to the floor surrounding my feet. I swore under my breath. As I bent down to pick them up and another hand went to pick them up. I slowly stood up to see the hand it belonged to. It was the boy with red hair. He placed them on the shelve and I took my earphones out.
"Thanks" I said blushing.
"No problem. Happens to me all the time" He said laughing.
I smiled and stared into his blue eyes. He was so gorgeous. Oh my god i can’t believe he is talking to me.
"So are you new around here?" He asked.
"Yes just moved in, down the road" I said trying to act cool and casual.
"Wow I live down the road number 45" He said walking to the till.
"I live at 47, so we live next door" I said smiling.
I walked up to the till and paid for the milk and magazine. And followed him out of the shop.
"So where did you use to live?" He asked.
"Brighton, England" I answered checking the time.
"Wow! That's really far away why did you move so far away?" He asked looking at me.
"Long story. But basically my mum and dad split up and I decided to move with my mum because I wanted a fresh start “I asked not regretting moving any more.
"Oh. So you just live with your mum do you have any siblings?" He asked opening his can of energy drink and taking a large gulp.
"Yeah and my brother you?" I asked sorting my hair out, the wind had messed it up.
"4 sisters. And my mum and my dad are dead."He said looking at his feet.
"Oh. I am sorry who looks after you then?" I asked feeling bad about asking.
"My older sisters look after me I am the youngest. And don't be sorry it's not your fault." He said taking a last gulp of his drink.
"Okay" I said reaching for my keys.
"We are here. Oh yeah I didn't catch your name? My name is John by the way" He said reaching for his keys.
"My name is May I said walking towards my house.
"Okay see you tomorrow “He said walking to his door.
"Okay yeah see you tomorrow “I said putting in the key in the door and waving.
"Why are you so happy? Meet anyone nice?" My mum asked handing her the milk and leftover change.
"Yeah you can say that" I said walking up the stairs with a big smile on my face.
I love this place!

FanFic is not a genre I normally read (I am definitely not the target audience for them :cautious:) but I do encourage everybody to use their imagination in creative ways and writing is a great way of doing that! (y)

Back