Animation Big Hero 6 (2014)

Alien Soup

Head Chef
Title: Big Hero 6

Tagline: From the creators of Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen.

Genre: Adventure, Family, Animation, Action, Comedy

Director: Chris Williams, Don Hall

Cast: Scott Adsit, Ryan Potter, Daniel Henney, T.J. Miller, Jamie Chung, Damon Wayans Jr., Génesis Rodríguez, James Cromwell, Alan Tudyk, Maya Rudolph, Abraham Benrubi, Katie Lowes, Billy Bush, Daniel Gerson, Paul Briggs, Charlie Adler, Marcella Lentz-Pope, David Shaughnessy, Cam Clarke, Nicholas Guest, Terri Douglas, Tim Mertens, Yuri Lowenthal, Sundra Oakley, Brian R. Norris, Stan Lee, Shane Sweet, Frank Welker, David Cowgill, Kirk Baily, Charlotte Gulezian, Reed Buck, Roy Conli, Cooper Cowgill, Jackie Gonneau, Marlie Crisafulli, Bridget Hoffman, Kelly Hoover, Leah Latham, James Taku Leung, Yumi Mizui, Michael Powers, Lynwood Robinson, Josie Trinidad, Daniel Howell, June Christopher, Phil Lester

Release: 2014-10-24

Runtime: 102

Plot: A special bond develops between plus-sized inflatable robot Baymax, and prodigy Hiro Hamada, who team up with a group of friends to form a band of high-tech heroes.
Big Hero 6 (2014)

Scheduled for release November 7, 2014, Big Hero 6 is inspired by the Marvel comics superhero team. From Walt Disney Animation Studios, the animated movie is an action-comedy adventure about robotics genius Hiro Hamada. Hiro finds himself in the middle of a criminal plot that threatens to destroy the high-tech city of San Fransokyo. With the help of his companion, Baymax, a robot he created, Hiro joins forces with a reluctant team of first-time crime fighters on a mission to save their city. The characters from the movie made their debut at Marvel in 1998.

A teaser preview has been released.

Big Hero 6 has been given a release date of November 7, 2014. A new trailer has been releases showing Hiro trying to get Baymax into a suit of armor to varying degrees of success.

I haven't had a chance to watch the trailer yet, but this movie could be a lot of fun. I think Marvel branching into the 3D animated films is something that's been coming since their acquisition by Disney.

Woohoo, my Netflix DVD of Big Hero 6 is waiting for me at the house!
I enjoyed this one, though I have been on a bit of an animation & anime kick lately. The animation style was unlike other Disney/Pixar animated movies and it kept me entertained. Baymax was cute and I can see why there were so many marketing tie-ins back when this movie was first released. If you watch it on DVD be sure to stick around for the post-credits scene with Stan Lee.

Disney on working on a TV series sequel to the movie to be aired on their Disney channel in 2017; hopefully they'll retain the same style of graphics.