Bittersweet Memories

Bittersweet Memories
Fear is only an obstacle

Written by: Wondagrl ~elle
Image1.jpg

Disclaimer: I don’t own alias in any way I just like meddling with the characters lives. Mwhahahahaha *my feeble attempt at Dani’s evil laugh*
Summary: A child which has never met her father. Syd struggles to deal with the fact that the love of her life is never coming back. Can she love again? Can someone else lover her, for who she is and the responsibilities she brings?
Timeline: Set during season two. Syd and Vaughn meet in a different way. Sd-6 is still involved.

A/N
:hi: guys this is my new fic. I was sceptical about writing another fic but all the nice reviews and encouragement from you readers for “Confessions of A Broken Heart,’ ‘Two Words,’ and its sequel ‘Love Is A Gift,’ has really encouraged me to take the plunge to write this. I’ve had this idea for this story since before I wrote ‘Two Words,’ but had no ideas on how to start it, so it is a story which has been put on hold for awhile until recently I got some inspiration to write it. With everything now set in stone I can finally put this fic up. I’ve really wanted to write this one. I’m really excited to hear what you guys think of it, so as always remember to R ‘n’ R because positive and constructive criticism are very welcome. I like to see quotes as they help me give an angle to what you guys really like to read about. oh n wat do u guys think about the wallpaper becuase it virtually is my first one??? Anyway enjoy and I’ll talk to y’all later

Prologue

She came into the world with a loud scream. With ten beautiful fingers and toes. She brang the greatest joy into my life but at the same time I couldn’t help but feel the sorrow. Sorrow for my newborn baby. And sorrow for myself. God I was only eighteen. I was three quarters of the way through my graduating year, when I found out.

Flashback

I open my eyes and I look down at the long stick, which was on the bathroom counter, which was about to decide my fate. I saw the plus indicating my worst fear. What would they think of me? Would my dad kick me out? Would Ryan want anything to do with it?
“No,” I whisper to no one in particular.

End of Flashback

Ryan was ecstatic and promised to support me in anyway. He said he loved me so much. But one thing we couldn’t both figure out was how? How could I possibly fall pregnant if I was on birth control? We never figured it out. There was one thing I did with my father. I was always honest to him about my sexual relationship with Ryan. I told him straight about 6 months into out three year relationship that we’re having unprotected sex. Of course he freaked at first, but I told him I wasn’t stupid, that he actually voluntarily went to the clinic to get a check up. Ryan always wanted to keep me safe. It was dad who figured out that my birth control was out of date. He never blamed me. He never kicked me out. He just accepted that his daughter was pregnant. He told me it was completely not my fault and that he would also support me any way. And that he did.

It was six months into my pregnancy that I lost Ryan forever. He was taken away from me involuntarily. I remember the day as clearly as if it were just yesterday.

Flashback

I hear the soft knocking on my door. “Sydney.” My father’s voice calls me softly. I open the door to see a face, which looked completely grief stricken. I have never seen my father cry. But I see the remnants of his tears at the corners of his eyes.
“Dad…” I say to him in a small voice of a little girl. He just stared at me. I watched as more threatening tears fall down his face. His eyes just staring at me in despair. “No...” I choke out, as the hot tears fall down my face. I grasp my 6-month pregnant body, in total utter despair. “NO!!!” I scream falling to the ground. The tears fall down my face in buckets. “No, no, no, no.” I start beating my fists on the ground.

End of Flashback

All I needed was his look. His eyes told the story before his words. He was driving home from work and a drunk driver was swerving across the road and he came out of nowhere. Ryan didn’t see him in time and the driver slammed into he side of his car, pushing Ryan’s vehicle to slam into a light post wrapping the car around it. He died on impact. Dad wouldn’t let me see him. He said the head injuries were massive. I felt like I lost my life completely on that very day. His death nearly killed me. I went into the state of depression. I stopped eating properly. I refused to come out of my room. I nearly lost Haylee. I nearly lost my pride and joy and I would’ve if it weren’t for Francie and my father. If it weren’t for them I would’ve been dead long ago. It took me a lot to realize that I had a lot to live for. That Ryan never would’ve wanted me to be that way. He never wanted me to feel that way, to grieve in that way. He wanted me to be happy. And it took me awhile to get past the fact that it was okay to love again. I’ve always been afraid of disappointing Ryan and Haylee. It is a fear I still carry around.

