Season 4 Bill Vaughn

Actually I can sympathize with the not wanting people to come back from the dead camp, however.....we never saw a body, we never saw him die, and he was never a character on the show. So I think it would be totally interesting to have him still alive and even more so if he actually was working with Irina. Vaughn would no longer need to feel conflicted about the love of his life's mom killing his dad! :angelic:

Of course I still need answers about that whole hit on Sydneys life! :angry: I am so in Denial!!!!

I'm thinking that BV was definitely alive after 1979 and I actually think he might still be alive. What we have learned in the past has led us to believe that Bill aka Spy Dad Vaughn may have been a Rambaldi follower. So many Spy Dads to keep track of these days huh? Cracks me up. Anyway, maybe Irina knew Spy Dad Vaughn was trying to protect Nadia. Who knows, right? We never did figure out what she meant with her whole "truth takes time," message that she kept giving to Syd. Maybe she was trying to protect Nadia and Syd too. Maybe Spy Dad Vaughn was somehow captured or something and maybe he is the key to unraveling this whole Rambaldi Spy Sisters going to battle thing. Maybe Irina sent Rosemary to lead M Vaughn straight to the diary so that he can go to find his father. Any way I look at it, it doesn't seem possible that Spy mom is dead, not to mention Spy dad Bill Vaughn. Those two are so alive. I'm thinking that neither of them is truly bad. Then we could have one big happy spy family reunion. Can you imagine?

Some interesting theories. We know from Brill in season 3, though, that Bill Vaughn was involved with Rambaldi, more specifically because he was trying to protect Nadia, the passenger. Irina killed Bill Vaughn because he took Nadia away from her and her experiments in Russia. That is how Nadia ended up in Argentina.
I definitely knew right away that Rosemary was definitely not the real nurse, as soon as she gave Vaughn that package. But question, why then did she mention Bill so much? Did Vaughn's uncle really talk about Bill or did she just make that up? Why?
I am tending to think that the journal is real, that it is Bill Vaughn's, but that he is dead. I agree that Irina might somehow be behind all this; she may have gotten a hold of his journal when she killed him. Also, we do know that Sloane and Jack are up to something, but we do not know what? Could they be behind it?

I think it would be cool, and it seems like the characters they bring back from the dead are by far the most interesting. I mean, Irina was supposed to be dead, and she ends up being one of the best liked characters. Hmm, now if only Lauren was somehow brought back, then everything would be great!

Maybe Bill Vaughn was the head of the Covenant. I guess we need to wait until next week to find out, but I bet we wont get anything concrete about this until the season finale, this is alias after all.

mystery_chick said:
So bitter. :P
:nonono: wtf?! :lol: umm.. no. Vaughn will not kill himself. or might just go kill someone who's writing the script. :hmm:
--Mandy :angelic:
[post="1251561"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
*guffaw* Oh Manders, darling. You crack me up. In a good way! :smiley: Love ya.

Nayks said:
I don't want bill to be alive ( anyone with me ? )
so exhibit A of his dead :  Irina telling vaughn :  how do you say thank you to the women who kill your father ? , so i hope the only thing we got wrong about that was the date.  Not much, ah ? 

I find it funny how we think everything is FAKE FAKE FAKE....
we are soooooo paranoid !
[post="1251688"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I am with you soooo so much. Because I can't stand predictable unpredictability -- like we're not supposed to know he's alive, but OMGZZZ! He's SO ALIVE! BET YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING!!!

<_< Give us some credit, please, dear *coughevilcough* writers.

Also? People don't just pretend to be dead for like, oh... I dunno... 3/4 of their son's life and then suddenly appear coz some ancient philosopher guy who only a few people believe in -- and those people are real, tangible freaks -- somewhere wrote that it "must be so." Or whatever. That Bill's a follower... So he had to hide. I honestly care nothing for whatever kind of explanation JJ or whoever writes it gives for Bill's reappearance after so long (try all of Vaughn's life?). It won't be acceptable.

Yeah so stating the obvious... Vaughn's dad was working with Irina!

Heeey I recognized one of those equations, I think it's in my math book. :hmm:

Leslie said:
Gahh! :doh: Is everyone coming back from the dead now? *sigh*

Ooh! I know! Lets have Irina be Vaughn's mom! Or better yet, Jack AKA BILL VAUGHN is his dad! :lol:
[post="1251541"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

YES!! and then NADIA can be jack's daughter too and weiss jacks son - because clearly irina and jack dont have enough problems already!!!

SkyGirl5 said:
OH YES THE DAY HAS COME
hahah he is soo alive!!!

but was vaughn set up by the nurse?  i think he was
what abou tyou?

and what about the notebook? dated till 1982 does that mean bill died then
and what about the notes themselves? Rambaldi? perhaps...

discuss...
[post="1251451"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think that Bill's still alive, but does he have a connection to Nadia still? Remember in Season three we found out that he was protecting the passenger (nadia). I wonder if Nadia knows him ?

