Well, now that it's pretty sure that Syd's sister's father is Sloane, not Bill Vaughn, this doesn't really matter, but I want to clarify anyways.california said:How is this sick??? Vaughn has completely different parents from Sydney, they never lived together as siblings--there is no incest taboo going on here. Sharing a half-sibling is not the same as being related!Existentialist said:If they end up having this new sister be Irina and Bill Vaughn's, that's the end of the show for me. 'Cause the implications for Syd and Vaughn are therefore sick.
Oh, my Gosh, I just post my post (without reading anyone ones post--I came in because of the title) and start reading; I then came across YOUR post! It's almost like mine! I thought people would yell at me for writing what I just did but... I can't believe some one else feels the way I do!Vaughnlovesonlysyd said:A sister? I'm sorry...but I don't like it. Why? Let me tell you.
1. They already under-use so many of the great characters they have...why introduce more? Let's hear more about Dixon (and I know tomorrow's epi is Dixon-centric) and Marshall. Hell let's see more Jack before we add a spy sis.
2. I don't want a Bill Vaughn connection. I don't believe for a second the connection is biological BUT I just feel like Vaughn's attention will be pulled away from Syd if there is this new person with links to his beloved dad.
3. A surprise sis somehow detracts from the Syd-Irina relationship...at least for me it does. Especially if it turns out that during the almost 30 years Irina was out of contact with Syd...she was lovingly raising another daughter.
4. I just don't like anything taking away from the speical uniqueness of Syd
5. I must rather it play out that Sloane truly believes he is Syd's dad but then gets crushed by Irina...that's more interesting to me then bringing for a sister
6. I could accept it easier if Lauren were the sib (then a whole new person showing up) or if the sib is Sark (and this sister stuff is just a mislead)
I'm done belly-aching