I started to date again about a year and a half after Ryan’s death. Every relationship was the same. Things always went smoothly. I would fall in love with them. Everything would be perfect until they met Haylee. Until they found out I had a daughter. No one wants the responsibility. And quite honestly I don’t blame them. But what about me? I just want to be in love again? I want to be sweeped off of my feet. I want to fall endlessly like there is no tomorrow. I want someone to love me for who I am and the responsibilities that come with me. I want someone to love and cherish Haylee. I want Haylee to have a father again. I want her to have a male figure in her life. I want her to actually be able to say that she has a father.

Haylee is my haven. She is the light in my day. I devote as much time to her as I can. I have a demanding job with the CIA but Haylee will always come first no matter what. Even if the whole world is about to be blown up by nuclear explosives. I want what is best for her and I am willing to give up everything to that. Even sacrificing my own happiness.

Here I am standing in front of Ryan’s grave for his four-year anniversary, with Haylee standing in front of me. I see the tears cloud my vision. This day has the biggest impact on me. They say that the pain eventually goes. But why can’t I feel it? I feel as if it were just yesterday that it had happened. I watch as Haylee puts some flowers on his grave. “Hey daddy. Guess what happened to me today? I got a new Barbie doll from mommy and it was the exact one that I wanted. She has blonde hair and she wears sunglasses and she’s wearing swimming togs. I wish you were here daddy because we could play together and you could be ken and mummy could be mummy Barbie and we could be one big happy family. I love you daddy and I miss you so much.” She says to the headstone talking animatedly. The last few lines broke my heart I gripped her shoulders tightly and I made a silent vow. ‘She will have a daddy.’

TBC

:throb: always
~elle

This is great so far. Poor Syd and Haylee. Can't wait to see how Vaughn comes into this.

Can I get a PM when you update please?

Hey guys here is the update
R n R and ill talk to y’all later
~elle

Chapter One
Two Sided Attraction

Devlin’s POV

“You’re about to gain another agent.” I say to him shortly closing the office door behind me.
“Who, and why?” He asks back curiously.
“Sydney Bristow.” I say to him simply.
“You mean Jack Bristow’s daughter?” He says. His facing looking shocked.
“The one and the only.” I reply to him. “She will be good here, she is one of my own agents. Very talented in the field. She is one of the best.” I say to him almost proud.
“if she is one of your best then why are you sending her here. Wouldn’t you want to keep her?” Kendall says to me arrogantly.
“Because of SD-6. Al the work is done here and I would like the doubles to work together.” I say to him with finality in my voice.
“She’s a double also.” He says in amazement.
“Well a triple in Sloane’s eyes. So she…”
“Does exactly what jack does.” He says interrupting me.
“She’ll be here tomorrow, so I suggest you find her a partner.” I say to him stonily walking out of his office.

Vaughn’s POV

“Hey, man.” I turn to see Weiss approaching me. “Kendall wants to see you in his office.” He says straight away.
“Did he say why?” I ask him curiously.
“Nah just said he wants to see you.” He says distractedly. “Hey do you think Amanda will notice me in this red tie.” He asks stupidly.
“What you mean the secretary? Not a chance.” I say to him laughing at him and walking away.
“Oh c’mon man I mean a little support wouldn’t go astray.” He says to me throwing his hands up in the air. I just continue to walk on. I walk directly into Kendall’s office and stand in front of his desk.
“You wanted to see me sir.” I say to him professionally.
“Yes. We have a new agent coming and she needs a partner and your it.” He says to me challenging me to say a word.
“WHAT! I am not being a babysitter.” I say to him furiously.
“You won’t need to she’s good. Probably better than you. Her name is Sydney Bristow and she is coming tomorrow. She is a SD-6 agent does the same job as Jack and is very high up has operational control and everything that goes with it.” He says with his no nonsense tone.
“Still, I don’t need a new partner, I already have Weiss.” I say to matter-of-factly.
“I would like for you to have a partner who is more closer to your standard.” He says to me coldly.
“There is nothing wrong with Weiss.” I say to him feeling frustrated.
“Not saying there is, she needs someone to her standard. I thin you will work well with her. And you will work with her. No if, buts or why’s. She’s coming tomorrow so be prepared.” He says to me in a dismissive voice. There is nothing more I can do.

