Blue Like September Mornings

It takes two was my favourite movie where I was a kid!! I used to watch it like 9 times a day! :smiley:
Anyway, I know you said this fic would be different from the movie, but I am still very excited. I can't wait to read more! I love it when they are kids involved in fics.
So please keep me on your Pm list!

so... i got my new hard drive... but, of course, dont have anything on it
:cry: do you guys know how distressing it is to open my fics folder and only have 5 of them there instead of the usual 50+ files :cry: :nonono:

anyway thanks for all the great reviews guys - i forgot to mention yesterday that there are 31 parts :smiley: well its 28 chapters and a 3 part 'afterward' you'll see ;)

on to chapter 2!

Chapter 2
Megan nearly fell asleep during the two hour drive to the lake. The house where Megan lived was on a lake, or rather, near the lake. Vaughn, Inc. was started by Megan’s grandfather and since the company had been an immediate success and made the transition into higher technology very well, the Vaughn family was quite wealthy. Megan didn’t see her grandparents too often since they were busy with their social life in the Hampton’s, but the Vaughn’s did own an expansive amount of property, including a lake and 20 surrounding acres in upstate New York.

Her father had his own penthouse apartment in New York where he stayed during the September to May months, but once it became summer, they went to the house near the lake. Though the house was large, it still had a homey, cottage-like feel to it. The grounds were extensive, complete with a pool, stables with three horses and tennis courts, and the lake was just a quarter mile walk through some trees.

Megan loved the time she spent at the lake house. For some reason, it made her feel closer to her mother since her father always told her the lake was her mother’s favorite place. As the limo wound its way through the road edged by trees and brush, Megan’s excitement grew for she knew they were getting closer. Finally, the limo turned off onto the private drive and a large yellow bus filled with screaming kids zoomed by them, but Megan hardly noticed. She was waiting on the edge of her seat, ready to bound out the door and into her father’s arms the moment the limo came to a stop.

When the limo stopped in the driveway, Megan was slightly disappointed that her father wasn’t waiting outside for her but that certainly wasn’t going to hold her back. She raced from the limo and threw open the front door. “DADDY!” she called loudly.

“Hey! There’s my sweet pea!” Michael grinned as he came into the foyer from his office on the side.

“Daddy!” Megan grinned as she ran over and jumped into his open arms. She hugged him around the neck as he kissed her head.

“Ready for summer, sweetie?” he asked.

“YOU BET!” She grinned.

“Good,” he laughed as he set her down. “Meg, I’d like you to meet someone,” Michael said as he walked towards his office. Megan looked in the direction he was going and for the first time noticed a tall, blonde woman with ice blue eyes standing in the doorway. Michael put his arm around the back of the blonde stranger. “Meg, this is Lauren Reed.”

Megan was confused at first since she had almost never been introduced to a woman by her father in this manner, but she recovered quickly and plastered on her perfectly polished exterior. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Miss Reed.” She smiled.

“Oh Michael, she’s precious.” Lauren laughed in her British accent. Megan had to fight to refrain from cringing. “It is so nice to finally meet you Megan. Your dad has told me so much about you.”

“Really? He’s told me nothing about you, Miss Reed.” Megan smiled angelically.

Lauren laughed in a slightly obnoxious manner. “Well, I’m sure your father will tell you all about me, but I’m terribly sorry, I must go. I’m going to be late for a meeting. I’ll see you later this week Megan. Bye love.” She smiled to Michael.

“Hold on, I’ll walk you out,” Michael said as he walked quickly beside Lauren as she made her way to the front door. Megan slowly followed them and peered out the front window while they were saying goodbye. When she saw her father kiss the strange blonde woman on the lips, her stomach nearly came out of her throat. Her father had kissed someone. That had never happened before.

“What’s with the face, Meggie?” Michael asked when he walked back inside and saw his daughter looking slightly peaked.

“You kissed her!” Megan grimaced.

“Come with me Meggie, we need to have a little talk,” Michael said as he took her hand and pulled her towards the patio.

