BioWare Licenses Simutronics HeroEngine for MMO Game Project

Wow. If a big, well known company like BioWare took notice and actually bought (licensed) the HeroEngine, that just doubles my excitement about what Simutronics is going to do with it in HerosJourney. It is one thing to listen to Simutronics 'toot their own horn,' but to see one of the game dev giants take interest... Excellent. I'll have to keep an eye on BioWare, now, to see what they do with it.

That had been a rumor for some time now, but to see it be true is I think a great thing for Simu and HJ. This alone will drive a huge amount of interest in HJ from people that are not really familiar with them. I mean, who HASN'T heard of Bioware in the gameing industyr?! This will have other companies look at the HeroEngine (and pay for licenceing) that will give Simu more cash to make HJ great.

Bioware will make a MMO using the Heroengine alright. Oh wait what did they just get the liscense too...oh um...Star Wars wasn't? That's not a popular franchise is it ?

;)

Daax said:
be..
bet...bet...
beta......
BETAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!

*begins foaming at the mouth*
*again*

Alright. Who said the 'B' word? Someone get me a towel and help clean Daax's shirt.

Now this is grea tnews eh? Umm.. not Daax's drooling but the liscense agreement with Bioware. Speaks well of Simu/the Hero Engine/ and what may be in store for all HJ players.

EXCELSIOR!!!

I think Star Wars is that thing with the glowy laser sticks and the furry puppy men and that dude in the black helmet with asthma.

Well AD&D entered the market.
Maybe they'd turn their own game Jade Empire into a MMO or maybe the next one could hold some MMO elements in it that'd grow well with the HeroEngine.

I didn't much care for the first KOTOR, but the second one was fun. 'Course, I don't like the whole Jedi thing, so, yeah... Anyway, I liked the Workbench. I like crafting... Anyway, I beat the first one once, but after I killed Malak, the screen went black and I couldn't do anything. I could still do my pause screen, and I could hear the sound effects, but no...

Anyway, yeah, I hope it's not based on Jade Empire. Didn't much like that game. The best part of it, in my opinion, was the dialog at the end, during the credits. "Chewy Nougat", baby...

Oh, yeah, anyway, I think that them liscencing the engine to Bioware's a good thing. It might give Hero's Journey a boost in the public eye, and it will at least make Simutronics more recognizable. *shrug*

I just don't think they'd be able to use AD&D elements like they did before or the Star Wars liscense with a new MMO. Considering each is already being handled in MMO format. Maybe Baldur's Gate is far enough removed from the AD&D MMO to make it, but I'd doubt it.
Jade Empire is all I know of a BioWare original, and the Asian themed MMOs are going to be heavy in the next wave of development. Hopefully tho' they'd go all original with the use of the engine. There's some good storytellers working at the company.

Back