“Hey man.” I hear Weiss catching up behind me. I turn around to face him. “What did Kendall want yesterday?” He asks me, curiously.
“I’m getting a new partner from the main office. Guess who it is?” I say to him raising an eyebrow.
“Who?” He asks with a blank expression.
“Sydney Bristow.” I say simply.
“Bristow…Bristow…BRISTOW!!! You mean Jack Bristow’s daughter.” He says, dumbfounded.
“The one and the only.” Is ay to him sarcastically.
“Man you’re gonna wanna be careful with her. I mean she is Jack Bristow’s daughter. Hurt her and he’ll tear you limb for limb.” He says looking scared.
“Tell me about it.” I say to him as we start walking into the JTF.
“When she coming?” He asks, curiously.
“This morning. She’s probably already here.” I say to him matter-of-factly.

Sydney’s POV

“So whom have you partnered me with.” I ask Kendall politely.
“Agent Michael Vaughn.” He says to me simply.
“So is he any good?” I ask him shortly. I mean it’s my a** we are talking about here. Man do I hate this man already.
“He is the best I have to offer.” He says to me coldly.
“Good because I except nothing less.” I say to him coldly. Raising my eyebrows. Letting him know he better not mess with me or he will get it big time.
“is it just me, or does someone have an attitude problem.” He says to me with sarcasm dripping from his voice.
“Only with the people I don’t particularly like.” I deadpan at him nastily.
“Well I’d show some respect if I were you or I’ll report you straight to Devlin and have you transferred straight back to where you came from.” He looks at me challangng me to say a word.
“But you aren’t me. And I should inform you Mister Kendall I am your superior so I can easily override you and order you not to say a word. If that doesn’t work I find other means of doing that.
“If you are so high up in the ranks then why aren’t you director?” He says to me nastily
“Because I didn’t want the job I enjoy the field a whole heap better. I’m a pretty pleasant person and I am easy to get along with if you co-operate with me. But if you don’t I can be very mean and nasty. So if you wanna live until your at least 68 I suggest you stop being a smarta**.” I say to him, giving him a huge smile. He just stares back at me.
“Sir,” I hear a voice behind me.
“Agent Vaughn this is Agent Sydney Bristow.” E says indicating me. I shake his hand.

Vaughn’s POV

She is beautiful. Her beautiful long chestnut hair and her chocolate brown eyes captivated me the moment I set eyes upon her. Geez Mike she’s your partner. Get a hold of yourself. You have a girlfriend remember. I start mentally slapping myself.
“It’s nice to meet you,” I say to her politely returning the shaking of her hand.

Sydney’s POV

Oh my god. He is gorgeous how am I ever going to focus with that in front of me everyday. Those eyes. I can get lost in them in an instant. God Sydney you need to focus, the last thing I need is a crush at work affecting my performance. I smile to him.
“Same to you.” I say to him politely.
“Well I’ll leave it to you Agent Vaughn to show her around and get her settled in.” he says to us smiling looking like he really wants to get away from me. I’d want to get away from me too if I had just been threatened like that.
“Come with me and I’ll show you your desk.” He says to me smiling. I can’t help but smile back. Screw the focus. “This is your desk and mines right next to you.” He says to me softly. I smile at him and I start to tale out my stuff from my bag and filling the jaws. I’m very aware that he is watching me intently. I can’t help but blush slightly luckily he can’t see my face because of my hair falling over my face. I finally pull out the picture of my beautiful daughter. I touch the picture with my fingertips and I lovingly place it gently on my desk. “Whose that?” He asj=ks me, curiously.
“My little girl.” I say to him softly.
“You have a daughter?” He says in amazement. “So you’re a married.” He says and I hear the touch of disappointment in his voice.
“No.” I say simply.
“Engaged?”
“No.”
“You have a boyfriend?”
“No.”
“You’re husband, boyfriend, or fiancé left you?”
“No.”
“Okay so if you don’t mind me asking, who is the father?” He asks in curiosity.
“I don’t mind at all and you might as well know something about because you’ll figure it out eventually. Haylee’s father died six months into my pregnancy. I was only three quarters the way through grade 12 when I found out I was pregnant. Ryan supported me all the way. He was killed when he was coming home from work. A drunk driver rammed into the side of his car and Ryan’s car was wrapped around a light post. He died on impact.” I say to him with a far away look.
“I’m sorry.” He says to me softly.
“Don’t be it was four years ago.” I smile at him in reassurance.
“So she’s four? Looks like a cute kid.” He says sincerely.
“Yeah she is.”

