BETTER UNDEAD

zombone

Cadet
I'm just going to throw the link on here and the blurb. Give it a read sometime it's very funny and looks to be setting up an awesome series. Also, I added Zoglo on Facebook and he seems like a pretty chill guy.

Better Undead #1

Kevin Macauley shouldn’t have hit that physical therapist. Ousted from his hospital job, rejected by his crush, and five hundred miles from his mom’s washing machine, he’s doing occupational therapy in the only facility that will take him - Reanimated Rehabilitation in Moon Park, Pennsylvania. The patients are undead. The staff are unhappy. And Kevin’s still figuring out how to download games on the office computer.

In this issue, Kevin runs into trouble when he’s paired with Ron, a country crooning zombie on the lookout for love. When he finds it in the frozen foods aisle, what’s an OT to do? With a little help from the resident art therapist, a lot of luck, and a frozen pizza, Kevin begins to understand what it takes to make a living at a treatment facility for the undead.

Better Undead isn’t your typical zombie series. The heroes don’t carry shotguns or loot abandoned malls (but Kevin dreams about it sometimes.) The outbreak happened years ago, zombies are just a fact of life, and their long-term care is the career of the future. This is a story of everyday survival - of living through your 8 to 5, of co-workers who become allies, friends, and arch nemeses, of zombies you wouldn’t want to touch but might want to hug. It’s funny, it’s irreverent, and it’s full of heart.

Look for new issues of Better Undead each month!

Better Undead #1 - Kindle edition by Zoglo the Outlaw, Miranda Crow. Literature & Fiction Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

(n) Personally, I don't like zombie stories. As Mr. Spock said, "I've been dead before." So have I, and I didn't walk around until I became NORMAL again the next day. It was like being asleep under anasthesia. :cool::cool: My doctor said that I haven't "eaten his brains yet". :tinfoilhat::tinfoilhat::mirelly:

I would definitely consider this more a human story than a zombie story. It may not even fit specifically in the sci-fi realm, but I just think it was a very well written tale and I'm excited to see what happens next.

The premise, of life going on as usual after the Zombie outbreak, made me think of the TV series In The Flesh that recently aired in the UK and the ending of Shaun of the Dead. Zombies, life goes on. :coffee:
I would definitely consider this more a human story than a zombie story. It may not even fit specifically in the sci-fi realm, but I just think it was a very well written tale and I'm excited to see what happens next.
Don't worry about it fitting into the sci-fi realm or any other genre, we love books of all kinds & types around here. ;)

Back