Also? People don't just pretend to be dead for like, oh... I dunno... 3/4 of their son's life and then suddenly appear coz some ancient philosopher guy who only a few people believe in -- and those people are real, tangible freaks -- somewhere wrote that it "must be so." Or whatever. That Bill's a follower... So he had to hide. I honestly care nothing for whatever kind of explanation JJ or whoever writes it gives for Bill's reappearance after so long (try all of Vaughn's life?). It won't be acceptable

Though not a big opponent of Bill being alive, this has merit. I mean for Vaughn's sake it would be better that he died, because really what does it say about him as a father? That is pretty harsh to bail out on your family for some 15th century loon! Unless, Irina REALLY got around and Nadia was actually his, so he did it to protect his daughter! :P

the question here isn't just about whether his dad is alive or dead - the quesiton is :

-what is in the diary?
-who wants vuaghn to have the diary and why?
-did his father wrtie in the diary - ie did he live longer than vaughn has been led to believe? (ok is he still alive can go here - but if he is alive wouldnt that guy Brill have known :thinking: and if bill is alive - how is this gonna affect nadia - bearing in mind Bill was supposed to be her protector?

ooh lots of interesting stuff here actually :smiley: i cannot wait until vaughn returns to LA next week and cosies up woth sydney to tell her all about the diary :smiley: :blush: i used to love their little rogue missions to learn stuff.

oh and another thing - since when do we refer to vaughn as mike :blink:

freelancer7 said:
Vaughn would no longer need to feel conflicted about the love of his life's mom killing his dad! :angelic:
[post="1251698"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yes, because lack of conflict is soooo fascinating :woot:---or not. :yawn:

(I'm sorry . . . I can be really bad with sarcasm . . . :blush: )

I'm not a big proponent of Bill Vaughn being alive . . . we've got enough of them rattling around, thanks. We already knew that Vaughn made it through past 81, when Irina disappeared--that's what Brill told us. The story is that he rescued the baby, but that Irina tracked him down and took the baby from him, killing him in the process. I like that story and I hope they stick with it. If they somehow have Irina convert him on the spot, fake his death, and take him into hiding for 20+ years? . . . Kinda deflates the power of the moment, y'know? <_<

oh good call verdy - ifthe timeline allowed him to be alive up to 1981 erm why did vaughn not realise that if thats what brill said. :thinking:

freelancer7 said:
And I wonder who Rosemary represented?
[post="1251670"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

My theory. Bill Vaughn didn't die, but CIA put him in protective custody to continue his Rambaldi work, and protect his family. Bill agrees, because he doesn't want any harm to come to his family, and thinks his brother's going to look after his family. Someone (Irina? Sloane? Alliance? Covenant?) realizes that Bill is alive, and sets up Vaughn to start asking questions. Or Bill realizes that his brother has not looked after his family, and is knee-deep in Rambaldi felgercarb, working for the 'bad guys'. He plants the key/diary to tip off Vaughn.

Either way, I think the Uncle's a pawn... means to an end. Maybe even poisoned to look like he had a stroke. Rosemary was a plant by someone (Irina? Sloane? Alliance? Covenant? Bill?) to make sure Vaughn gets the key/diary and starts asking questions. Mostly, I just don't want Bill to be bad.

I betcha he's still alive... More drama that way... more so than 'Bill died in 1982 instead of 1979'. Either way, I think it's a good move tying Vaughn into this mess. Gives him more of a role in the eventual Rambaldi showdown than just Syd's cheerleader/protector.

Leslie said:
Gahh! :doh: Is everyone coming back from the dead now? *sigh*

[post="1251541"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Syd: She's [Anna] supposed to be dead.
Jack: So are a lot of people.

Ya think the CIA knew all along?

For a second, I started thinking maybe it's not a coincidence that the CIA had Vaughn be Syd's handler while at SD-6?

Veritas said:
Either way, I think the Uncle's a pawn... means to an end.  Maybe even poisoned to look like he had a stroke.  Rosemary was a plant by someone (Irina? Sloane?  Alliance? Covenant? Bill?) to make sure Vaughn gets the key/diary and starts asking questions.  Mostly, I just don't want Bill to be bad.
[post="1252013"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Why not Brill? Why would these other guys want Vaughn involved? Brill's pulled him in before. Maybe he thinks it didn't take well enough and is pulling the string again. And then there's Brill's connection with Jack . . . so maybe it's ultimately Jack who wants him asking questions . . . :confused:

First, let me just say that I was seriously annoyed with myself that I didn't figure out that Rosemary was a plant. Stupid me! I have no idea who she's working for. I do agree that the Uncle was probably poisoned or something. I don't think the stroke was natural. Someone wanted Vaughn there.

I'm assuming that Bill Vaughn is alive because who really cares if he died in '82? It would be more suspenseful if he was still alive, because then Vaughn would be really upset with his dad. I tend to lean more towards Bill Vaughn not being the great guy we thought he was - whether that means he's evil, I don't know yet.

Given the taste of what we got last night, I don't think that Vaughn's going to have a great year. At least he and Syd have patched things up.

Is Vaughn back next week? I thought he was going off to do his own thing - looking for information on his father.

verdantheart said:
Yes, because lack of conflict is soooo fascinating :woot:---or not. :yawn:

(I'm sorry . . . I can be really bad with sarcasm . . . :blush: )

I'm not a big proponent of Bill Vaughn being alive . . . we've got enough of them rattling around, thanks. We already knew that Vaughn made it through past 81, when Irina disappeared--that's what Brill told us. The story is that he rescued the baby, but that Irina tracked him down and took the baby from him, killing him in the process. I like that story and I hope they stick with it. If they somehow have Irina convert him on the spot, fake his death, and take him into hiding for 20+ years? . . . Kinda deflates the power of the moment, y'know? <_<
[post="1251996"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
It's a good thing one of us remembers all these details... I completely forgot all that stuff Brill told Vaughn (not that I was paying much attention at the time..). Very good call, Verdy. (y)

Back