Chapter Two
Too Fast?

“Mummy!” My little girl yells out running towards me. I crouch down on one knee with my arms out capturing her in my arms. She squeezes me tight. I miss her so much, the moment she steps in the gate to her Kindergarten.
“And, what did you do today?” I say picking her up, kissing her on the cheek.
“I drew four pictures for you mummy and we made a birthday cake for Katie. I was her special helper.” She says to me grinning broadly.
“WOW, four pictures and a birthday cake. Someone’s been a busy little girl.” I say, giving her another hug.
“Sydney,” I turn to see Patricia, Katie’s mother calling my name.
“Hi.” I say to her smiling. She doesn’t look to go I notice.
“I know this is short notice but my mother has just been put into hospital and I was wondering if you could look after Katie till tomorrow, while I’m at the hospital?” She asks. I can tell she has been upset.
“No problem at all. Is she okay?” I ask her in concern.
“Not really,” She sniffles sadly. “She had a heart attack and they don’t think she’s going to make it.” She says letting a stray tear fall down her face.
“Oh my god, Trish. That’s terrible.” I say to her putting an arm around her shoulders.
“I’ll give you the key to our house so you can get some clothes for Katie.” She says rummaging through her bag.
“Don’t worry about it. Hales and Katie are around the same size I’m sure I’ll have something for her. Don’t worry about a thing. You just need to be at the hospital right now.” I say trying to sooth her by rubbing her back gently.
“Thank you.” She says to me gratefully.
“It’s my pleasure.” I say to her honestly. I watch as she bends down on one knee in front of Katie.
“Now you be good for Miss Bristow, okay.” She says to her softly and she gives her a hug and she heads to her car.
“Well you two we better get you guys home and have some dinner.” I say to them taking both their hands and leading them to the car.

“Time for bed you two.” I call to Haylee and Katie.
“Awwwwwww.” Haylee and Katie say in unison. They are too cute.
“Come on.” I say to them picking them both up and taking them to Haylee’s bedroom. I tuck them in gently and I kiss them both on the tops of their foreheads.
“Story, Mumma.” Haylee says in her cute voice.
“What story do you both want to hear?” I ask them both.
“Another story about Daddy.” Haylee begs to me with a grin on her face.
“I don’t know. Does Katie want to hear a story about Haylee’s father?” I ask Katie warmly.
“Yeah.” She says excitedly.
“Okay…well how about I tell you the story when your Daddy bought you that big giant teddy bear for you.” I say to them, smiling.
“Yeah!” Haylee says excitedly.
“Well your father took me to a Carnival about five months into my pregnancy with you. And he insisted in winning this teddy bear for you. He had to throw rings over a small box and get them around it. Unfortunately your daddy wasn’t too great at throwing.. He spent all night trying to win this bear for you. Until it was midnight and the stall keeper said he had to close for the night. Your daddy was so determined to get that bear that he paid two hundred dollars for it. That’s how much your daddy loved you.” I notice they are both fast asleep. I felt the tears prickle at the back of my eyes. And I whisper. “Since before you were born.”

Vaughn’s POV

“So she has a kid, huh.” Weiss says to me as we are watching the Kings game.
“Yep.” I say to him simply.
“WOW, didn’t see that coming.” Weiss says shrugging it off.
“Me either.” I say to him honestly. I get up off my seat jumping as the kings score for the second time in five minutes.
“Man you really take your hockey seriously.” He says shaking her head.
“Yeah, so.” I say to him raising an eyebrow.
“So she’s hot huh.” Weiss says randomly.
“What.” I say to him in confusion.
“Sydney.” Weiss says to me like it is the most obvious thing.
“I won’t deny she is beautiful.” Is ay to him with honesty. Well sort of I think she’s hot but I won’t tell Eric that because I’ll never hear the last of it.
“Admit it man, you think she’s hot and you like her.” He says to me teasingly.
“Whatever man.” I say to him throwing the chips at him.

