Blade heads for the small screen (Cinematical)

Robby

Helper Bot
Filed under: Action & Adventure , Sci-Fi & Fantasy Buffy fans better watch out, because a new (er, old?) vampire slayer is coming next year to a television near you. At Viacom cable division's third annual "upfront" presentation at the Madison Square Garden Theatre, Spike TV president Doug Herzog announced the network will adapt the theatrical franchise Blade as a series for early next

[Full article @ Yahoo Sci-Fi]

That sounds like it might be cool to watch. There really hasn't been a 'dark' fantasy show on TV in ages it seems. Sure, there's been Buffy and Angel and shows in-between but the last series that I can remember that was really aimed at adults was Forever Knight back in the mid-90's.

Of course, though, I may be just too tired and am forgetting some. Anybody else remember any darker toned series since then?

yeah, the rating and air time of this potential series will dictate how good it is. Blade is adult cool and funny, Buffy is teenage programming in some ways (ok, excepting the high following from blokes in their late wenties/early thirties :smiley: ) The potential for extreme violence and multiple onscreen deaths will make this series sit in a certain timeslot and have limited european syndication sales. Unlessthe structure of the films is compromised of course.

wouldn't it be better to just bring back Buffy? i mean, they brought back Family Guy after all.............

I think it'd go over well in the European markets.... if I recall correctly the movies did pretty good in that region. If you remember the movies took place in a few different countries so it isn't necessarily a US locale only.

KW802 said:
There really hasn't been a 'dark' fantasy show on TV in ages it seems. Sure, there's been Buffy and Angel and shows in-between but the last series that I can remember that was really aimed at adults was Forever Knight back in the mid-90's.

I liked ForeverKnight.
DarkShadows
7Days
WitchBlade
DeadZone
XFiles
VR5
DarkSkies
PsiFactor
TalesfromtheDarkside
TalesfromtheCrypt
Werewolf
NightVisions
TheHitchHiker
HarshRealm
FirstWave

When you say 'in between' I figure there is NOTHING in between Buffy and Angel as they are the same show. It also depends upon what you are calling 'Dark' and what you classify as 'Adult'. The above examples dealt with things that were young adult but even ForeverKnight was not rated 'R'. Nothing aired as a series that was rated 'R'. Some Would have been rated 'R' by today's wimpy standards.
Well, I hope you enjoyed the links and memories...:P

Back