~*~

“Here we are home sweet camp.” Sydney smiled as she pulled Amanda off the bus with her.

“Whoopie,” Amanda sighed with a less than festive wave of her hand.

“Oh come on,” Sydney encouraged as she poked Amanda’s belly button causing her to giggle. “See, there, you’re smiling.”

“No fair, you tricked me.” Amanda groaned.

“Come on Amanda!” her friend Tiffany shouted. “If you don’t hurry up, I’m going to steal your bunk!”

“You’d better not, whore!” Amanda shouted.

“AMANDA!” Sydney scolded.

“I mean...ah, never mind!” Amanda yelled as she ran after Tiffany.

Sydney groaned, rolled her eyes and grabbed her own bags from the bus. “That girl...,” she muttered under her breath.

“Amanda still turning you grey even in your twenties?” Lori, the camp manager, laughed from behind Sydney.

“Of course,” Sydney laughed. “When isn’t she? I swear if I didn’t love that girl so much I’d.... well I don’t know what I’d do.” She laughed again.

“Love her? Sydney, I think you’re the only one who doesn’t want to choke her!” Lori laughed.

“Who says I don’t? At least on occasion. But she has her good qualities too,” Sydney said.

“Mmhmm, well let’s get you up to your cabin,” Lori said.

“Whoopie,” Sydney said dolefully as she slung her bag over her shoulder. It wasn’t that she didn’t enjoy the lake, she did. It was the buggy atmosphere and uncomfortable mattress she minded. Having grown up in Queens and living there her whole life, she wasn’t exactly used to the whole country thing. Plus the fact that her bed would be hopelessly empty didn’t exactly add to the excitement. Dating and her didn’t exactly go hand in hand. She had dates, not many, but some and none of them ever worked out. Eight million people in New York City, presumably at least three of those million were straight males, and yet none of them seemed very appealing to her. Sure, there were the good ones that were taken since they were married, but there had to be someone, right? Preferably not the hot dog vender who always hit on her either. A nice, preferably decent looking, perfect guy – was that too much to ask for?

PM LIST
Action!Vaughn
ae_gurl293
albob
alias_chick_47
Alias79
AliasBub
aliasdancer007
aliasfan212
Aliasfan23
aliasisthebest
Alwazabrat
ams4alias
aprilsfool6
ASIOagent
atekamel
batman
benzmine
berry_kyoote_spy88
BrownEyedGirl
Bubbles
buckeyealum2000
Carol_Br47
ChrisM
cookiemonster
Crazy for Alias
cupcake55
dandan
EJ11
ekm324
Faye Vaughn
fieldstation
freckles3706
freelancer79
gucci_94
hannahb
icaughtmeasark
invisible
jb288
Jen-Jen
KAC
KAliasGirl
kittykatsmeow
littleangel
LittleNicky
Lor_Aliasfan47
Lovygirl
maddy28
mbellsdiva
meghanlyn85
Minttu
MontrealRocks
Nadia Weiss
newyorkaise
Nicky_Bristow
Phoenixwannabe
PointguysGirl
Prediction 47
Queen of hearts
sabbiee_co
Sarahmañana
sarkattack
scullymulder1234
smartgirl2004
SpygirlAmy
stealthy
stella1
superspy
Syd_ Vaughn
syd_kicks_serious_ass
Syd4Vaughn
SydAPO05
sydney_alias_vaughn
sydneymicheal
SydneyVaughn47
SydVaughn1001
texasalias2004
Thayna
tubby
tunita
twinkley_angel
Vaughn-a-holic!439
vaughnroxmysox
vaughnsgurl4lf
vaughnshoney

No way. I"M FIRST!

ick. He's dating the cow.

Amanda seems like a piece of work.

The cow dies in a tragic (or not) accident right?

:P

I can't believe Michael is dating Lauren. So Sydney is finally at the lake...so that means she and Michael should meet very soon, huh?

Can't wait and thanks for the pm.

Back