Sydney’s POV

I wake to the shrill sound of my cell.
(phone conversation)
“Sydney.” I hear his sickening voice on the other end.
“Yes.”
“I want you to seduce a CIA agent for me so we can get closer into the inner circle.”
“Anybody in particular.”
“Yes, Agent Michael Vaughn.”
“Done.” And I am met with a dial tone. I end the call.
(end of phone conversation)
I hear a knock on the door and I quickly walk to the door. I open the door and am me with Trish.
“Hey, Trish. How’s your Mum?” I say to her kindly.
“Her condition hasn’t changed but it hasn’t gotten any better either.” She says to me sadly.
“Well I guess your getting Katie so could you take Hales too because I have to go to work early.” I ask her.
“No problem.” She says. “You go I’ll lock up behind me.” She says to me smiling.
“Thanks.” I say to her, smiling back.

“I got your call, what’s wrong.” Vaughn says rushing to me in the CIA car park.
“Sloane wants me to seduce a CIA agent and that agent is you and unfortunately you have no choice in the matter. I’m sorry.” Is ay to him quickly.
“Right.” Is all he can manage.
“I know this is going to be hard but I need to know…”
“Syd…”
“That you are okay with this.” I say to him desperately.
“Sydney!” He pulls me out of my rant.
“Yeah.” I say to him in a small voice.
“I’m cool with this.” He says to me smiling.
“Really.” Is ay to him in disbelief.
“Yeah.” He says to me simply.
“Thank you.” I say to him. He just nods. I walk away slowly.
“Sydney!” He calls to me and I turn around to see him walking towards me and I don’t know how it happened but we were kissing passionately. He breaks away. “Too fast and wrong time.” He breaths out in regret.
“Yeah too fast but not the wrong time.” I breathe out to him eyeing his lips and in a matter of seconds I capture his lips in mine again and we kiss passionately until our need for air becomes to extreme.
“Still too fast.” He says to me grinning.
“Yeah, but I like fast.” Is ay to him seductively in his ear.

A/N
:whistle: so um I guess you know what happens next. Not writing an NC17 though. It was a little short but yeah.. Oh and just so you can’t say I didn’t warn y’all im gonna be soo mean with this. Hehehehehehehe

:love: always
~elle

A/N
Sorry it has been so long I just had hit a road block with this one but it’s all figured out now so you can expect more updates
Enjoy your day
~elle

