Sci-Fi Beyond White Space (2018)

Tom

An Old Friend
Title: Beyond White Space

Genre: Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Ken Locsmandi

Cast: Holt McCallany, Zulay Henao, Dave Sheridan, James Devoti, Kodi Kitchen, Spencer Hill, Tiffany Brouwer, Ron Yuan

Release: 2018-12-14

Runtime: 93

Plot: When a deep space fishing vessel is robbed by a gang of pirates, the Captain makes a daring decision to go after a rare and nearly extinct species. His obsession propels them further into space as the crew spins toward mutiny and betrayal.
Beyond White Space (2018)

Beyond White Space (2018)

1h 33min | Sci-Fi, Thriller | 14 December 2018 (USA)

Director:
Ken Locsmandi

Writers:
Ryan Colucci, Clay McLeod Chapman

Stars:
Holt McCallany, Zulay Henao, Dave Sheridan

2150 A.D. The Essex, a deep space fishing vessel for industry giant, AmberCorp, is ready to make its final harvest of the season. The ship brushes with a rare creature, mammoth in size and highly territorial. Could this be the same leviathan that killed Richard and Owen's father? To make matters worse, a vicious band of scavengers intercept the transmission and infiltrate the Essex, leaving them with nothing. With no cargo and few supplies, the captain makes a daring decision, they will venture into uncharted territory, playing for keeps, to capture the creature for a large black market take.

Don't let the trailer fool you. This film is just a 'touch' better quality than a Syfy Original.
I've watched this 3 times just to make sure I didn't miss something but nah, I didn't.
Its a MobyDick in space story, basically.
(and not even a good one of those, imo)
I think they put all the best bits in the trailer.
While I do enjoy a Syfy Original every once in awhile and I know a few people that like them, I found the film more or less pretty boring and uneventful.

Yawn
Something was "off" about it?
Some will like it and others will just shut it off.
Nothing special...