Better Than Me

Title: Better Than Me
Summary: -not ready to let go-
Song: “Better Than Me” by Hinder

The wind rustled the leaves in a nearby tree on that cool autumn morning. Only a year had passed, but so much had happened. He stood there, flowers in hand, not ready to let them go yet.

Not ready to let her go yet.

I think you can do much better than me
After all the lies that I made you believe
Guilt kicks in and I start to see
The edge of the bed
Where your nightgown used to be
I told myself I won't miss you
But I remembered
What it feels like beside you

“Syd, honey, I’m home.” Michael called when he entered their apartment after returning from a long day of work. He set his briefcase by the door and took off his coat, hanging it on the coat tree by the door. It had been a long day full of phone calls, angry clients, and small mishaps that made him to feel relieved to be home.

“Syd?” He called again when he got no answer to the first one. He turned the corner into the dinning room, finding her with her head down at the dinner table. “What’s wrong?” He asked.

“What’s wrong? What’s WRONG?!” Sydney yelled, throwing her hands in the air and standing from her chair. “Where have you been Michael?!”

“I was at work, why are you so fussy?” Michael asked, irritated that she was yelling at him. He didn’t want to fight. He was tired from work and all he wanted to do was sit down to a nice, quiet dinner with her.

“God, Michael, I can’t believe you.” Sydney hissed, her tone clearly telling him she was angry. “Did you not remember about dinner tonight?”

“I’m sorry, I completely forgot.” Michael apologized, taking a step towards her. She backed away, not forgiving him.

“Do you not listen when I talk? I told you at least eight times to be home by seven.”

“It slipped my mind. I had a bad day at work…” Michael tried to tell her why he had been so foolish.

“It’s Thanksgiving! How can you forget Thanksgiving!” She cried, hurt visible in her eyes. He hated making her mad, but it was even worse to see her in pain. Especially if he had caused the pain.

I really miss your hair in my face
And the way your innocence tastes
And I think you should know this
You deserve much better than me

“Syd, I’m here now, can’t we just eat now?” Michael pinched the bridge of his nose. He could feel a headache forming from all the screaming and yelling.

“No.” Sydney crossed her arms over her chest. “It’s cold.”

“Can’t you heat it up?”

“Do I look like a maid?!” Sydney said, glaring at him. “If you had been home, we wouldn’t even have this problem!”

“I’m sorry I was out making money while you can’t.” He replied sarcastically. He knew she had quit her job so they could try to start a family. He knew he shouldn’t have brought it up, but he was getting irritated by her unwillingness to try to fix the problem.

“I can’t believe you…” Sydney stared at him, shocked he would bring that up. “You know what? I don’t wanna talk to you anymore.” She started to leave the room.

“Fine.” Michael retorted.

“Ugh!” Sydney fumed, stomping out of the dining room and into the hallway. “I can’t stand you!”

“Well, same to you.” Michael reciprocated as she grabbed her coat and car keys, leaving the house with tear-stained cheeks.

While looking through your old box of notes
I found those pictures I took
That you were looking for
If there's one memory I don't want to lose
That time at the mall
You and me in the dressing room
I told myself I won't miss you
But I remembered
What it feels like beside you

She purposefully slammed the door of the car, wanting to make noise. She put the keys in the engine as she wiped her tears away with the back of her hand. Starting up the car, she pulled out of the driveway.

Making a left out of their street, she failed to notice the other car speeding towards her.

The bed I'm lying in is getting colder
Wish I never would've said it's over
And I can't pretend that I won't think about you when I'm older
Cause we never really had our closure
This can't be the end

They said she didn’t feel anything. They said she didn’t even have time to react. They said she died instantly.

What they didn’t say was he would miss her so much he wouldn’t want to live. They didn’t say he’d want to burn her pictures, just to forget the pain. They didn’t say he would drink himself into depression.

I really miss your hair in my face
And the way your innocence tastes
And I think you should know this

Everyday he missed her. Everyday he wished he could do it all over again. Everyday he couldn’t help but ache for her.

Feeling a chill through his jacket, he decided it was time to leave. He knelt down before the headstone, laying the flowers before it and gently tracing the carved letters.

He would never forget her.

{Fin}

Thanks For Reading!!
if you want to be added to my master pm list for new stuff, just say so and i'll add you.
MASTER PM LIST v
benzmine
meghanlyn85
Lovygirl
freelancer79
Syd_ Vaughn
ASIOagent
texasalias2004
Phoenixwannabe
blknight
KAliasGirl
aliasfan212
secret_agent_angel
scullymulder1234
maddy28
Bubbles
Lor_Aliasfan47
Nancy O
fire*N*ice
frangipani
vaughnshoney

smartgirl2004
Lost soul
Chicketepee
Catpin
aprilsfool6
Faye Vaughn
SydneyVaughn47
Prediction 47
Queen of hearts
ashqua
Dangermouse
ALIAS_chick
gregstar
superspy
tubby
luckylass
Crazy for Alias
sydneymicheal
MH55995
BrownEyedGirl

newyorkaise
Sarahmañana
cookiemonster
SpygirlAmy
wiseman
Jen-Jen
stella1
Vaughn-a-holic!439
syd26
funkymonkey
Jellybean
Kate_14
Faela
grassyass
burgandypegasus
tunita
jadeygirl
shotput25ash
vaughnroxmysox
blue_bird

ReedCordial bandit
Wild_Child
fox_canada
alias=mylife26
Lily Ella
LittleNicky
Aliaschick347
secretfriend220
twinkley_angel
SydneyVaughn47
aussie_chic
sheheartsvaughn
SYD96
berry_kyoote_spy88
sparklingrainbow
Ms.MichaelVaughn
anji_alias
vartan-lova
invisible
mnkdance963

gtwallichs
Donniegirl
one&only44
icaughtmeasark
littleangel
shelley g.
krzykty57789
alias79

HOLY DEPRESSING STORY!!! (n)
-That was soo sad!! I can't believe you killed her...on thanksgiving...and after a fight when they left things all bad between them!!!!
-But very well written!!!! :D
Thanks for the pm!!!

Well that was depressing and sad... but sooooooooooo good

WOW... :blink: I'm impressed girl... :P

Keep those PMs coming LOL....

PS. I don't like when people kill off Syd or Vaughn, but they're usually such good one parters! It's good it's only a one parter otherwise I'd :thud:

Everyday he missed her. Everyday he wished he could do it all over again. Everyday he couldn’t help but ache for her.

Aww that was so sad. . .And so sweet in a heartbroken sort of way. . .
I really loved it.
P.S i'd like to be added. . . .

What they didn’t say was he would miss her so much he wouldn’t want to live. They didn’t say he’d want to burn her pictures, just to forget the pain. They didn’t say he would drink himself into depression.
aww thats sooo sad (n) (n)
could you add me to the master pm list please??
thanks
-laura

Saaaaaaaad. I can't imagine how hard it must be for someone you love to die right after a fight with you.

Back