Chapter Three
The Unmistakeable Fear

Vaughn’s POV

I watch her angelic form, sleeping with her back cuddled into my chest. I can’t help but be mesmerized by her beauty. Her creamy skin looks almost as if it is glowing from the morning sunrise. I feel as if this is way too fast, all of it. That this is so wrong, but yet it is so right. There’s just something about her which has drawn me to her. I don’t know what it is, but whatever it is I am thankful for it. I have never ever felt this way for any other woman. Not even Alice. I’m in such deep thought that I don’t even notice when Sydney starts to stir.
“Good morning.” She says, turning into my chest and kissing it. She then makes her way to my lips and greets me further with a long tender kiss.
“Well good morning to you. Is that how you greet every man who you sleep with?” I smile at her mischievously.
“Only the special ones.” She says seductively.
“And how many have those are there?”
“Well you’re one of them and Ryan would have been the other.” She says turning her head with a faraway look in her eyes at the mention of her late lovers name.
“I’m so sorry, Syd.” I say to her apologetically. I feel terrible.
“Don’t be. I shouldn’t be like this anymore.” She says sighing. “It’s been four years now.” She says cursing herself.
“No time will ever stop those feelings.” I say to her sadly. “He was apart of you. You’re not expected to stop caring at the drop of a hat.” I say to her softly, gathering her up into my arms, holding onto her tight. I stork her hair and I bury my head into the crook of her neck.
“Does the pain go?” She asks me sadly.
“Yeah, eventually. In time it will go but the sense of loss will always be there.” I say to her hugging her tighter.
“Sometimes I wish I had never met him because then I wouldn’t have to feel this pain. But then I wouldn’t be blessed with Haylee.” She says smiling. “She is the one thing that lights up my day. She is the reason I wake up everyday.” Her smile grows even wider.
“I\d like to meet her.” I say to her softly.
“I know you would but she needs to slowly get used to the fact that there is a man in my life. I can’t just shove that at her all in one go. I want her to slowly get to know you. First I am going to start by telling her about you and then I’ll let her make the decision weather if she wants to meet you yet.” She says to me logically. I know she’s right.
“I get it.” I say to her gently. “That’s a good idea.” I stroke her cheek with the back of my hand gently.
“How are we ever going to stay awake today?” She asks, wearily.
“Who cares.” I say to her grinning.
“Vaughn.” She says.
“You know I do have a first name.” I say to her in mock hurt.
“Well I like Vaughn better.” She grins at me and gives me a quick peck on the lips.
“Really.” I say tickling her. She starts squirming and giggling like a little girl.
“Hey.” She says. “Fine Michael.” She says laughing.
“Thank you.” We pause for a few moments.
“Vaughn.” She says softly.
“What...Falling back into old habits already.” I laugh at her.
“Seriously.” She says to me. I see the seriousness in her eyes.
“Yeah.” I say to her seriously.
“Is this gonna last?” She says sadly.
“I have no idea.” I say to her honestly.
“I have never gone this fast before…”
“You don’t regret it do you?” I say to her sadly.
“Oh, God, no.” She says to me giving me a long passionate kiss. “If it is any consolation to you, I don’t just let anybody into my bed.” She says giving me a dimpled smile.
“I have never done this before. But I did because there was just something about you. I just completely fell for you the moment I laid eyes on you. I don’t know what it is but doing what we did felt so right.” I say to her softly caressing her cheek.
“I feel exactly the same way.” She smiles broadly to me. I capture her lips in mine. Pulling her into a tender kiss. We were about to go further until the ringing of our cells pulls us away from each other.
“Yeah.” She says.
“Vaughn.” I say professionally.
(phone conversation)
“You’re needed at the JTF now.” The voice of Weiss greets me.
“I’ll be there soon.”
“Hey who was that voice on your end sounded like a woman’s? Don’t tell me you and Alice got back together.” He says in disgust.
“No.” I say back to him harshly. He really knows how to stick his nose where it doesn’t belong. We pause.
“Don’t tell me, you two did it.” He says excitedly. I don’t reply. “man I knew it. Balls of steel I tell ya. You really know how to go fast. I just hang up on him.

Sydney’s POV

(phone conversation)
“Yeah.” I say.
“We need you at the JTF right away for a briefing.” My fathers cold voice greets me on the other end.
“I’ll be there right away
“Whose voice was that in the background?” I freeze.
“Haylee’s.” I simply reply.
“Really because it sounded a lot like a male’s voice.”
“You’d be surprised what Haylee sounds like in the morning.” I say to him dully.
“Sydney.” He asks again.
“Dad, you’ve been good to me and all but please stop trying to interfere with my life.” And with that I end the call.

Weiss’s POV

“Jack did you by any chance hear a male’s voice in the background when t=you called, Sydney?” I ask him curiously. I need to know if I’m right so I can mock Mike some more.
“Yes.” He replies dully.
“I knew it.
” I say loudly. Everyone stops and stares at me for the second time this morning. You can imagine the looks I got with that conversation with Mike.
“What do you know.” Jack says in his threatening if-you-don’t-tell-me-I-will-kill-you-and-leave-you-in-a-dumpster-so-you-better-tell-me-what-I-want-to-know voice. But today I just aint scared of Jack Bristow.
“Nothing.” Is ay and I walk away quickly. When I get to my desk I can’t help it. I break out into a dance. Everyone stares at me AGAIN. “What. Geez I just found out my sister is getting married.” I exasperate to them all and they all just murmur.
“Oh, congrats then.” And then turn away and go back to their various jobs.

Sydney’s POV

I start laughing after I end the call. Vaughn just gets out of bed and looks at me weirdly.
“What.” He says, shaking his head.
“Oh, my father. He heard your voice.” I start to laugh again.
“That’s not a laughing matter. What did you say?” He starts to obviously freak out. I just continue to laugh.
“I told him it was Haylee.” I snicker at him.
“And did he believe that.”
“I don’t think so.”
“I’m dead.”
“Yes, you’re.” I say to him, teasingly.
“No support from you.”
“Nope, because I find it rather amusing.?” He just gapes at me and I get out of bed and continue to laugh.

