BioPunks Kickstarter Campaign

Hello all!
I have spent the past six months of this year working on my first feature film, BioPunks. It's a character driven sci-fi/action flick that is inspired by a lot of my favorite films within those genres. I have launched a Kickstarter campaign starting January 1st, 2016 to shoot the first 10 pages of my script. Upon being successfully funded, I will use this opening sequence as part of my "pitch package" to then present to studios and potential investors interested in making the full length feature a reality!
If I have already peaked your interest here is my Kickstarter link! - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/royceadkins/biopunks-sci-fi-film, If I haven’t convinced you quite yet, keep reading for more info!
BioPunks Logline:
Three individuals who unexpectedly gain enhanced abilities from undergoing an exclusive clinical trial designed to cure their neurological disabilities, must come together to destroy an unrelenting force bent on harnessing the source of their power for his own twisted agenda.
Kickstarter
For those who don't know, Kickstarter.com is a popular crowdfunding platform where people go to create and fund personal projects. You set how much money you want to raise and people all over the world can donate to help make your project a reality through the website. The creator offers a variety of fun and cool rewards for backers based on how much they contribute to the campaign. Many filmmakers, popular and unknown, have been using Kickstarter to fund their projects for the past couple years now. Seeing their success inspired me to do the same.
Here's where you come in.
My goal is to raise $20,000 to properly shoot the introductory sequence of my script. I launched my Kickstarter campaign on January 1st, 2016. From that point I had 30 days to reach my goal. Now here's the catch. If I don't raise exactly $20,000 by the end of my 30 days, I get nothing. That's right. NOTHING! It's scary but exciting at the same time! The good news is we are 7 days into our campaign, and we have raised slightly over 20% of our funding!
If you were able to donate anything you have towards my goal, that would be amazing! If you know anyone else who you feel would be interested in this film and sent them the link, that would also be amazing! If you don't feel like doing any of those things, that would not be as amazing but I would still appreciate you for taking the time to read this far!
Okay, if I have now successfully convinced you to back my project, here is the link! - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/royceadkins/biopunks-sci-fi-film. If not yet, geez you are a tough one, I got more for you keep reading!
Here's more info about the script.
BioPunks Description
BioPunks
takes place in a present day world where our three heroes, Kaden, Nya, and Otto, have undergone an experimental procedure as part of a new clinical trial called The Restore Program. The Restore Program was created and funded by leading neurological research company, E.R.A. Incorporated, who endeavored to cure individuals suffering from neurological disorders like spinal injuries, weak muscles, autism, etc. The procedure bypasses their own nervous system, replacing it with an artificial nervous system (ANS) that is fine tuned to their specific ailment. Each patient is not only 'restored', but gain special abilities due to unforeseen side effects of the procedure.
Our story begins a year after the trials took place. The program has been shut down after its developer, Ethan Pine, was murdered by extremists who felt the trials were "unnatural". 'Restored' patients are now seen as highly dangerous and unstable. Kaden, while on the run for allegedly killing his own parents, is hunted down by a powerful being known as The Advent. Kaden, Nya, and Otto, the last surviving 'restored' patients, must work together to defeat The Advent before he destroys them.
The intro sequence of my script introduces Nya and depicts her first interaction with The Advent. This event paves the way for the rest of the film. My intention is to give potential investors and supporters a look into the tone and visual style I have planned for the film as a whole.
BioPunks is a project I am extremely passionate about. I have put together a fantastic Kickstarter campaign with awesome rewards for you all. I'm currently in the process of securing cast and crew. All I need now is your help to make this all possible.
Surely, if you have read this far you must be interested. Or you just really enjoy reading. Either way, here is my link once again! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/royceadkins/biopunks-sci-fi-film
Looking forward to you being a part of the team!
Thank you so much for your time.
#TeamBioPunks Twitter:mad:rorobeckley

Back