Horror Bitten (SyFy)

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
With an expected premiere set for 2014, the Syfy channel has acquired the 13-episode first season of new Canadian scripted series Bitten from Entertainment One. The series is based on the Women Of The Otherworld novels by Kelly Armstrong. The books feature werewolves, witches, necromancers, sorcerers, and vampires struggling to fit as "normal" in today's world. The series also includes novellas and short stories, published online and one in an anthology.

Bitten
stars Laura Vandervoort (Smallville, V) as Elena Michaels, the lone female werewolf in existence.

Desperate to escape both a world she never wanted to be part of and the man who turned her into a werewolf, Elena (Vandervoort) has abandoned her Pack and taken refuge in a new city. She returns to Stonehaven, the werewolves’ ancestral domain, when bodies start turning up in her Pack’s backyard and she realizes she’ll stop at nothing to defend her Pack.​

tumblr_mnl1q6rp6H1qi0d7lo4_250.gif

There's finally been a release day for Bitten - based upon the Otherworld books by Kelley Armstrong. I, personally, am a huuuuuge fan of these books and this trailer looks damn fine.

Release date in Canada is 11 January on Space . . .and it's been picked up by SyFy in the US... hope it comes to the UK!

So does our stuff take a while to come to the UK? I figured everyone would be following suit to get what the USA gets? Not to brag or anything I just figured our Hollywood nutjobs would demand that happen lol

Some shows we get within a couple of weeks of you guys, but other shows take ages. Take Supernatural, for example, season 9 is airing in the US now... we won't get it until next October.

Bitten still isn't available in the UK, so I've had to resort to other means to see this. Episode 7 has just been aired in Canada and the USA. Is anyone else watching it? What do you think?

If you haven't read the books - does the show make sense to you? I'm curious about this as some of the scenes make perfect sense to me since I have read the books, but don't give any kind of explanation within it for those who haven't.

If you have read the books - what do you think of the character choices? I wasn't too happy with most of them at first -other than Nick - now my only real issue is the guy who plays Karl Marsten. He just doesn't work for me on any level at all. :(

The show took a definite turn away from the books with episode 7 - they'd already made a few change, which I could handle, but episode 7's was a bit of a shock. I'm a little torn on how I feel about it. I would have liked to have seen the story in the books played out on tv the same way, but at the same time I can understand why they've changed it - especially if they want to keep focusing on the pack for more than one season (where the books focus on different characters/supernatural types and only a few are specifically pack-centric).

Loved the season finale on this show.. it got much better the further along it went.

Good news today - Bitten Season 2 is coming! Space announced it's renewed the show for a second season of 10 1-hour long episodes. Can't wait!