Kendall’s POV

“Good you’re all here.” Is ay to them as Sydney and Agent Vaughn walk into the room and sit down. “I don’t have particularly good news. Sydney.” I say to her. She turns her head to focus on me more carefully she looks at me not having any idea what I am talking about. “They have it. They found it.” I say to her knowing how she’s going to react.
“What.” She says to me in shock and in fear.
“She has it.” I whisper to her gently knowing what this means to her. This is disastrous.
“No.” She just stutters.

Sydney’s POV

“No.” I say even louder. My breathing catches in my mouth I can’t breath. I feel sick.
“No.” I whisper as the fear quenches me even further. “This can’t be happening.”

~TBC

A/N
Nasty little cliffy :Mwhahahahahahahaha <- Dani you know what to do there.

:love: always
~elle

A/N
Thanks to my new beta Dani :hug: WOOt n my evil partner in crime

Chapter Four
An Unwilling Deception

Sydney’s POV

I can’t believe my ears. This can’t be happening. I feel sick and dizzy. I grip the desk until my knuckles go white. And then I can’t stand it anymore. I have to leave this room, I feel as if it is suffocating me. I get up and walk out of the room as fast as I can. I walk straight to the toilets and lock myself in a stall. I can’t hold it in no more, I just break down in tears. Mum can’t possible have it. But she does and now this isn’t good. It’s all so screwed up now. She kidnaps me last year tortures me and takes my egg’s and now she has the cube back to fulfill her damn Rambladi prophecy, the one I just happened to be prophesized about. It’s insane but to her it is deadly real and that scares me even more. I cry even harder, in sheer desperation, because now I no longer know her next move and Haylee and I could be in complete danger. Haylee. Nothing can happen to Haylee.

Vaughn’s POV

I see her leave and after a few minutes I get up to go after her.
“Agent Vaughn, sit down, leave her be she needs to digest this information and it is best she does it alone.” Kendall’s voice says to me coldly. I sit back down, still wanting to go after her but maybe it was for the best that I don’t. “Last year, Agent Bristow was taken by force by Irina Derevko who I’m sure all of you are completely aware of. She took Sydney and extracted her eggs.” He says. I cringe at him in disgust.
“Why?” I say to Kendall in disgust.
“Because she is a part of one of Rambaldi’s prophecies. The chosen one she is referred to. The prophecy says that Rambaldi will be reborn by way of his child through the chosen one.” Kendall says in disgust.
“So that’s what Derevko is up to.” Weiss says to him.
“That’s sick.” I exasperate to everybody.
“Exactly, but you try tell that to Agent Bristow’s lunatic of a mother. She’s not easily convinced.” Kendall says, shaking his head.
“So what exactly did they obtain to make all this possible?” Lennox asks, curiously.
“The cube.” Kendall simply replies back to him. I’ve heard enough. I get up and briskly walk out of the room. I look around the ops centre looking for Syd. I look at her desk, out on the roof and in her father’s office. I then sneak into the women’s bathroom and I see her at the basin, washing her face. She is clearly distraught. She looks at me.
“You know this is the ladies room.” She chokes out to me.
"Think I care.” I say to her. Wrapping my arms around her tightly. I pull back and kiss her forehead lightly. Truthfully I never once went into a woman’s bathroom no matter how distraught I thought she might be.
“Obviously not.” She say sounding amused.
“We should go home.” I say to her caressing her face. I contemplate for a second on ‘home’ and how natural it sounded already.
“Yeah.” She says softly and hugs me tighter. I put my arm around her waist and lead her out of the toilet. We walk towards Kendall. Kendall sees us and looks at us in astonishment and for a second I have no idea why and then I remember my arm around Sydney’s waist. I just smile at Kendall.
“Don’t ask you can both take the rest of the day off. We’ll deal with this situation tomorrow.” He says briskly.

