Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Animation Big Hero 6 (Disney/Marvel)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Alien Soup, May 10, 2013.

1. Alien Soup

Alien Soup Head Chef

Scheduled for release November 7, 2014, Big Hero 6 is inspired by the Marvel comics superhero team. From Walt Disney Animation Studios, the animated movie is an action-comedy adventure about robotics genius Hiro Hamada. Hiro finds himself in the middle of a criminal plot that threatens to destroy the high-tech city of San Fransokyo. With the help of his companion, Baymax, a robot he created, Hiro joins forces with a reluctant team of first-time crime fighters on a mission to save their city. The characters from the movie made their debut at Marvel in 1998.

A teaser preview has been released.

2. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

Big Hero 6 has been given a release date of November 7, 2014. A new trailer has been releases showing Hiro trying to get Baymax into a suit of armor to varying degrees of success.

3. Jetshroom

Jetshroom Rocket Ranger

I haven't had a chance to watch the trailer yet, but this movie could be a lot of fun. I think Marvel branching into the 3D animated films is something that's been coming since their acquisition by Disney.

4. Kevin

The first US trailer has been released. OK... I'll be watching this. :D

5. Biorider

Biorider Ensign

Interesting. This is a break from the usual superhero fare that Marvel/Disney churns out.

6. Kevin

Woohoo, my Netflix DVD of Big Hero 6 is waiting for me at the house!

I know what I'll be watching this weekend. :pbj:

7. Kevin

I enjoyed this one, though I have been on a bit of an animation & anime kick lately. The animation style was unlike other Disney/Pixar animated movies and it kept me entertained. Baymax was cute and I can see why there were so many marketing tie-ins back when this movie was first released. If you watch it on DVD be sure to stick around for the post-credits scene with Stan Lee.

Disney on working on a TV series sequel to the movie to be aired on their Disney channel in 2017; hopefully they'll retain the same style of graphics.

8. Tom

Tom An Old Friend