Sci-Fi Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Wow, I find absolutely no value in any of your comments?
Guess I'm just weird...
Tom, with that question mark at the end... is that a question in regards to somebody replying to your comments or is that a statement you're making in regards to others comments? :cautious:

I just want to make sure I'm following along here.

Tom, with that question mark at the end... is that a question in regards to somebody replying to your comments or is that a statement you're making in regards to others comments? :cautious:

I just want to make sure I'm following along here.
Specifically...
interlinked cells, interlinked. The promise of Big Brother, we are watching it all!!!
Plus his comments on a few other threads.
I find it difficult to get a handle on this guy's thinking and responses.
Strikes me as coming from way out in left field.

Recently I have gotten a better idea or he has changed his posting language but I kinda understand his participation on a few threads a bit better now.

On this thread, that reply still seems to make no sense to the topic at hand but I'm weird so I am problaby missing something.

@almostvoid Can you explain what you mean when you describe 2049 as "too suburban in scope"?
Specifically...

Plus his comments on a few other threads.
I find it difficult to get a handle on this guy's thinking and responses.
Strikes me as coming from way out in left field.

Recently I have gotten a better idea or he has changed his posting language but I kinda understand his participation on a few threads a bit better now.

On this thread, that reply still seems to make no sense to the topic at hand but I'm weird so I am problaby missing something.
no you are not - weird - however I think it may be good in itself. English is not my first language. Perhaps there the word usage association placing meaning and implications may be a little muddy. As for disagreeing that is very welcome. The French call it: tete-a-tete. Let the sparks fly. Let synapses sizzle. In the follow up of 2049 the whole idea of the original was left behind. Not bad in itself. But too much current SF is turning into soap. Not exactly 'science- given the word come from 'scientia' and all that implied back in the Renaissance. As for 'fiction' well it is supposed to go with the first. But current trends seem to have dispatched the former for the latter.

no you are not - weird - however I think it may be good in itself. English is not my first language. Perhaps there the word usage association placing meaning and implications may be a little muddy. As for disagreeing that is very welcome. The French call it: tete-a-tete. Let the sparks fly. Let synapses sizzle. In the follow up of 2049 the whole idea of the original was left behind. Not bad in itself. But too much current SF is turning into soap. Not exactly 'science- given the word come from 'scientia' and all that implied back in the Renaissance. As for 'fiction' well it is supposed to go with the first. But current trends seem to have dispatched the former for the latter.
Are you saying that 2049 failed to use internally consistent technology/speculative science? Or are you saying the plot didn't leverage that speculation enough, like Firefly - a Western in space?

I thought 2049 used issues of cloning, memory and machine intelligence to make some thoughtful insights about memory and identity - reflections of the first film.

Are you saying that 2049 failed to use internally consistent technology/speculative science? Or are you saying the plot didn't leverage that speculation enough, like Firefly - a Western in space?

I thought 2049 used issues of cloning, memory and machine intelligence to make some thoughtful insights about memory and identity - reflections of the first film.
too true - it was just the reason our 'hero' is off into the smog on his 'quest' was rather pedestrian given the potential of the original