Blur Does LoTRO

Thanks, Blur. The screenshots really do help. We should probably get a couple of 'Ultra High Quality' graphic setting shots, too.

Seeria said:
For avid industry players... this is a game you need to try so you've references for the rest of industry.

I definitely agree with this... for industry players and creators/developers. Lotro may be a rehashing of a lot of what we have come to expect from MMOs, but it does have its strong points, especially graphics. It is worth taking a look into.

Zink said:
...Damn, I keep on getting messages about posting within 30 sec of other posts...

That is a sure sign that your posts are probably lacking in content and are bordering on spam. The occasional 'lol' or 'ok' or 'thanks' or 'qfe/qft' reply is fine, but if all of your posts consist of 1 to 3 word thoughts, you should think twice before posting. Ask yourself: Does everyone really want to take the time to read what I am posting? For someone like myself, who reads every post at HH, it gets a bit trite to have nothing but posts like that to look forward to.

Thanks Blur!
Really nice preview. Sadly It wont make me very interested of the game. It feel that I've played it already. Making it a Tolikien universe don't make it much better, more the other way around. I'm not very fond of game developers trying to make an interactive gameworlds out of established universes. They don't only paint them self into a corner, it never really feels "right".

What I will try look for in my next game is a unique world and lore and hopefully innovative game mechanics...

It's a franchise. My line of thinking is that all mmo's based on a franchise (movie/books) is doomed to a tight, unchanging mold and is worth nothing more than one trip through. Although, for some of them--ewww. hehe

Warcraft, Magic, Warhammer... now these are ever evolving worlds which have their restrictions of course but at least the lore can continue the game well into the future. Unlike books and movies.

Personally, if I had my world domination--you didn't hear me say that-- I'd demand all mmorpg's be original lore. Now back to plotting.

I got myself a beta key..

There is a few things that actually "caught" my attention. For example, how they tried to actually get the feeling of time passing. Only possible in zoned areas of course, but it worked for me.

Very much is the same old however... much as Blur said.
It looks good tho... visually

oh yeah.. and the thing HJ was going to have.. A "mood" emote.. thats in lotro now.. so thats not a HJ unique thing anymore... (it looks really stupid in lotron tho)

Dance.. dance.. dance.. beat of the feet... dance dance dance. B-)

It's a good mmorpg. That's really the only way to put it. No other adjectives required.

It's not a groundbreaker at all. They weren't trying for that. As they say in the beta, they're working to recreate a world that can't be changed. That means A to B gaming and boundries, including mechanical. *shrug* Still, I think it's worth at least one run of 1 to 50, 2 if you like replaying the exact same content. Franchise games--Never ever are they overly exciting.

The being able to play music in game is rather nifty. I can hear roleplay bards screaming for it. You get an instrument and use the keyboard to play notes on it. Heh they've several threads devoted to song lists and all.

The being able to play music in game is rather nifty. I can hear roleplay bards screaming for it. You get an instrument and use the keyboard to play notes on it. Heh they've several threads devoted to song lists and all.

I heard a Guy play Imperial March with his horn... That was very funny. Not very LotR tho, hehe

Back