~**~

She pulls me through her front door and to the sofa. She sits me down and I am expecting for her to kiss me because I know she may avoid the issue, but she doesn’t. She sits in my lap and lies her head on my shoulder and she talks.
“I’m scared Vaughn, not only for me but for Haylee as well. Having the cube meant we knew what Mum’s next step was, to obtain it. But now that she has it, I have no idea what she is going to do next and that’s scary. I’m facing the prospect of having a baby, a test tube baby I might add, to a man who has been dead for centuries. And that in itself is very, very gross. I don’t know what to do now, what if she needs Haylee for some bizarre reason, what if she hurts her? If she ever hurt Haylee and took her away from me I couldn’t handle that. Haylee is my pride and joy and losing her would be like losing life itself.” She just sighs in confusion. I have no words to say at all. I can’t offer advice because I have none. I just simply kiss her forehead and whisper into her ear.
“How about you relax in a nice hot bath.” I say to her softly.
“That really sounds good but I have to pick Haylee up.” She says to me gently.
“Okay maybe when you get back.” I say to her contently.
“Yeah, and Haylee wants to meet you.” She says to me getting up and grabbing her keys.
“Really.” I say smiling broadly to her.
“Yeah, she’s really excited.” She says smiling back at me with her gorgeous dimples. “I’ll be back in fifteen.” She says walking out the door.

Sydney’s POV

“Hey Mummy.” Haylee runs into my arms excitedly. I smile broadly.
“Hello munchkin. What did you do today?” I ask her happily.
“We painted lots of pictures but I can’t take them home today because they’re not dry yet.” She explains happily.
“More pictures.” I exclaim to her in amazement. “At this rate we won’t have any room left on the fridge. She starts to giggle. “Ready to go home?” I ask her gently.
“Am I gonna meet Michael?” She says excitedly.
“Yes you are.” I say smiling down at her.
“YAY!” She says grabbing my hand and tugging me to the car. I have never seen a child this excited to meet one of my boyfriends. Boyfriend, I like the sound of that. I giggle inwardly to myself.

~**~

I open the door to my house to the smell of food wafting into my nostrils. I can’t help but walk into the kitchen and tease.
“So you’re good looking and can you can cook.” I say joking in disbelief. I bend down to the ground and pick Haylee up. Michaels turns around at me in surprise.
“I didn’t hear you come in.” he says to me smiling and his eyes rest on Haylee. He looks back up at me and smiles.
“This is Haylee. Haylee say hello to Michael.” I say to her gently.
“Hello.” She says smiling broadly.
“Hello to you too.” Michael grins at her. He looks back up at me. “She’s gorgeous, Syd.” He says breathlessly.
“Thanks. How long until dinner?” I ask him softly. Putting my hand on his cheek.
“It’s ready but needs to cool down. Go for a bath and relax.” He says giving me a quick kiss on the lips. I gently lower Haylee to the ground.
“Mummy, can I do my puzzles with you?” She asks softly.
“I’m going for a bath but maybe Michael might help you.” I say smiling at her.
“Michael can you do my puzzles with me?” She asks him shyly.
“Of course I can. Lead the way.” He says smiling broadly at her. I feel relaxed leaving Haylee in his care, I know he’ll look after her. I walk into the bathroom and fill up the tub and step into the hot bubbles and lie down. I sigh in contentment. I’m exhilarated; they like each other and are getting along fabulously. This is excellent. I’m so happy. I close my eyes for a few minutes to relax. I feel at peace instantly.

~**~

After about ten minutes I walk out of the bath and I dress into simple jeans and a light pink shirt. As I walk back out to the living room I hear their giggles. They come into view and I see them pointing at the puzzle pieces and laughing.
“This one looks like a doggie.” Haylee laughs like it is the most hysterical thing in the world.
“Yeah and this one looks like a cloud.” Michael says smiling broadly. Haylee squeals in excitement. I shake my head in amusement at them and hear my cell ringing on the counter. Michael looks up and sees me. I smile back at him and answer my phone.
(phone conversation)
“Hello.”
“Hello, Sydney.” That voice drawls to me and my heart starts to beat ten million times a minute. I walk into the kitchen quickly.
“What do you want?” I ask in a cold voice.
”Sydney unless you do exactly as I say the next time you see your precious daughter and Mr Vaughn you will be forced to plan their funerals.”

TBC

A/N
Thanks to my btea dani for that last line.

Back